JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Torture of JWs in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1789 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

From our CO's visit this week:

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon formed against you will have any success, 

And you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment.

This is the heritage* of the servants of Jehovah, 

And their righteousness is from me,” declares Jehovah.

Psalm 7: 15, 16

He excavates a pit and digs it deep, But he falls into the very hole he made.

The trouble he causes will return on his own head; 

His violence will fall on the crown of his head. 

.........Soon please Jehovah

46 minutes ago, retroHelen said:

You always think you will or won't do things under duress, but none of us can know - look at faithful Peter! Brother can hopefully take comfort that Jesus knew Peter's heart and forgave him. Likely the Inquisition/Investigators' spy networks already know who/where the brothers are anyway and are just trying to break people's faith by being nasty scary bullies.

The difference is, Peter got frightened from the mere insecurity of what might happen if he were identified with Jesus. And yet he was swiftly forgiven because he felt such remorse for it.

This Brother was tortured. I personally don't know what we're discussing here.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:23 PM, Wren said:

From our CO's visit this week:

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon formed against you will have any success, 

And you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment.

This is the heritage* of the servants of Jehovah, 

And their righteousness is from me,” declares Jehovah.

Psalm 7: 15, 16

He excavates a pit and digs it deep, But he falls into the very hole he made.

The trouble he causes will return on his own head; 

His violence will fall on the crown of his head. 

.........Soon please Jehovah

You're not alone sister.. I wish the same.....

It could be too that they are using the media to twist the wording and try to scare others into "submission" to their wishes... They may think that if they say one person was scared enough they give in, then the majority will follow suit... And even if the brother did fall short from fear (hopefully IF it's true, no one will get hurt by the given names) but there could still be time for him to seek forgiveness and rectify the situation, perhaps by his publicly expressing that he IS one of Jehovah's people.

<The difference between Peter and Judas - Peter was sincerely sorry for his actions because he loved Jehovah and Jesus so he began seeking forgiveness. Judas however felt bad because he got caught. He didn't try to seek forgiveness, but rather began seeking a way out knowing what he had done.> 

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

2 hours ago, EccentricM said:

http://euromaidanpress.com/2019/01/30/persecution-of-jehovahs-witnesses-continues-in-russia-despite-putins-statements/

The government is even sponsoring hate groups and youth clubs against JWs now.

The good thing is that a majority of Russians are now sympathetic towards JWs. I read comments on various sites and most condemn the witch hunt against our brothers. 

New‐York‐based privately‐owned Russian RTVI TV network has published an interview with a brother, Igor Trifonov, who has been detained by the Russian FSB for 9 hours and told to renounce his faith or face longer detention at a remand center where he was told he would be "raped". 

The brother refused to comply and was sacked from his job as a fire fighter at the Russian Emergencies Ministry.

He was told his family would suffer if he did not do as told. He firmly said he was ready to suffer for his faith just like our Lord Jesus. 

You can see the interview both in the form of a video and text at the link below in Russian:

https://rtvi.com/broadcast/intervyu-pozharnogo-iz-obshchiny-svideteley-iegovy-kotorogo-uvolili-iz-za-ugolovnogo-dela/

Amazingly, he looks calm and confident in God. I think we need to pray for this brother and his family. I am glad that he has this kind of strong attitude, but feel sorry for his wife and three kids. 

Edited by Bek

This is a bit off-topic but I thought it might be good to mention. A sister sent my wife today a video of Putin speaking in Russian. The video was subtitled and it said Jehovah's Witnesses need to go to jail because they are extremists for not accepting military service and several other things.

I always distrust this kind of videos. Besides, although I know no Russian at all, the subtitles mentioned Jehovah's Witnesses several times but I didn't hear Putin say "iegova". So we asked a Russian friend to translate it, and he confirmed the subtitles didn't have anything to do with what Putin was saying. It was a conference about economy and commerce.

I wonder who prepares this kind of fake videos for Witnesses. Either they are well-intentioned but rather stupid brothers who don't realize the harm they can do, or they are our enemies trying to create problems for us. True Christians never need to resort to fake news. Please if you receive a video like that don't spread it forward.

7 hours ago, carlos said:

This is a bit off-topic but I thought it might be good to mention. A sister sent my wife today a video of Putin speaking in Russian. The video was subtitled and it said Jehovah's Witnesses need to go to jail because they are extremists for not accepting military service and several other things.

I always distrust this kind of videos. Besides, although I know no Russian at all, the subtitles mentioned Jehovah's Witnesses several times but I didn't hear Putin say "iegova". So we asked a Russian friend to translate it, and he confirmed the subtitles didn't have anything to do with what Putin was saying. It was a conference about economy and commerce.

I wonder who prepares this kind of fake videos for Witnesses. Either they are well-intentioned but rather stupid brothers who don't realize the harm they can do, or they are our enemies trying to create problems for us. True Christians never need to resort to fake news. Please if you receive a video like that don't spread it forward.

I also received a video from a brother about pope francis whos speaking in italian saying that  people should read the bible especiall revelation and daniel...

I told the brother that  we don't understand italian so I doubt about the video..