JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Torture of JWs in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1768 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

There is something brewing with the harassment and torture of the brothers and sisters in Russia

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

We have to be ready.. Bro sanderson says that King of the North has entered the land of decoration so no wonder if his attacks will be expanded to other lands. 

Can you even begin to imagine the relationship Brother Christensen has with Jehovah??!!!! I think his face in that picture says it all - his Father is definitely looking after him and all our faithful brothers and sisters in Russia, Eritrea and Venezula.  In one of our recent video's a sister from Mozambique says "love banishes fear" "where there is love, there is no fear".  It's obvious from the look on Brother Christensen's face as well as the actions of our other brothers and sisters who are suffering, that this is true! Despite their hardships, they are so resolute in their determination to prove Satan a rotten, lousy liar and filthy coward and Jehovah as the rightful Sovereign of the Universe! I can only imagine how precious and special these ones are in Jehovah's eyes, just as Daniel was!  Satan can take everything else away from them except the one thing that truly keeps them "alive" no matter what happens - their love for Jehovah. (Rom. 8:38, 39) No matter where they are or what is being done to them, they can call on Jehovah for help to endure - Satan can't stop that.  Even if we were rendered blind, deaf and mute, he couldn't stop it.  

You'd think Russia would learn from past history, that when you persecute or try to wipe out Jehovah's people, it only makes them sink their feet in deeper and we come out with more Witnesses than we went in with in the first place! All they will end up doing is increasing our numbers over there.

Edited by shali

Add scripture

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

56 minutes ago, shali said:

Can you even begin to imagine the relationship Brother Christensen has with Jehovah??!!!! I think his face in that picture says it all - his Father is definitely looking after him and all our faithful brothers and sisters in Russia, Eritrea and Venezula.  In one of our recent video's a sister from Mozambique says "love banishes fear" "where there is love, there is no fear".  It's obvious from the look on Brother Christensen's face as well as the actions of our other brothers and sisters who are suffering, that this is true! Despite their hardships, they are so resolute in their determination to prove Satan a rotten, lousy liar and filthy coward and Jehovah as the rightful Sovereign of the Universe! I can only imagine how precious and special these ones are in Jehovah's eyes, just as Daniel was!  Satan can take everything else away from them except the one thing that truly keeps them "alive" no matter what happens - their love for Jehovah. (Rom. 8:38, 39) No matter where they are or what is being done to them, they can call on Jehovah for help to endure - Satan can't stop that.  Even if we were rendered blind, deaf and mute, he couldn't stop it.  

You'd think Russia would learn from past history, that when you persecute or try to wipe out Jehovah's people, it only makes them sink their feet in deeper and we come out with more Witnesses than we went in with in the first place! All they will end up doing is increasing our numbers over there.

He has to give encouragement to Russian bro and sis in the court too. 

Sometimes it easier to fight frontal attack than subtle attack.. 

In the talk, brothers in Germany remained faithful in concentration camps. But few fell into materialism and immorality afterwards. 

11 hours ago, JennyM said:

He has to give encouragement to Russian bro and sis in the court too. 

Sometimes it easier to fight frontal attack than subtle attack.. 

In the talk, brothers in Germany remained faithful in concentration camps. But few fell into materialism and immorality afterwards. 

Yes, I have heard that many brothers and sisters in countries dealing with persecution pray for those of us in affluent areas because the numbers getting disfellowshipped due to immorality and pursuit of other pleasures is so much higher than many other places. Personally, I am so grateful for their prayers.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

3 hours ago, shali said:

Yes, I have heard that many brothers and sisters in countries dealing with persecution pray for those of us in affluent areas because the numbers getting disfellowshipped due to immorality and pursuit of other pleasures is so much higher than many other places. Personally, I am so grateful for their prayers.

I think subtle attack  is more dangerous than frontal attack or both...  For example, all Israelites were saved in the red sea.. But 3,000 men  fell into immorality in the plain of Moab. 

Our bro and sis in Russia are ready during the great tribulation..

But people in affluent countries are bombarded by materialism everyday.. 

19 hours ago, shali said:

You'd think Russia would learn from past history, that when you persecute or try to wipe out Jehovah's people, it only makes them sink their feet in deeper and we come out with more Witnesses than we went in with in the first place!

I don't think anybody sees that connection, because they see things in a too mundane view.

On 2/28/2019 at 1:11 AM, carlos said:

This is a bit off-topic but I thought it might be good to mention. A sister sent my wife today a video of Putin speaking in Russian. The video was subtitled and it said Jehovah's Witnesses need to go to jail because they are extremists for not accepting military service and several other things.

I always distrust this kind of videos. Besides, although I know no Russian at all, the subtitles mentioned Jehovah's Witnesses several times but I didn't hear Putin say "iegova". So we asked a Russian friend to translate it, and he confirmed the subtitles didn't have anything to do with what Putin was saying. It was a conference about economy and commerce.

I wonder who prepares this kind of fake videos for Witnesses. Either they are well-intentioned but rather stupid brothers who don't realize the harm they can do, or they are our enemies trying to create problems for us. True Christians never need to resort to fake news. Please if you receive a video like that don't spread it forward.

Thank you Carlos,

I really believe that kind of thing is of apostate origin, Jehovah's people do not lie.  Enemies will I believe use fake news against us, all the more reason for relying on JW news outlets.

We had the CO’s visit this week. He said that, historically, when Jehovah’s people are persecuted, that they are really helped by Jehovah, in Those  countries. He named some of them. And he said that, undoubtedly we will get the same sort of reports from Russia. Special help from our Father. We need to continue to pray for them, and use the integrity shown by them as an example when things start to roll in this country. Or whatever country you are living in right now, with relative freedom. It’s coming, and it is a grand opportunity to show our support for all that Jehovah has done for us, and will do for us.

His final talk was on endurance. And how we can do that with joy. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

7 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

Still no mention on German language jw.org, although the article is already available in other languages like French.

Why would they be keeping us oblivious to this fact?

What are you implying?

Have you checked other languages?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

What are you implying?

I'm not implying anything I'm asking a question. If you read my comment, yes, it is available for example in French.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

What are you implying?

Article available in most European languages, including Spanish, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Swedish and French.

It just kind of bothers me every time I speak to somebody about it they have no clue what I'm talking about and even question my sources....

EDIT: I just wondered since maybe the title topic of the German newsroom is about a holocaust memorial exhibition in Munich, maybe they don't want to side-track from that. Or maybe they don't want people to think they are making a connection there, even if there is one. Or maybe they just don't want the remnant of concentration camp survivors to fear having to go through that again... I'd just really like to know why.

Edited by ChocoBro

5 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Article available in most European languages, including Spanish, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Swedish and French.

It just kind of bothers me every time I speak to somebody about it they have no clue what I'm talking about and even question my sources....

EDIT: I just wondered since maybe the title topic of the German newsroom is about a holocaust memorial exhibition in Munich, maybe they don't want to side-track from that. Or maybe they don't want people to think they are making a connection there, even if there is one. Or maybe they just don't want the remnant of concentration camp survivors to fear having to go through that again... I'd just really like to know why.

Be patient my brother, 

Now would be a good time to mediate  in how to keep calm and have complete confidence in the brothers.   They are neither negligent or lazy so we can be sure, if there is nothing on the Germany site they have their reasons, whether those reasons be on a local international or global level.  We are in training now, its these little irritations we must use as stepping stones to be in shape for the greater tests ahead when we will not have all the jnformation we would like, at the moment we want it ....

Edited by sunshine

3 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Thanks, posted three times for emphasis!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The Radio Liberty has also published a video of interviews with some new brothers about the torture in Surgut. The report is the most watched item on the website at the moment. It looks like the world is watching. 

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-jehovahs-witnesses/29805032.html

Since the news of the torture broke, some Russian religious and rights activists have held a few one-man protests in front of the FSB HQ in Moscow against the persecution and torture of JWs. 

anti-torture-protest.thumb.jpg.1ca8516e24128eccb483bf12b0187231.jpg

The protest sign on the left reads: "end torture and persecution of JWs". The one on the right: "To FSB officers: torture in Russia carries a criminal punishment under Article 286.117 of the Russian criminal code from 3 to 10 years in prison". 

Here is the report on the topic: https://bit.ly/2TDUnvc

Edited by Bek

On 2/23/2019 at 1:59 AM, Bek said:

Radio Liberty has published a new report on the torture of JWs in Russia. 

'Time Becomes A Blur When You're Experiencing Terrible Pain': Russian Jehovah's Witness Alleges Police Torture

https://www.rferl.org/a/time-becomes-a-blur-when-youre-experiencing-terrible-pain--russian-jehovah-s-witness-alleges-police-torture/29785721.html

It says that a brother confessed under torture to something he was not and revealed the identities of other JWs. 

What are your thoughts on this? 

I just read this yesterday. I hope this isn’t true. If it is I can only imagine how this brother’s conscience must feel. He may regret this for the rest of his life. I feel sorry for him. I’m not judging him but at the same time this is why it’s so important to rely on Jehovah by praying for the strength to endure such things and working in harmony with your prayers. 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:48 PM, Allabord4Jah said:

I heard this live on the radio while taking a break from field service. I was disappointed to hear them say “Witnesses do not recognize any authority but God, governments especially.” That’s not true. I hope some brothers and sisters called in and told them.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.