JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Apple Conference 2018

2 hours ago, juliansan said:

Who will watch the stream today? In Germany it's going to be at 7pm. My meeting starts at 6:45pm. So I will have to wait until I come home.

Do we have Apple Fan Brothers or Sisters here? :D 

I was a big Apple fan but the last while I have found their products boring - I am leaning towards Android which have the ability to customize things.  Personal preference.

I use apple products. I find them easier and better than android. Personal preference, I guess. But I will not watch the stream. Whatever they say there will be spread within seconds anyway.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

If the stream would cover easier access to Red Delicious or new recipes for Granny Smith or perhaps some news about some newer varieties I might listen ...

I do like apples :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

14 hours ago, juliansan said:

Who will watch the stream today? In Germany it's going to be at 7pm. My meeting starts at 6:45pm. So I will have to wait until I come home.

Do we have Apple Fan Brothers or Sisters here? :D 

I am giving up on their products ... at this stage I find Android more attractive. 

Simplicity of not going through ITunes (which always gives me headache) in Android phones for example is a big win.

I have Samsung 9plus with additional micro sad card ... storage problem solved. Impossible in Apple. 

Goodbye Apple. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

If the stream would cover easier access to Red Delicious or new recipes for Granny Smith or perhaps some news about some newer varieties I might listen ...

I do like apples :thumbsup:

A speaker at our RC mentioned the apples that we might have in the congregation.

Granny Smith-The older sister that has been in the Truth for years

Cameo-The family that sneaks into a meeting occasionally

Stayman-The brother that is always wanting to move to a better congregation and everyone says...Stay man...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I am giving up on their products ... at this stage I find Android more attractive. 

Simplicity of not going through ITunes (which always gives me headache) in Android phones for example is a big win.

I have Samsung 9plus with additional micro sad card ... storage problem solved. Impossible in Apple. 

Goodbye Apple. 

My only exposure to Android was back in the days of the Galaxy S2, which was probably the worse phone Samsung ever made so it soured me on the Android experience.  However, we recently were out in service with another couple who re-introduced me to Android through the Google Pixel phone...it is awesome!  

Like you I am so done with iTunes especially .

Did you have a different Android phone before the S9?  I have heard that some get annoyed with all the bloatware Samsung puts on the phone so just wondering if that's an issue for you.  

My home button went out on my iPhone 6 Plus so I’m going to get the iPhone Xr when it’s available. Looking forward to it. I like how the iPhone 8 Plus replacement is $50 cheaper than the iPhone 8 Plus. I was afraid it was going to be more expensive considering how greedy Apple is lol.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

"Apple quietly removed three of the most important iPhones in recent history from its online store, including the iPhone SE."  ... "Just as three new iPhones have arrived to join Apple’s lineup, three more iPhones have been rotated out. RIP to the iPhone X, the iPhone 6s, and the iPhone SE." - http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/09/rip-iphone-se/

I bought an iPhone 6s four weeks ago, so I'm pleased I didn't wait around. The 6s does everything I want and it does it fast. The new iPhones are shiny and new, but so was the iPhone X last year. Plenty of these now older iPhones on the 2nd hand market and I was tempted to buy, but in the end I went for peace of mind and bought new.

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2018 at 2:05 PM, Gregexplore said:

Goodbye Apple. 

I have to quote myself as I changed my opinion... Apple is simpler to use, Samsung gives me “annoyance” a lot . 

For example ..I press camera...smart thing feature pops in ..etc...etc... I might go back to Apple with my next phone. 

My wife does not like android system at all. Both system are flawed ...no matter how hard we look. 

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

18 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

I have to quote myself as I changed my opinion... Apple is simpler to use, Samsung gives me “annoyance” a lot . 

For example ..I press camera...smart thing feature pops in ..etc...etc... I might go back to Apple with my next phone. 

My wife does not like android system at all. Both system are flawed ...no matter how hard we look. 

Until next year then....:wave:

Why they just can't design a software/system that is easy to use and functional :whistling:

O! wait a minute ...that doesn't' make "greedy business sense" as consumers would not update or look for something better.

The "greedy business approach" is to sell half -cooked products so consumers are on the "mouse roll" constantly upgrading.

I think we need a new topic "Anybody like iTunes?:raspberry:

I don’t like it. I mean, I can kind of understand why they use it, and honestly, the Android solution is much worse.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

It's a lot less intuitive to what we're used to with windows.  I think I can live with itunes, if only they didn't keep "upgrading" it, and changing the way to do the file syncs etc.  I've given up trying to understand how or even why.  I just follow the set process to do my stuff.  And then they change it.  Grrr....

But like Greg, I too vacillate between I hate Iphone/I hate Samsung.  Are there any other options tho?  We can't stray too far from ios and android because of the JWapp not being supported on many platforms.

37 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

It's a lot less intuitive to what we're used to with windows.  I think I can live with itunes, if only they didn't keep "upgrading" it, and changing the way to do the file syncs etc.  I've given up trying to understand how or even why.  I just follow the set process to do my stuff.  And then they change it.  Grrr....

But like Greg, I too vacillate between I hate Iphone/I hate Samsung.  Are there any other options tho?  We can't stray too far from ios and android because of the JWapp not being supported on many platforms.

Bottom line...we're all stuck with what the sell.