JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Life-size Noah's Ark comes to life - KY, USA

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1859 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

28 minutes ago, leoperales said:

Nope, but this isn't new. I think its been around about three years now. It certainly isn't a replica, since no one knows how the original structure looked.

Will I ever visit? No. Ken Ham uses this ARK to teach that the entire world is only 6,000 years old. He has dinosaurs on his Ark alongside humans. So I don't feel comfortable, knowingly, giving direct financial support to outrageous beliefs like his.

I live near this attraction. It is to scale more or less but is otherwise built with a high degree of artistic liscence. The people I’ve talked to have said it was interesting but had some very speculative features and was fairly expensive. I , for one, will go see it when and if we have to remove or revise it in the new system. I’d rather spend my money on something that furthers the kingdom or my development as Jehovah’s servant. I do recommend the Met tours in NYC. 

On 2/15/2019 at 3:02 PM, Bob said:

Ken Ham uses this ARK to teach that the entire world is only 6,000 years old.

*eye roll*

Someone please read the verses in Genesis 2 to that man which says otherwise.

I mean, it's a cool thing they built, I like his commitment too, but not sure about it being made like a boat hull underneath though, as that is potentially a flaw that would have capsized the ark. But according to how the GB have taught, that it was purely a long rectangle with a flat base, it would have rode the waves better, and such a model has even been pressure tested in miniture form by others.

Afterall, you built a ship like you do because you intend to "sail" it, direct it and so on, but this was just for surival only.  It's Christindom's fault (again) that people view it as a big sailing boat. They can't get anything right and do a really good job of defaming the important details of the Bible. (But again, Babylon, Satan's influence).

Edited by EccentricM

2 hours ago, EccentricM said:

*eye roll*

Someone please read the verses in Genesis 2 to that man which says otherwise.

I mean, it's a cool thing they built, I like his commitment too, but not sure about it being made like a boat hull underneath though, as that is potentially a flaw that would have capsized the ark. But according to how the GB have taught, that it was purely a long rectangle with a flat base, it would have rode the waves better, and such a model has even been pressure tested in miniture form by others.

Afterall, you built a ship like you do because you intend to "sail" it, direct it and so on, but this was just for surival only.  It's Christindom's fault (again) that people view it as a big sailing boat. They can't get anything right and do a really good job of defaming the important details of the Bible. (But again, Babylon, Satan's influence).

Yeah, I think you are dead on in the last paragraph especially. I would like to see a life sized Ark myself. Perhaps it would be more plausible in the eyes of non-believers if it wasn't used to advance clear pseudoscience. 

On 2/18/2019 at 4:56 PM, rocket said:

If it is at a public port it would be fun to do cart witnessing there.

That made me think about the dramatization on our "Out of Darkness" video in which the Bible Students were standing outside of a Church offering literature, and the priest came out and slapped the literature out of their hands.

Can you imagine Witnessing Carts being toppled over by Ken Ham-ties!?!

:lol1:

I was looking at their application form and their “Statement of Faith” that is listed there you need to sign/agree as part of the application process, your required to abide to their “Statement of Faith” in order to be hired and along the other requirements when on duty. Nothing like forcing people to believe something they don’t believe in just to get a job. Almost sounds like a backdrop recruitment. There are apparently 900 job positions at the arc??

On 2/20/2019 at 10:54 AM, Shawnster said:

I certainly hope so. 

I also want a full size replica of Solomon's Temple.  

If Jehovah would allow it, I would like to see one of the original craftsmen who built the ark of the covenant make a replica.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

12 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

Unless the original is still hidden somewhere and will be found..

That would be nice but I’ve always doubted that. The ark was covered in gold and I’m sure some would have taken it apart for their own gain a long time ago.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 2/20/2019 at 6:43 AM, sunshine said:

It looks like its the wrong shape, it should be more like a rectangle box... still kudos to them for trying.

Screenshot-20190220-135622-1.jpg

That’s what I thought. It makes more sense that the ark would have been rectangular shaped. It would been easier to build that way. Besides the ark was made to float, not propel through water like a ship. 

2 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Unless the original is still hidden somewhere and will be found..

Didn’t Indiana Jones find it a few years back? :crackwhip:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 hour ago, Brother Jack said:

That’s what I thought. It makes more sense that the ark would have been rectangular shaped. It would been easier to build that way. Besides the ark was made to float, not propel through water like a ship. 

I can’t imagine what it would have been like inside the ark during that “perfect storm”.  They were being tossed and bounced around on the waves like riding a bull.  :boating: 

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

The Ark was covered inside and out with a kind of tar . It would have taken a lot so that it was probably constructed near to or directly over a large deposit. This makes me picture the actual structure as being buoyed upon a massive plug of the stuff with all kinds of tar soaked trees trapped in its matrix . Kind of like a floating island with a pole barn on top. 

what is shown is old type of simple big ship..

Noah arch wasnt ship, it was arch, a box, simply shape, in that time when was not rain and water at all, nobody should know which geometry ship needs to flow ocean. 

noah and people from that time didnt build ships and sails oceans. 

noah was first who made sometnihg to flow on water and it was not naval structure boat, but simple shape water-flowing object..

4 minutes ago, .Ivan. said:

in that time when was not rain and water at all, nobody should know which geometry ship needs to flow ocean. 

noah was first who made sometnihg to flow on water

The Bible doesn't say there wasn't any rain or water at that time, it also doesn't say that he was the first person to make something that floated on water. However, if he preached to the inhabited area of the earth then it is logical that everyone was within walking distance.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

20 hours ago, .Ivan. said:

noah was first who made sometnihg to flow on water and it was not naval structure boat, but simple shape water-flowing object..

Keep in mind that there were most likely millions of people on earth back then. They no doubt spread out. Why would Jehovah flood the entire planet if there were only a few people in a local area?

4 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

Keep in mind that there were most likely millions of people on earth back then. They no doubt spread out. Why would Jehovah flood the entire planet if there were only a few people in a local area?

It has been postulated several times that Jehovah made it impossible for the fallen angels to keep their physical bodies. Perhaps they could have just moved to a dry area otherwise. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

It has been postulated several times that Jehovah made it impossible for the fallen angels to keep their physical bodies. Perhaps they could have just moved to a dry area otherwise. 

I was going to quote such, but then I thought.. would that have forced them to return to heaven? (Which would be the ultimate goal I imagine), or would they just go to space? Also Jehovah I imagine could have used his power to just force them to abandon their human forms.

Edited by EccentricM

I think at that time there were not millions of people who spread on the ground. They built a Babylonian tower to stay together, instead of being distributed. They later spread, but Noah could only preach to a small amount of people. I think that then there was more land than the sea, I doubt that Jehovah would create the planet only 30% of the land. At that time everything was as God created in the beginning and there were also "water above the surface" which I think were flooded over the ground during the flood and filled the surface with water, so now we have a planet with 70% sea and ocean and only 30 % land. the first human civilization before the flood I think could not see direct sunlight but dispersion, because of that water in the atmosphere and surely, seeing directly in the sunlight is dangerous to the eyes.

After the flood, people spread across the globe and created antique communities, such as Inca, Maya, North American Indians, India, Aborigines, etc., perhaps they did not have to sail, perhaps the country was otherwise geographic structures so they could walk from continent to continent and later the sea occupied those spaces. that is what I think .. NHF ..