JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Red Heifers apparently fulfil Biblical Prophecy

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2029 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

So this is what the Jews are waiting for, a red heifer that signifies the coming of their messiah, while some groups in Christendom think it leads to judgement day.

https://www.rt.com/news/438102-bible-prophecy-heifer-apocalypse/

A Jewish group says an apparently completely red heifer has been born – the first in 2,000 years – thus fulfilling a biblical prophecy that signals the coming of the Messiah, which Christians believe will end with an apocalypse.

The birth of the potential cow of prophecy was announced by the Temple Institute, a group which says it is “dedicated to every aspect of the Holy Temple of Jerusalem.” “On the 17th day of Elul, 5778, [August 28, 2018], a red heifer was born in the land of Israel,” the group wrote on its Facebook page.

The organization says that the female baby cow foreshadows the construction of the Third Temple in Jerusalem, heralding the arrival of the Jewish Messiah. Evangelical Christian theologians also believe the construction of the Third Temple will lead to Judgment Day.

References to red heifers are present in both the Christian and Jewish traditions. The calf has reportedly been examined by rabbinical experts but will continue to be studied every few months to determine its legitimacy as the red heifer of Biblical prophecy.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I just want to know where this particular prophecy is in the bible.  The only red heifer reference that I can find is at Numbers 19:2, about which the si book, page 35  par 32 has this to say:    "In the animal sacrifices and in the sprinkling of the ashes of the young red cow of Numbers 19:2-9, we again see pictured the far grander provision for cleansing through the sacrifice of Christ.—Heb. 9:13, 14"  which is hardly a prophecy for a coming messiah.

Edited by GeordieGirl

2 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

I just want to know where this particular prophecy is in the bible.  The only red heifer reference that I can find is at Numbers 19:2, about which the si book, page 35  par 32 has this to say:    "In the animal sacrifices and in the sprinkling of the ashes of the young red cow of Numbers 19:2-9, we again see pictured the far grander provision for cleansing through the sacrifice of Christ.—Heb. 9:13, 14"  which is hardly a prophecy for a coming messiah.

The Jews came to have a lot of oral traditions and rules. My guess is that this falls into that category. Non-scriptural, oral traditional beliefs. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Ok, found some convoluted reasoning 

https://www.gotquestions.org/red-heifer.html

What is the significance of a red heifer in the Bible?

Question: "What is the significance of a red heifer in the Bible? Is a red heifer a sign of the end times?"

Answer: According to the Bible, the red heifer—a reddish-brown cow, probably no more than two years old which had never had a yoke on it—was to be sacrificed as part of the purification rites of the Mosaic Law. The slaughtering of a red heifer was a ceremonial ritual in the Old Testament sacrificial system, as described in Numbers 19:1-10. The purpose of the red heifer sacrifice was to provide for the water of cleansing (Numbers 19:9), another term for purification from sin. After the red heifer was sacrificed, her blood was sprinkled at the door of the tabernacle.

The imagery of the blood of the heifer without blemish being sacrificed and its blood cleansing from sin is a foreshadowing of the blood of Christ shed on the cross for believers’ sin. He was “without blemish” just as the red heifer was to be. As the heifer was sacrificed “outside the camp” (Numbers 19:3), in the same way Jesus was crucified outside of Jerusalem: “And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood” (Hebrews 13:11-12). 

The Bible does teach that one day there will be again be a temple of God in Jerusalem (Ezekiel chapters 41-45). Jesus prophesied that the antichrist would desecrate the temple (Matthew 24:15), and for that to occur, there obviously would have to be a temple in Jerusalem once again. Many anticipate the birth of a red heifer because in order for a new temple to function according to the Old Testament law, a red heifer would have to be sacrificed for the water of cleansing used in the temple. So, when a red heifer is born (which is quite unusual) it might be a sign that the temple will soon be rebuilt.What is the significance of a red heifer in the Bible?

red heifer

Question: "What is the significance of a red heifer in the Bible? Is a red heifer a sign of the end times?"

Answer: According to the Bible, the red heifer—a reddish-brown cow, probably no more than two years old which had never had a yoke on it—was to be sacrificed as part of the purification rites of the Mosaic Law. The slaughtering of a red heifer was a ceremonial ritual in the Old Testament sacrificial system, as described in Numbers 19:1-10. The purpose of the red heifer sacrifice was to provide for the water of cleansing (Numbers 19:9), another term for purification from sin. After the red heifer was sacrificed, her blood was sprinkled at the door of the tabernacle.

The imagery of the blood of the heifer without blemish being sacrificed and its blood cleansing from sin is a foreshadowing of the blood of Christ shed on the cross for believers’ sin. He was “without blemish” just as the red heifer was to be. As the heifer was sacrificed “outside the camp” (Numbers 19:3), in the same way Jesus was crucified outside of Jerusalem: “And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood” (Hebrews 13:11-12). 

The Bible does teach that one day there will be again be a temple of God in Jerusalem (Ezekiel chapters 41-45). Jesus prophesied that the antichrist would desecrate the temple (Matthew 24:15), and for that to occur, there obviously would have to be a temple in Jerusalem once again. Many anticipate the birth of a red heifer because in order for a new temple to function according to the Old Testament law, a red heifer would have to be sacrificed for the water of cleansing used in the temple. So, when a red heifer is born (which is quite unusual) it might be a sign that the temple will soon be rebuilt.

6 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Burgundy Bovine?...

It must have been orphaned, the poor thing was...marooned...:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Ok, found some convoluted reasoning 

https://www.gotquestions.org/red-heifer.html

What is the significance of a red heifer in the Bible?

Answer: According to the Bible, the red heifer—a reddish-brown cow, probably no more than two years old which had never had a yoke on it—was to be sacrificed as part of the purification rites of the Mosaic Law. The slaughtering of a red heifer was a ceremonial ritual in the Old Testament sacrificial system, as described in Numbers 19:1-10. The purpose of the red heifer sacrifice was to provide for the water of cleansing (Numbers 19:9), another term for purification from sin. After the red heifer was sacrificed, her blood was sprinkled at the door of the tabernacle.

The Bible does teach that one day there will be again be a temple of God in Jerusalem (Ezekiel chapters 41-45). Jesus prophesied that the antichrist would desecrate the temple (Matthew 24:15), and for that to occur, there obviously would have to be a temple in Jerusalem once again. Many anticipate the birth of a red heifer because in order for a new temple to function according to the Old Testament law, a red heifer would have to be sacrificed for the water of cleansing used in the temple. So, when a red heifer is born (which is quite unusual) it might be a sign that the temple will soon be rebuilt.What is the significance of a red heifer in the Bible?

red heifer

Answer: According to the Bible, the red heifer—a reddish-brown cow, probably no more than two years old which had never had a yoke on it—was to be sacrificed as part of the purification rites of the Mosaic Law. The slaughtering of a red heifer was a ceremonial ritual in the Old Testament sacrificial system, as described in Numbers 19:1-10. The purpose of the red heifer sacrifice was to provide for the water of cleansing (Numbers 19:9), another term for purification from sin. After the red heifer was sacrificed, her blood was sprinkled at the door of the tabernacle.

The Bible does teach that one day there will be again be a temple of God in Jerusalem (Ezekiel chapters 41-45). Jesus prophesied that the antichrist would desecrate the temple (Matthew 24:15), and for that to occur, there obviously would have to be a temple in Jerusalem once again. Many anticipate the birth of a red heifer because in order for a new temple to function according to the Old Testament law, a red heifer would have to be sacrificed for the water of cleansing used in the temple. So, when a red heifer is born (which is quite unusual) it might be a sign that the temple will soon be rebuilt.

Is that twice for emphasis? :P:lol:

Thank you, Shawn, for that research.  Therir reasoning is certainly skew-wiff but I can see why ones who have had their minds blinded by satan might be able to come up with this convoluted way of viewing Christ's coming ... if he hadn't already been of course. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

So, when a red heifer is born (which is quite unusual) 

That's odd..

It appears a red cow (not to be confused with Red Bull) was used for several things by the Israelites, it doesn't appear to be unusual for a red cow to be available.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, carlos said:

I was so unconvinced by all the last days' prophecies in the Bible, but if a red heifer has been born, wow, who could question that? :lol:

I'm sure many people will be moooooooved to agree with you...:whistling:

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

That's odd..

It appears a red cow (not to be confused with Red Bull) was used for several things by the Israelites, it doesn't appear to be unusual for a red cow to be available.

Yep.

I also don't see any requirement that it must be 100% red without a single tuft of any other color

59 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Yep.

I also don't see any requirement that it must be 100% red without a single tuft of any other color

Thanks for the research Shawnster.  When I started to read it I immediately thought of the cow that was released in the wilderness, your efforts revealed another usage for the red one, thanks for your work. ..

The great tribulation is going to catch these people unawares because they are waiting on something that will never happen...

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

1 hour ago, Brother Jack said:

The great tribulation is going to catch these people unawares because they are waiting on something that will never happen...

They are looking for signs in all the wrong places...

Can you imagine what it would take to destroy the Dome of the Rock (https://www.bibleplaces.com/domeofrock/ ) So that they could build a new temple on the Temple Mount??

That area would be NUKED if anyone blew that Muslim Holy site up. Nothing could be built there for hundreds of years due to the radioactive fall-out.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

19 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

A Jewish group says an apparently completely red heifer has been born – the first in 2,000 years – thus fulfilling a biblical prophecy that signals the coming of the Messiah, which Christians believe will end with an apocalypse.

The birth of the potential cow of prophecy was announced by the Temple Institute, a group which says it is “dedicated to every aspect of the Holy Temple of Jerusalem.” “On the 17th day of Elul, 5778, [August 28, 2018], a red heifer was born in the land of Israel,”

Since no man knows the day or hour of Armageddon, any prediction of that day would seemingly delay Armageddon, since Jehovah may prevent the prediction from getting credit for bringing Jehovah's day. However since He has already established when His Day will begin, none of these predictions will affect His timeline and eventually one of them will be right. Just another satanic way to detract from Jehovah and mislead people. However we know Jehovah will ensure everyone knows it is HIS day, not some false prophecy.

6 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Thanks for the research Shawnster.  When I started to read it I immediately thought of the cow that was released in the wilderness, your efforts revealed another usage for the red one, thanks for your work. ..

Wasn't that a goat? The scapegoat? Or are you talking about something totally different, and my brain is on a totally different track ..... which wouldn't surprise me - it does do that. LOL

7 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Wasn't that a goat? The scapegoat? Or are you talking about something totally different, and my brain is on a totally different track ..... which wouldn't surprise me - it does do that. LOL

Hmmm, now I need to find out for sure.

I was thinking it was a calf that was released but I'm not one to trust anything that doesn't work well,  like my memory. ..

7 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Wasn't that a goat? The scapegoat?

Exactly right. I was wrong about the cow.

It was Atonement Day, a bull was sacrificed and then lots were cast to pick one of the 2 goats offered, one was to be slaughtered,  the other, carrying the sins of the nation from the last year, was led into the wilderness and released. (Lev 16:20-22) The goat of Azazel....the 'goat that disappears.'

Thanks Terri, I appreciate your post that prompted my research. (Page 225, Insight book, AZAZEL)

• 3 weeks later...