JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1218 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

What is the general feeling in London, UK at the moment with Brexit? What has been the response to the preaching work? 

Do you think, that just like Trump, Farage or Johnson will be the next UK Prime Minister? Please note that I am NOT voicing a political preference. This statement is merely in reference to fulfilment of the King of the South. I can only imagine that what happened in the US with Trump is what would need to happen in the UK - a different PM who thinks in the opposite direction of current leaders. Someone who clicks with Trump for whatever Jehovah has planned?

Currently, it seems that for a man Farage who was laughed at and mocked for nearly 20 years (saying that the UK should leave the EU) has now created a Brexit party and is gathering a lot of support ahead of the EU elections - due to the way May and etc have handled Brexit. Could this all be part of Jehovah moving events to position the last UK PM before the end?

10 hours ago, GraceH said:

Could this all be part of Jehovah moving events to position the last UK PM before the end?

This is a good question for a spiritual discussion.  

Brexit is one of the most obvious fulfillment's of Daniel'ls prophecy about the dream statue with the feet of iron and clay.

*** ws12 6/15 pp. 16-17 par. 9 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place” ***
9 For a long time, Jehovah’s servants have wanted to understand what the feet of the image mean. Daniel 2:41 shows that the feet made of iron mixed with clay are one “kingdom,” not many. So we can understand that the clay means that something in the Anglo-American World Power makes it weaker than the Roman Empire, which was described as legs made of solid iron. Daniel’s prophecy says that the clay means “the offspring of mankind,” or the common people. (Daniel 2:43) People have weakened the Anglo-American World Power when they have fought to have civil rights, to have more rights at their workplace, and even to become independent nations. The common people make it difficult for this world power to be strong like iron. People have different political ideas. And when a leader wins an election by only a few votes, he does not have enough authority to do what he promised to do. Daniel said: “The kingdom will partly prove to be strong and will partly prove to be fragile.”—Daniel 2:42; 2 Timothy 3:1-3.

This is almost exactly the case with Brexit.  Theresa May was elected specifically because her party won the Brexit vote.  Now May can't gain enough power or votes to actually agree on a Brexit plan.  

Since this discussion is in Deep Bible Research & Personal Study, let's everyone focus on the spiritual aspect of this discussion.  Let's look at how people's reactions to Brexit are part of Daniel's prophecy and how all of this may affect our ministry.

If we want to discuss Brexit in general, that would be better to do in the General discussion forum.

I think what is interesting is persons that I have spoken with who have lived in the UK before have all said the same thing. They cannot understand why the U.K. is going ahead with Brexit. As a nation they are much wealthier and powerful remaining within the E.U. My and other witnesses shared thought straight away was - wow - this is Jehovah's work. The feet of the statue of Daniel - physically separating the UK to physically become close to the U.S. Just like China and Russia are sharing a much closer relationship so with the UK and US. Also, the surprise of Brexit happening - winning the majority vote to happen - is as surprising as Trump becoming the U.S President. It is interesting I personally think how Trump became President exactly around the same time that Brexit happened.

I do not know to what end or purpose- if Farage or Johnson become PM - how it will serve as King of the South. I know that these two like Trump and are liked by Trump himself and share most of his ideologies.

Farage

Farage is a Politician and former Commodities Broker. 

For the last 20 years or so Farage has sat at the fringe edges of politics always with the same idea in mind - the UK must leave the EU. He was laughed, mocked for decades until by a shock vote of 52% he won. No one expected this.

Farage is Pro-Trump.

Farage is reported to have had close links with Trump's chief strategist, Steve Bannon. Who is by all accounts a nut-bag!

Farage has just created his own political party called the Brexit Party (formed recently in 2019) that is rising in support at a mercurial rate.

The party has no policies other than its desire for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union without a withdrawal agreement. 

It is interesting how no deal on Brexit has yet been reached or will be done by the 23 May 2019. The date for the UK to participate in the EU elections (Jehovah's timing? Who knows) takes place every 5 years. But it is predicted that Farage will sweep easily through the EU elections without any resistance. May has already lost thousands of seats (of support).

Unlike May Farage wants to make a complete clean breakaway happen with Brexit - this means no customs union or having any connections to the EU. He wants to revolutionise UK politics - make history in other words.

Should be interesting to watch and see what happens from 23 May 2019 to 26 May 2010.

Boris Johnson

Not sure if he will play any role as he belongs to the same party as May. Perhaps he will join the Brexit Party has he has such an affinity with Trump - plus they look related - lol.

*** ws12 6/15 pp. 16-17 par. 9 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place” ***

10. In our time, Britain and the United States are still special partners. They often cooperate with each other on important matters. In the prophecy about the giant image, the feet are the last part of the image. In the prophecy about the wild beast, the seventh head is the last head. This means that the Anglo-American World Power will not be replaced by another world power. 

Seeing how quickly Russia and China are gaining power and voicing that they want to be the ultimate superpower is also another warning sign that we are really close - as they will not attain this status.

So I possibly see May being replaced (as she is no longer popular) with someone that connects in similar thought, personality to Trump to agree on whatever it is Jehovah has in mind.

1 hour ago, GraceH said:

So I possibly see May being replaced (as she is no longer popular) with someone that connects in similar thought, personality to Trump to agree on whatever it is Jehovah has in mind.

But many see Trump as no longer being president after the 2020 election.  

10 minutes ago, GraceH said:

Why is that?

Because he is on average to be the least popular US President in the past 75 years. He could very easily lose the 2020 election. 

Trump's strongest support is from evangelical Christians.  It would be out of character for his political party to attack and destroy false religion in the US.  

Edited by Shawnster

1 minute ago, Shawnster said:

Because he is on average to be the least popular US President in the past 75 years. He could very easily lose the 2020 election. 

Trump's strongest support is from evangelical Christians.  It would be out of character for his political party to attack and destroy false religion in the US.  

😂 His unpopularity does not surprise me. However, it should not matter whether or not his party is Christian. It is the thought of Jehovah that changes their hearts towards religion. So whether or not Trump is super religious or not should have no effect. 

Also, the world's politics are changing weekly. We do not know what the world's situation will be like next year. We could be at war etc, or something else and the American people may not want to choose a new leader. Just like Brexit happening people want to get rid of May but this is not happening yet as it may not be the best thing in transitioning to a new leader as Brexit may not get carried through and be de-railed. Plus other potential leaders have their own intentions and ideas.

I guess Jehovah can use anyone - I do think it is very interesting how China and Russia are turning against religion.

37 minutes ago, GraceH said:

😂 His unpopularity does not surprise me. However, it should not matter whether or not his party is Christian. It is the thought of Jehovah that changes their hearts towards religion. So whether or not Trump is super religious or not should have no effect. 

And it could happen with any party. However, Revelation says it is their thought. So, the attack on false religion will be something people /nations already want to do, they just lack the will currently. Jehovah will give them the will.  It seems more likely that the political party in charge when this happens will be the one already least favorable towards religion. 

@Dismal_Bliss has the opinion that Trump loses 2020 and the opposition will then be in power and the Great Tribulation begins before 2024.

1 hour ago, GraceH said:

So is there anyone on this forum who is currently living in London who can give us an idea as to what the preaching work is like and the current atmosphere with the public and our brothers and sisters?

Brexit didn't changed anything in connection with our preaching work .... people are not interested with or without Brexit

23 hours ago, GraceH said:

What is the general feeling in London, UK at the moment with Brexit? What has been the response to the preaching work?....

I can’t speak for those in London as I don’t live near there I live in the relaxing south west of England. However I like getting into a conversation on the ministry about the uncertainty in the UK and the concerns people have for the future and then pointing to Gods kingdom as the only real solution to not just the UKs problems but the whole worlds problems. It is an easy way to get into a conversation at the moment, if they are willing to give my introduction a chance.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

29 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

Brexit didn't changed anything in connection with our preaching work .... people are not interested with or without Brexit

Wow. That surprises me. Satan really has most people in this system blinded.

Edited by GraceH

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

And it could happen with any party. However, Revelation says it is their thought. So, the attack on false religion will be something people /nations already want to do, they just lack the will currently. Jehovah will give them the will.  It seems more likely that the political party in charge when this happens will be the one already least favorable towards religion. 

@Dismal_Bliss has the opinion that Trump loses 2020 and the opposition will then be in power and the Great Tribulation begins before 2024.

Do not know Shawnster. It could happen anytime. I hope your friend is right.

We are happy if we can finish our "Good morning" .....before we get " No thank you...but thank you for calling" which always makes us smile...

We get more and more " do not call" requests....

We live in Chelmsford, not far from London....

Edited by Bluebell

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

I would also say that even if Trump's party was favourable to religion this would not matter as you can see that he definitely by his morals, etc does not live up to anything religiously. If anything he would only use it as a tool to stay in power. In other words just because a party or person of that party proclaim to be religious really does not mean that they care or live up to being religious - e.g. living and breathing what the Bible teaches by their actions. 

Edited by GraceH

8 hours ago, Shawnster said:

And it could happen with any party. However, Revelation says it is their thought.

it becomes their thought but it is not of their own thought.

*** w12 9/15 p. 5 par. 7 How This World Will Come to an End ***
7 Bible prophecy also indicates what will trigger this attack. Somehow Jehovah will put it into the hearts of political rulers “to carry out his thought,namely, to devastate the harlot. (Rev. 17:17) Warmongering religion continues to be a disruptive force in the world; hence, the nations may feel that destroying the harlot is in their own national interests. In fact, when the rulers attack, they will think that they are carrying out their own “one thought.” In reality, however, they act as God’s tool for obliterating all false religion. Thus, in a stunning reversal, one part of Satan’s system will attack another part, and Satan will be powerless to prevent it.—Matt. 12:25, 26.

8 hours ago, Shawnster said:

So, the attack on false religion will be something people /nations already want to do, they just lack the will currently. Jehovah will give them the will.  It seems more likely that the political party in charge when this happens will be the one already least favorable towards religion. 

On 5/10/2019 at 2:00 AM, GraceH said:

What is the general feeling in London, UK at the moment with Brexit? What has been the response to the preaching work? 

Do you think, that just like Trump, Farage or Johnson will be the next UK Prime Minister? Please note that I am NOT voicing a political preference. This statement is merely in reference to fulfilment of the King of the South. I can only imagine that what happened in the US with Trump is what would need to happen in the UK - a different PM who thinks in the opposite direction of current leaders. Someone who clicks with Trump for whatever Jehovah has planned?

Currently, it seems that for a man Farage who was laughed at and mocked for nearly 20 years (saying that the UK should leave the EU) has now created a Brexit party and is gathering a lot of support ahead of the EU elections - due to the way May and etc have handled Brexit. Could this all be part of Jehovah moving events to position the last UK PM before the end?

hi Grace..

I'm not in London either.. but as expected the division in the country is obvious... the only commonplace feeling is that they are fed up of hearing it on the news and it going nowhere.

it has been a success for Satan though.. people are distracted from the preaching work/Good News. people are fearful of their jobs and it has even distracted some brothers too. when we have our trust in Jehovah why should these things matter to us? The whole ship (Titanic?) is already going down. 

I like the thinking in this WT

*** w77 4/1 p. 199 par. 8 How Can You Find Real Security? ***
8 If you had been on the “Titanic,” what would you have concerned yourself with after it started to sink? While you would not have condemned the previous material benefits of the ship, you certainly would consider them now absolutely unimportant, would you not? The main thing in this new situation would be the preserving of your life. You would consider someone very foolish, even mentally unbalanced, who then spent all his energies trying to get better accommodations, meals, or other material benefits on the ship when, in a few hours, it would plunge beneath the waves!

2 hours ago, Alan said:

it becomes their thought but it is not of their own thought.

*** w12 9/15 p. 5 par. 7 How This World Will Come to an End ***

Looks like we are in agreement but just approaching from opposite direction. 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101988035?q=Their+thought+religion&p=par#h=26

Again Jehovah uses human rulers in executing judgment. “For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out their one thoughtby giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished.” (Revelation 17:17) What is God’s “thought”? To arrange for the executioners of Babylon the Great to band together, in order to destroy her completely. Of course, the rulers’ motive in attacking her will be to carry out their own “one thought.” They will feel that it is in their nationalistic interests to turn upon the great harlot. They may come to view the continued existence of organized religion within their boundaries as a threat to their sovereignty. But Jehovah will actually be maneuvering matters; they will carry out his thought by destroying his age-old, adulterous enemy at one stroke!—Compare Jeremiah 7:8-11, 34.

Yes, Jehovah will maneuver the situation, but won't have the nations do anything that isn't against their will 

21 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Shhhh! I keep my speculations to myself, lol. (okay, not really).

For the last several years, several brothers and sisters are saying that Trump is the armageddon president, and I have been in disagreement, saying that the radical leftist that replaces him will be the armageddon president. Why? Because the Republicans depend on the religious right for the majority of its voter base, and they will not shoot themselves in the foot by destroying false religion. They would doom their party to never get elected again. On the other hand, the left hates religion and has been advocating its demise for decades, and their propaganda to this effect is getting stronger and stronger today. Jehovah uses the UN to execute this judgment, but Trump defies the UN, having removed the USA from several committees and programs. He isn't taking orders from anybody.

When the left wins, it will be with a radical. The idea will be to undo all the "damage" (in their view) that Trump has done, in the same manner that Trump tried to undo all the "damage" (in their view) that Obama had done. This leftist will realign itself with the UN. When Jehovah chooses to use the UN to destroy religion, the USA will be in full support, because the left hates religion anyway.

With everything else going on in the world (apathy, KOTN, Brexit, transgender nonsense, and on and on and on) I do believe we are on the cusp. I get the same vibe from the faithful slave. So if Trump loses in 2020 to the left, then I speculate the end to occur between 2021 and 2029 (allowing room for an 8 year term). If Trump wins in 2020 (which seems likely, but I live in hillbilly country) then the end will come when the left takes over between 2025 and 2033 (allowing for an 8 year term).

I think it's in harmony with the general feeling that it's almost showtime.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

6 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Ugh! ... I really didn't want to be 80 years old in this system

Me neither.:wheelchair: But if it lasts until 2033 I will be - if I don't die first - which is very possible.

I keep trying to kick the bucket - but doctor says I am only turning a little pale. :sick:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Nigel farage’s brexit party leads eu election poll beating Labour Party and conservatives combined possibly 

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/05/uk-nigel-farage-brexit-party-leads-eu-election-poll-190511192945517.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5cd76924df423900011227f0&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Edited by My little flower

• 2 weeks later...