JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Suspicious fire destroys Jehovah’s Witness Kingdom Hall in Lacey Washington

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1951 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

57 minutes ago, Old said:

As far as I know this is the only one, in Thurston County, that burned to the ground. Others damage, either severly or less. I helped rebuild one of the first that was gutted but bearing walls and roof were in tack. The interior was totally rebuilt.

I'll go back and take another look at the news report, but the pictures they showed were quite devastating from what I saw...and there were several...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

10 minutes ago, Dove said:

I'll go back and take another look at the news report, but the pictures they showed were quite devastating from what I saw...and there were several...

These were the ones mentioned on ABC News:

December 7th Lacey KH,..arson

March 19 at the Tumwater KH..arson

March 19 at the Olympia KH..arson

May 15 shooting

July 3 Olympia KH..arson

August 8 Yelm KH..attempted arson

All in the same county..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Old said:

As far as I know this is the only one, in Thurston County, that burned to the ground. Others damage, either severly or less. I helped rebuild one of the first that was gutted but bearing walls and roof were in tack. The interior was totally rebuilt.

You may be right about the damage done; they kept showing the one burned to the ground and just parts of some of the others. They all looked quite damaged but maybe not beyond repair...

1 hour ago, Old said:

On 12/7/2018 at 10:02 AM, Musky said:

ATF agents have told Q13 News in the past that it's only a matter of time before someone is hurt or killed"

There was a short spot on Good Morning America news show today with video and commentary from an ATF OFFICER.

The news commentators on GMA said that JW’s are known as peaceful people .

the spot starts at the 10:46 mark.

Maybe I've watched too many investigation shows, but, since they have footage from the store couldn't they have gone back through purchase records for the date and time and found the credit card information and found the person that way? Or is that way too simple? :confused:

17 minutes ago, CouveBro said:

Maybe I've watched too many investigation shows, but, since they have footage from the store couldn't they have gone back through purchase records for the date and time and found the credit card information and found the person that way? Or is that way too simple? :confused:

and if the perp used cash?

side note:

Our hall has cameras directed at the Hall and one door camera but the video record of those cameras are all stored in the Hall. Should it not be a concern to get cloud service as a fire like the ones above destroys all video records.  The video in the news reports of the perp starting a fire was only when he was unsuccessful in burning down the whole building.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Just caught the end of a report on ABC Nightly News  with David .  The on site reporter mentioned the reward or identifying the arsonist as well as the release of video (she mad it sound as if it is video. But don’t quote me on that).  It would be nice if the arsonist is caught before anything more or worse happens. 

🙏

Edited by booboo

In here, there is a video I believe of the Morning Show, where they have segment on the Hall burning.  One congregation caught a person of interest in a brown jacket with a hood and he or she was lighting the flame, but you can't see their face.  Whatever they used to light that fire, it looked like it exploded, so that person had to be hurt.   He or she probably doctor'd themselves up so not to go to a doctor or hospital.  The video taken from one of the halls that was set on fire, but it was caught in time.  Some nasty folks up there in Washington State, they showed a "person of interest" on a video from some store.  It could have been Home Depot, Walmart or a Loews'.  The police have the video of the suspect of interest.  The reward I believe said $36,000.00 I don't know but I think this is low, maybe posting $50.000 up to $100,000 would be a good number to get this person off the streets.   But then then again, the high amount might draw other coo coo's out there and out here!  

Well at least if its the suspected person, with a mustache, fake or real, we know he is not skinny and can slip in and out easily.  I think he does harbor animosity for our community Kingdom Halls, and or us as a whole.  Disgruntle is a good word, but also someone who loves to start fires to get a reaction.  Most fires have been lit early in the morning when no one is around.  But then Satan could get a little more gutzie and have his Hench person do something a little more exciting. I hope they catch this person and or his accomplices  if he or she has any.    I mean they have AFT, Fire Marshal's, State Troopers, Fire Bomb Squads and dogs, they even have a suspect on video.  What store did that video come from? Home Depot? WalMart?  Or Loews?  Or just a plain hardware store.  How did the authorities get that video, so now they may have a face with a fake or real mustache.  Hope Jehovah's eyes were looking down there that morning.  Most of glad none of our friends injured or killed.  

Edited by Allabord4Jah

missed a word

As much as I hate to say it, I am afraid we will see more of attacks like this becoming more common.

During our meetings as soon as they start we lock our doors and have a brother monitoring the survelience camera for any late-comers to let them in.  One positive thing for our location is that we are next door to a Tim Hortons – for those unfamiliar it is a famous coffee shop all over Canada – and the police use our parking lot during non-meeting times for their coffee breaks and usually there are 2-3 squad cars there on a regular basis.

Actually, a comical story from when I was young:

A brother stopped off at our Hall on his way into work one morning to get some literature for a neighboring congregation.  He goes to the front door and notices the entire side window glass pane was shattered – he looks inside and see’s a person laying in the back row and blood on the floor.  He calls the police immediately fearing the worse possible sceneiro that someone was murdered.  It turns out the man was driving drunk, ran out of gas and got cold so he decided to break into the Hall to keep warm.  He slipped as he stumbled in, cut his leg on the broken glass, wrapped himself in the carpet by the front door and passed out LOL.  The funny part is the man had no idea where he was and no memory of what he did.

23 hours ago, rocket said:

and if the perp used cash?

Don't you just love watching those old police shows on TV....:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

38 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Original or Remake..

The lollipops were in response to "Who loves ya', baby"

The rest is, of course, for the REAL one - the Original !

(there is a remake?)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I am thankful that this guy isn't out to actually kill someone.  Seems like he goes to great lengths to do this when our meeting places are completely empty. I am just worried that for each Hall he gets away with destroying, it emboldens him to continue, moving out of the current county he has been doing this in to other areas.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

https://www.kiro7.com/news/south-sound-news/atf-releases-profile-of-persons-of-interest-behind-arsons-at-jehovah-s-witnesses-halls/887463178

Police appear to believe this person is a former Witness, which is probably true. 

All they have to do is look online and less than a second see all the hate-sites and vitriol aimed at us. 

Doesn’t take a rocket scientists to see how  someone could be easily incited.