JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

47 minutes ago, ivy said:

Philips seems to be recommended in Indonesia, but pricey...

I would say, go with the local recommended, well tested products as quality and brands vary from country to country.

We just bought Buffalo rice cooker, expensive but good (Made in Korea)

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

My sister loved hers and talked me into getting one. I personally don't eat much fried food and never used it. I gave it to a friend.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I have the original Brio Air Fryer by Nuwave 3 quart I purchased about 2 years ago.  We wanted to cut down on the oils that frying requires and I am gluten free and wanted to finally be able to eat a piece of fried chicken.

I love it and used it often to make chicken.  However I don't use it anymore because my husband and I stopped eating meat (except fish).  When I was using it I didn't use flour and still the chicken was crunchy.  I only used flour when I prepared chicken for visitors.  They would try it with and without flour and was amazed that the non-flour chicken was crunchy and that the flour ones were gluten free.

I would use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour (the blue label) to prepare the chicken. To prepare chicken  in the air fryer I would just pour a little oil in my the bowl the chicken was in and then rub it on the meat.  I would then season the meat.  People couldn't believe there was no flour and hardly any oil.  You do not need to use oil but with flour you may want to add some to the meat's skin then dip in the flour so that it will fry better.

I have tried frying fresh potatoes french fries but I didn't like how they turned out.  I later read you have to soak them in hot water for a while or boil them a bit, dry them off before frying.  I never tried it. 

It is better to use "frozen" store bought fries and other foods like fish sticks but I don't do store bought frozen fries as it has wheat or soy which I can't eat.

• 1 month later...