JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mueller Report -

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1785 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think Satan arranged for this to be released today. The day before the Memorial. It’s blasting in my ears. (DH) and, I had to go outside to read the text, the Bible reading, and talk to Jehovah. 

I told my husband it is jangling my nerves. He said he’d turn it off after breakfast...

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I listen to a lot of NPR news through the day.  Occasionally I'll switch to music for the day when the politics becomes too much.  Today has been a music day.  I've got no desire to listen to the talking heads discuss ad nauseam the Mueller Report.

Edited by Shawnster

After reading about young children being sexually abused yesterday, I can't bear any more news right now, so I won't be investigating this topic, but out of curiosity, what is it? Is this the stuff about Russia interfering in the election and Trump doing something? If so, Trump's term could be over soon, so????

24 minutes ago, Saffron said:

After reading about young children being sexually abused yesterday, I can't bear any more news right now, so I won't be investigating this topic, but out of curiosity, what is it? Is this the stuff about Russia interfering in the election and Trump doing something? If so, Trump's term could be over soon, so????

It’s just politics, sister. It will work itself out, then Jehovah will sweep it into oblivion. 

I’m forced to hear it, and, I tell you, this world is in a mess, and, I do believe worse then we know. But, what we know, is, “worse” then they know. Whose in charge, as they follow along. 

And, if they don’t change their ways, off to the Lake of Fire. 

That will be it. 

At last. 

33 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Yes.  Mueller investigated whether the Russians colluded with the Trump campaign during the 2016 election.  A redacted or abbreviated result of his findings were released to Congress and the public today.

So are they mostly worried about Russia or worried about Trump? And if it's Trump, his term is almost over, so why do they care so much about this? 

I'm sure this investigation is expensive. Surely there are better things to do with this money. (Hope I am not violating neutrality here)

Trump can be reelected, so he could have a 2nd term. 

Regardless, the concern was whether a crime was committed by the man now serving as President.  It was viewed as a matter of justice and that lawbreakers should be brought to justice. 

The findings of the report are the investigation are there is no evidence of collusion and that the results are inconclusive. 

I understand how "we" don't care... But I "love" the pushing and shoving between King of the North and the King of the South... The Slave now has Russia meddling in the US 2016 election to add to the pushing and shoving! Stay tuned! 2020 might be an interesting year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

This is getting uglier. Are Barr's day numbered:

Mueller Objected to Barr’s Description of Russia Investigation’s Findings on Trump

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/30/us/politics/mueller-barr.html

April 30, 2019

WASHINGTON — Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, wrote a letter in late March to Attorney General William P. Barr objecting to his early description of the Russia investigation’s conclusions that appeared to clear President Trump on possible obstruction of justice, according to the Justice Department and three people with direct knowledge of the communication between the two men.

The letter adds to the growing evidence of a rift between them and is another sign of the anger among the special counsel’s investigators about Mr. Barr’s characterization of their findings, which allowed Mr. Trump to wrongly claim he had been vindicated.

It was unclear what specific objections Mr. Mueller raised in his letter, though a Justice Department spokeswoman said on Tuesday evening that he “expressed a frustration over the lack of context” in Mr. Barr’s presentation of his findings on obstruction of justice. Mr. Barr defended his descriptions of the investigation’s conclusions in conversations with Mr. Mueller over the days after he sent the letter, according to two people with knowledge of their discussions....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

On 4/18/2019 at 1:39 PM, Shawnster said:

It was viewed as a matter of justice and that lawbreakers should be brought to justice. 

But only when the lawbreakers are 'them'  and not  'us'.

• 4 weeks later...

My husband got his own personal copy of that report. Yep. And, since I am the only other human living in this house, he has to share the more outrageous parts. With, you know who...

This world has gone ker-plunk. This country is no different. 

It’s  laying there, gasping for breathe. Jehovah, Jesus, and the 144,000 will put it out of its misery. We just have to live through the dying throes, pulling out potential survivors.