JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1216 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Bluebell said:

plus  "The government's plan to end EU citizens' right to live and work in the UK straight after a no-deal Brexit "

that's made me think that I should apply for British citizenship, even I have the right of permanent residence

but with a government who is changing the laws from one day to another I want to be on the safe side....just in case...

I'm English, I've lived in Ireland for the past 25 years... there's a lot of worry here that all the ex pats will be sent back! 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would check out the new “Get ready for Brexit” website.

Looking good!

0AC86E53-0871-4BED-A851-2282CAB8BBEE.jpeg.63a8e570b62980f5baea2859395b9a59.jpeg

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

On 8/20/2019 at 9:46 PM, anniebea said:

I'm English, I've lived in Ireland for the past 25 years... there's a lot of worry here that all the ex pats will be sent back! 

Fuelled by the media.. It has been 2 years that they been talking and putting fears on people about the  Brexit. 

1 minute ago, JennyM said:

Fuelled by the media.. It has been 2 years that they been talking and putting fears on people about the  Brexit. 

We are JW’s first of all and then British citizens. We don’t  need to fear of the political changes in our country. We depend on Jehovah and His kingdom not on the Brexit. (Comp. Rom. 8:38,39). 

On 5/11/2019 at 9:55 PM, Dismal_Bliss said:

Shhhh! I keep my speculations to myself, lol. (okay, not really).

For the last several years, several brothers and sisters are saying that Trump is the armageddon president, and I have been in disagreement, saying that the radical leftist that replaces him will be the armageddon president. Why? Because the Republicans depend on the religious right for the majority of its voter base, and they will not shoot themselves in the foot by destroying false religion. They would doom their party to never get elected again. On the other hand, the left hates religion and has been advocating its demise for decades, and their propaganda to this effect is getting stronger and stronger today. Jehovah uses the UN to execute this judgment, but Trump defies the UN, having removed the USA from several committees and programs. He isn't taking orders from anybody.

When the left wins, it will be with a radical. The idea will be to undo all the "damage" (in their view) that Trump has done, in the same manner that Trump tried to undo all the "damage" (in their view) that Obama had done. This leftist will realign itself with the UN. When Jehovah chooses to use the UN to destroy religion, the USA will be in full support, because the left hates religion anyway.

With everything else going on in the world (apathy, KOTN, Brexit, transgender nonsense, and on and on and on) I do believe we are on the cusp. I get the same vibe from the faithful slave. So if Trump loses in 2020 to the left, then I speculate the end to occur between 2021 and 2029 (allowing room for an 8 year term). If Trump wins in 2020 (which seems likely, but I live in hillbilly country) then the end will come when the left takes over between 2025 and 2033 (allowing for an 8 year term).

I think it's in harmony with the general feeling that it's almost showtime.

Dear @Dismalbliss I really agree with you that the signs are obvious that we are close. And I also understand that your speculations are your personal thoughts even me personally have a lot of speculation about how the events would pan out. No offense please I strongly disagree with putting such speculations on forums like this and even going further to speculate dates. You might feel well it is just a speculation but some friends might take it very literal. Remember 1975 hurt a lot of friends and stumbled some to the extent they could not recover. Only Jehovah and presently Jesus knows the day. Let us just keep on the watch it is Jehovah who puts it in their minds not us. Love you brother 👍

Also don't forget it doesn't matter who is in power or what party members that like or dislike religion! It just doesn't matter because Jehovah has a set date when it will occur, it is going to be as the "keep on the watch" brochure put it 'Shocking unforseen not unexpected'. So there is no use in calculating which president or prime minister is in power it is a total waste of time speculating, which so many enthusiastic brothers and sisters have done so in the past. REV 17:16,17 Remember the scripture says the 10 Kings and the wild beast will have one thought, that one thought is what Jehovah puts in to there minds and hearts to carry out his will to destroy false religion. So it doesn't matter who it is Jehovah can change there thoughts to do his will.

If a hard line Brexit does go ahead, prophetically, if any meaning (apart from the feet of the statue of Daniel) what will the outcome contribute towards? We know the UK will be much closer to the US. Will it be a cry of peace and security? Trying to guess if it all ends up in an economic mess. Will Brexit, Hong Kong, the trade war mean a crash in the world economy thus triggering the cry of peace and security?

Actually, speaking of the scripture re the cry of peace and security is 'they' the same persons as instant destruction will be upon 'them?' Religious persons?

I agree with much that is said above, but I wouldn't speculate any years on it publicly either. Even when atheist communists were in power in many lands they couldn't stop religion really.

Britain seems to be similar to USA in that it too has a - radical left liberals/anti-religion, but they are not as strong and united. Despite trying to bring down our government over Brexit, they are not very favoured because their own policies are not clearly set out.Merely undermining the government and critics in their own party at every turn has not been good for them as they have been caught out on certain issues contradicting themselves - voting one way against government and then the other way against government on the same issue or no match between words/deeds or what their constituents voted for and been seen as merely nuisances by even the left leaning media at times and done themselves no favours. Even the Conservatives are divided and some have split away. There are now many opposition parties to this government over Brexit, this has diffused the clear left - right divide. Hard to tell what would happen if a General Election is called, as to what would transpire?? 

There are still many faith strong countries around the world, even if they aren't all Christian - strong radical sects of Moslems and Buddhists/Hindus rule large areas of the earth, so it would take more than just America to make a difference. It has to be a worldwide idea set off by an International coalition, which we believe needs to be a stronger UN than it is now.

Also, the fall of Babylon the Great and all after it, would seem to come unexpected by even us. We just have to follow the 'being prepared/ready and watchful' instructions and keep neutral. But no harm in seeing/discussing World trends shaping up to interesting developments. Shows we are keen for the rulership that really matters.

Edited by retroHelen

There again, Mr Trump may seem to represent a party with a majority religious vote, but I see that his patriotism/State; flag; country and military elevation has become more important than religion.

I could foresee that people are told that organised religion has to stop interfering in politics and World security, but they may be allowed to have a private faith - not attending any organised church, and not to interfere with these Nationalistic goals, which could tally with what a UN may require to deny religions  their powerful interference in politics.

The radical left, like over here in Britain, don't seem to care as much about Nationalism/patriotism and being a 'Great Country' as they are more globalist liberal and that in the past has lowered their country's powerful influence in the World. China was fast becoming a World power, but new USA policies have raised it up to oppose those big communist powers, just as the Bible predicted, so it may not be a liberal globalist party that accomplishes that 'one thought' to deny religion it's influence??

1 hour ago, retroHelen said:

Also, the fall of Babylon the Great and all after it, would seem to come unexpected by even us. We just have to follow the 'being prepared/ready and watchful' instructions and keep neutral. But no harm in seeing/discussing World trends shaping up to interesting developments. Shows we are keen for the rulership that really matters.

The “coming unexpected” could easily come right now. Due to the church and mosque bombings and shootings the UN is doing the literal opposite of getting rid of religion. They just had the paying respects to religious victims of violence day in August. They reprimanded Sri Lanka for their strict laws against religious minorities. They keep talking about plans and declarations to protect places of worship and people of belief discrimination. I think it’d be quite unexpected for them to suddenly do a 180 of their current strongly held plans.

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

On 9/3/2019 at 3:11 AM, Avuhe said:

No offense please I strongly disagree with putting such speculations on forums like this and even going further to speculate dates. You might feel well it is just a speculation but some friends might take it very literal

Well, I did properly label them "speculations" and I am not the faithful slave. I also didn't set a specific date. I won't mind if I am wrong and I will still be part of this wonderful organization even if those range of years pass by. My faith doesn't rest on a date. Neither should anyone else's.

On 9/3/2019 at 7:37 AM, Godskingdomrules said:

Remember the scripture says the 10 Kings and the wild beast will have one thought, that one thought is what Jehovah puts in to there minds and hearts to carry out his will to destroy false religion. So it doesn't matter who it is Jehovah can change there thoughts to do his will.

This is correct, and is the one wild card that can totally trump my guesses on how I think things are gonna go down :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 1 month later...

Mrs May, the previous Prime Minister, secured a new deal with EU, but back in the British Parliament, not enough people voted for it, too many opposed it, so it was dead/useless.

Even though British people voted, by small majority, to come out, politicians are saying that they did not have enough information as to how complicated it would be to leave, so many of them are against it, demanding another referendum. No agreement at present and Mr Johnson does not want another extension of the time to decide.

He needs 320 votes of support for the deal and so far we are only hearing of opposition from Northern Ireland, Scotland and 3 other political parties.

• 3 months later...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-vote-deal-boris-johnson-european-parliament-result-latest-a9308631.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1580319678

The European Parliament gives its final approval to Britain’s divorce deal from the bloc, paving the way for #Brexit to take place on Friday. https://reut.rs/37DE7hI

Edited by My little flower

This will be interesting. I wait to see what happens.

The British have been particularly hamstrung on fisheries policy. I have seen trawlers come back to our port empty. Reason is because 30 years ago Mrs Thatcher had to negotiate an agreement because EU fishermen from various countries, felt every right to fish in what Britain called "their waters". This allowed trawlers in the EU to fish our waters earlier in the year, then leave and let just British trawlers fish later.

Disaster ensued as EU sent not trawlers but enormous ships - known as Godzilla's early in the year that sent booms of miles of nets out in the seas and then hoovered up thousands of  fish or using radar to find shoals and hoover them up on an industrial scale before the British season came round, leaving nothing much for British trawlers. Now the Navy may be allowed to pursue Godzilla's and possibly fire across their bows or worse. The seas have been emptied and fishing has diminished and sea creatures who lived off the fish have diminished and seabirds on our coasts are moving inland searching for food and laws are enacted to stop people feeling sorry for them and feeding them and they are culled through the night every year.

We have been encouraged to 'buy and eat British' to cover the shortfall from livestock no longer being shipped to EU, but also pressured to eat less livestock altogether because of 'climate change'. Farmers worry they will go bankrupt and thousands of livestock will be killed and not replaced. The British countryside will change as sheep range the mountains/fells and keep the scrubland clean or it will all become unyielding thickets. Sheep are already an uneconomic livelihood and that will worsen.

We have got used to eating many EU foods and wines, we may revert back to the narrow diet we had when I was a child, before Britain was so allied to EU.

Hospitals are at breaking point now, but are concerned they will lose many drugs & medical equipment because of tariffs as they pass through/come from EU.

Ex-pats and students abroad are worried about their status and people from EU working here are concerned.

On the other side, Newspapers reported of the corruption and wasted expenditure of EU bureacracy; the 'gravy train' of MEP 's Britain was paying for without gaining much benefit. We often had street surveys asking if we knew our local MEP's and hardly anyone knew their representative in the EU as they didn't seem to do anything for them.

Then there were reports about other countries economic meltdown/recessions and how Britain was bailing them out , then being told to accept more immigrants or bail out new poorer members. Many here were told that the country would benefit from the wasted millions of Euros/£s sent to EU being spent at home rather than propping up other countries that didn't have the infrastructure to ever sort themselves out to be less dependent. Many newspapers kept reporting how much UK was following difficult EU laws and directives and contributions, while other countries flouted them/wouldn't/couldn't fulfill their obligations and weren't called to task. Resentment was building as austerity hit UK .

People have become so polarized on both sides for good reasons in their eyes.

We watch and keep to our own message for something completely different, bigger and better than all of it.

15 hours ago, retroHelen said:

This will be interesting. I wait to see what happens.

The British have been particularly hamstrung on fisheries policy. I have seen trawlers come back to our port empty. Reason is because 30 years ago Mrs Thatcher had to negotiate an agreement because EU fishermen from various countries, felt every right to fish in what Britain called "their waters". This allowed trawlers in the EU to fish our waters earlier in the year, then leave and let just British trawlers fish later.

Disaster ensued as EU sent not trawlers but enormous ships - known as Godzilla's early in the year that sent booms of miles of nets out in the seas and then hoovered up thousands of  fish or using radar to find shoals and hoover them up on an industrial scale before the British season came round, leaving nothing much for British trawlers. Now the Navy may be allowed to pursue Godzilla's and possibly fire across their bows or worse. The seas have been emptied and fishing has diminished and sea creatures who lived off the fish have diminished and seabirds on our coasts are moving inland searching for food and laws are enacted to stop people feeling sorry for them and feeding them and they are culled through the night every year.

We have been encouraged to 'buy and eat British' to cover the shortfall from livestock no longer being shipped to EU, but also pressured to eat less livestock altogether because of 'climate change'. Farmers worry they will go bankrupt and thousands of livestock will be killed and not replaced. The British countryside will change as sheep range the mountains/fells and keep the scrubland clean or it will all become unyielding thickets. Sheep are already an uneconomic livelihood and that will worsen.

We have got used to eating many EU foods and wines, we may revert back to the narrow diet we had when I was a child, before Britain was so allied to EU.

Hospitals are at breaking point now, but are concerned they will lose many drugs & medical equipment because of tariffs as they pass through/come from EU.

Ex-pats and students abroad are worried about their status and people from EU working here are concerned.

On the other side, Newspapers reported of the corruption and wasted expenditure of EU bureacracy; the 'gravy train' of MEP 's Britain was paying for without gaining much benefit. We often had street surveys asking if we knew our local MEP's and hardly anyone knew their representative in the EU as they didn't seem to do anything for them.

Then there were reports about other countries economic meltdown/recessions and how Britain was bailing them out , then being told to accept more immigrants or bail out new poorer members. Many here were told that the country would benefit from the wasted millions of Euros/£s sent to EU being spent at home rather than propping up other countries that didn't have the infrastructure to ever sort themselves out to be less dependent. Many newspapers kept reporting how much UK was following difficult EU laws and directives and contributions, while other countries flouted them/wouldn't/couldn't fulfill their obligations and weren't called to task. Resentment was building as austerity hit UK .

People have become so polarized on both sides for good reasons in their eyes.

We watch and keep to our own message for something completely different, bigger and better than all of it.

storm is coming but we focus on kingdom blessings. 

9 hours ago, navco said:

Since united states and UK are the Anglo world power I wonder if they will leave the EU and draw even closer to the United States in some way economically or whatever

Yeah, the U.S already has a trade deal ready to go with the UK. It will be very interesting to see how it all develops. 

You can see how easy it will be to turn on us when the time comes

That shows serious hatred!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-51341735

"Happy Brexit Day" notices telling residents "we do not tolerate" people speaking languages other than English have been posted at a block of flats.

Notice

Edited by Bluebell

10 hours ago, Bluebell said:

"Happy Brexit Day" notices telling residents "we do not tolerate" people speaking languages other than English have been posted at a block of flats.

Notice

I also saw that on the news today & I got a tad annoyed at the racist tone! After all isn’t that how the Holocaust came about! 😡

17 hours ago, Bluebell said:

Notice

So, who is 'we' and 'our' ?  The morons that drafted this rubbish ?

'You infected this once great island".  That's nationalism for you.