JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Apple iPhone XS Max 256GB - So expensive!

I am looking for a phone for my wife, and she only likes iOS operating system

Naturally then I had a look at the iPhone range, and got a shock!

The prices are not from this planet ...example (I know this one has big memory,bigger screen etc)

Apple iPhone XS Max 256GB (Gold)

just....$2049 Aussie dollars ...what a bargain... :lol1:LOL

I would expect with perfecting mobile phone technology for prices to drop... wrong ..wrong ...wrong  :eek:

I cant stop thinking how much we are paying for a brand ...and how much for actual technology, and manufacturing.... ? :whistling:

260129-L-HI.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Try the Mercari app. It's like a mix of Ebay and Craiglist so things are used, but they're more trustworthy and better prices and deals. That's how I got my Ipad Pro 6th Gen for only 600 instead of what Apple wanted for it.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

2 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Try the Mercari app. It's like a mix of Ebay and Craiglist so things are used, but they're more trustworthy and better prices and deals. That's how I got my Ipad Pro 6th Gen for only 600 instead of what Apple wanted for it.

I don't think this works Down Under ... :nope:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I am looking for a phone for my wife, and she only likes iOS operating system
Naturally then I had a look at the iPhone range, and got a shock!
The prices are not from this planet ...example (I know this one has big memory,bigger screen etc)

Apple iPhone XS Max 256GB (Gold)

just....$2049 Aussie dollars ...what a bargain... :lol1:LOL
I would expect with perfecting mobile phone technology for prices to drop... wrong ..wrong ...wrong  :eek:
I cant stop thinking how much we are paying for a brand ...and how much for actual technology, and manufacturing.... ? :whistling:
260129-L-HI.thumb.jpg.9382be771f3fd36a6ffc234fabef488f.jpg

It has everything a computer has.....so she can replace her computer with this phone! Win, Win

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

15 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

And 'NO' - before you ask... you cannot trade-in your wife... tut. tut

US president did for a younger Model - :shutup: twice.

16 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

Go for Gold!!!!

Happy wife, happy....

Surely you know that she is worth it...

Happy wife happy life - hmmm

Unless you don't get her one not so happy, and if you do and she finds out How Much You Spent - No Win Scenario.:crying:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I would love to help but I don't want to sound like I am trying to get business from anyone on this wonderful platform. I am here because I would love to associate with other brothers and sisters from different parts of the world. It just so happened that I saw your post about phones.

My expertise is sales and I work for the AT&T phone company. I have helped a lot of brothers and sisters save money on their new phones and phone bill in general. If you can get great service with AT&T where you live and you're currently with any other carrier other than AT&T or Cricket, I can give you $700 OFF any iPhone. If you still owe on your phones, AT&T can reimburse you the cancellation fees via VISA cards mailed out to you 30-45 days after you switch. Most iPhones are FREE when you switch and not all of them.

The deals that I have work for most people and I have seen it where it doesn't work for other friends. You can message me your situation and I can try to help.

I am pretty new on this forum and I don't even know if my response is acceptable on here but I would love to help.

• 2 weeks later...

iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 will be out September. The Files app will be improved to actually read all external files on a drive or card. So with a USB/Lightning adapter it will be possible to keep rarely used large videos, for example, off the phone.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13