JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Torture of JWs in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1798 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

14 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Wow! Thank you our dear brother for spending the time and effort to translate and relate this information to us! Very much appreciated! 💖

I couldn't have said it better.  Yes, thank you brother so very much!  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

8 hours ago, Bek said:

I have watched the hour-long conference on the persecution of JWs and, in particular, the torture of brothers in Surgut. Here is a condensed write-up of the key points.

To Mods, I have tried to make it as short as possible, but it still runs to two pages. Since there are no copyright issues, I hope you will not remove my report which has taken me about two hours to put together.

Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks much for your effort bro..

We can only hope and pray that this continues to gain momentum! (not the torture, but the coverups of said torture)

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 2 weeks later...

They actually dared to suggest we tortured ourselves to make the police look bad?! .... if such a ludicrous claim stands only Jesus can put it right.  Let us wait and see what the international community decides.  If there is no justice from man, it will come from the Most High in his good time.

Thank you brother bek for the translation!!!

Edited by sunshine

9 minutes ago, navco said:

https://www.google.com/amp/tass.com/society/1054257/amp this has to be demonic influence.

I have heard that the Finns are not very happy about an influx of Russian-speaking JWs. The reasons can be political, as Finland is afraid of potential FSB infiltrators under the disguise of refugees. FSB officers can stir up trouble later. 

Finland and Russia have had difficult colonial master/slave relations. 

Plus, Russia could also be using a few asylum rejections for propaganda purposes to portray itself as "a safe country". 

This is just my opinion. 

Edited by Bek

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 7:39 PM, Bek said:

I have heard that the Finns are not very happy about an influx of Russian-speaking JWs. The reasons can be political, as Finland is afraid of potential FSB infiltrators under the disguise of refugees. FSB officers can stir up trouble later. 

Finland and Russia have had difficult colonial master/slave relations. 

Plus, Russia could also be using a few asylum rejections for propaganda purposes to portray itself as "a safe country". 

This is just my opinion. 

There is a chace for that, even the russians infiltrated us by faking as interested in Bible and even studied bible to let us down.

They will do anything to move forward with their agenda. 

“Just as you want men to do to you, do the same way to them.”

:backflip: Luke 6:31:backflip:                                               

2 hours ago, Benjamine said:

There is a chace for that, even the russians infiltrated us by faking as interested in Bible and even studied bible to let us down.

They will do anything to move forward with their agenda. 

I wonder if any agents legitmately believed or became serious about baptism though they had an original agenda.

In the recent video on JW Broadcasting it said Brother Christensen was arrested immediately during the raid that happened during a meeting but I didn’t catch why they zeroed in on him exclusively- does anyone know?

56 minutes ago, Cheeks said:

In the recent video on JW Broadcasting it said Brother Christensen was arrested immediately during the raid that happened during a meeting but I didn’t catch why they zeroed in on him exclusively- does anyone know?

Probably because he was the loudest and with an accent. You can see him in the full video of that raid boldly trying to reason with the fsb. They don't like that kind of attitude. 

2 hours ago, Bek said:

Probably because he was the loudest and with an accent. You can see him in the full video of that raid boldly trying to reason with the fsb. They don't like that kind of attitude. 

So arrest and detention of Dennis could be avoided?

Edited by JennyM

wrong grammar

9 minutes ago, JennyM said:

So arrest and detention of Dennis could be avoided?

I don't know. Maybe. He would probably have been deported as a foreigner if he had not acted in a way that may have been perceived as resisting and challenging the FSB's authority. 

I know for a fact that when you resist Russian security services, they double their pressure on you. They are used to being feared and obeyed implicitly. The FSB is in many ways like an organised crime group, but much more dangerous, because they run the whole country and have many resources at their disposal. 

6 hours ago, Bek said:

I don't know. Maybe. He would probably have been deported as a foreigner if he had not acted in a way that may have been perceived as resisting and challenging the FSB's authority. 

I know for a fact that when you resist Russian security services, they double their pressure on you. They are used to being feared and obeyed implicitly. The FSB is in many ways like an organised crime group, but much more dangerous, because they run the whole country and have many resources at their disposal. 

.Hmmmm. When Jesus was arrested, he remained calm. 

4 minutes ago, JennyM said:

.Hmmmm. When Jesus was arrested, he remained calm. 

Don't know what you're getting at. I watched the video of Dennis getting arrested. He remained calm. Just respectfully speaking about your rights isn't resisting arrest. They are looking for reasons. Remember the sister who had explosives at her house? Turned out they belonged to her unbelieving husband and were relics of World War 2. The brothers in Sorgut supposedly tortured themselves. Don't buy into the satanic propaganda Russia is spewing at the moment.

7 hours ago, Bek said:

47 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

Don't know what you're getting at.

well Jehovah is in control anywhere.. Regardless of Dennis reaction.. its a fact. 

2 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Don't know what you're getting at. I watched the video of Dennis getting arrested. He remained calm. Just respectfully speaking about your rights isn't resisting arrest.....Don't buy into the satanic propaganda Russia is spewing at the moment.

It is not coming from Russia. It is my personal opinion. As someone who knows the mentality, the values etc in the region, I looked at Dennis and his boldness and his body language appeared a bit too assertive and even more so for a foreigner who also happens to be a member of a "US cult".  

The fact is there are no rights in Russia. Even other non‐JW locals are treated as a little more than cattle. I don't think westerners can even begin to understand how different the realities are on the ground. Plus, the political and economic climates have been deteriorating since 2014. 

I believe that with their rightwing politics, the US and some EU countries are slowly moving in the same direction. Probably, things will soon not be very different between Russia and the West. These are again my personal observations. 

Edited by Bek

18 hours ago, Bek said:

He asked for an interpreter.... and that was the last drop.....

"Absolute rubbish”

On 5/18/2019 at 9:22 AM, EccentricM said:

I wonder if any agents legitmately believed or became serious about baptism though they had an original agenda.

Yes. There was a video years ago about JWs in Soviet times and there was an interview of one of our brothers who was sent in to the congregation as an agent, but became a real brother with the time. 

https://wol.jw.org/ru/wol/dsync/r2/lp-u/r1/lp-e/1200276770#h=1

"Absolute rubbish”