JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

US stocks suffer worst week in a decade

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1945 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, JennyM said:

I hope this is one of the sign. 

Yes and No.

Yes, its part of the sign that Satan's system is decaying, however so is everything else that you read in the news.

No, Jehovah didn't cause this as part of His day, the correction in the stock market it due to the increase in the interest rate.

Think of Satan's influence like a cancer attacking a persons body. As the cancer spreads to parts of the body it will change, some parts change color, shape or size. These are all signs that the cancer is spreading. Eventually the signs of the cancer spreading will come faster and be more obvious. That is what Satan is doing to the world and everything in it.

Fortunately there is a doctor that can cure the cancer, however he has to induce a coma first. The patient is still sick and appears to be dead but the doctor is in control now. Once the doctor removes the cancer the patient is revived and begins a long process of recuperation.

So, we are seeing the signs that the cancer is spreading, however we are still waiting for the doctor to induce the coma and kill the cancer. That's the sign we are looking for.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Thanks for the further explanation.. I should say that I hope that's the sign of the great tribulation  that is imminent as what the talk explained. ... In our assemblies since the remain loyal  convention, it was said there that "things will be difficult." and personally I experienced that and so our bro  and sis in venezuela, russia, and in ukraine. 

2 hours ago, trottigy said:

A stock market in freefall is NOT security, but rather the opposite.

Agreed, and I wouldn't even call the current correction to be a freefall. A 5 year trend on the market shows it's still a lot better than it was just 2 or 3 years ago.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The stock market is still dropping and the Santa Claus Rally appears to be dead. The DOW is back to where it was in September 2017, so if you were happy with your portfolio in 4Q17, you should still be happy :lol:

DOW jumps over 1000 points!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/dow-soars-950-points-erases-losses-from-worst-christmas-eve-ever/ar-BBRqXPq?li=BBnbfcN

I did a ROTH conversion on Monday, wheres the Happy Dance emoji?

:thumbsup:

18 hours ago, Tortuga said:

What goes up must come down..:lol1: