JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trump said he is «the chosen one»

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1692 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/860276/trump-chosen

Yes, President Trump, when asked about his ongoing trade war with China, deemed himself "the chosen one" when talking with reporters outside the White House on Wednesday. As Trump put it, when it comes to dealing with China's trade practices, "somebody had to do it." He then added "I am the chosen one" as he looked up to the sky.

Not only the chosen one🤣

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-news-latest-jewish-antisemitism-king-of-israel-twitter-democrats-a9072951.html

Donald Trump has promoted a claim that Jewish people in Israel love him like he is the “king” of the country and “the second coming of God”.

We have to be careful about putting 'a man' in a position of fullfillment of prophecy ... he could, for arguments sake only, be assissinated tomorrow ... and someone else become President. 

Hindsight might indeed show that he was instrumental ... but as your sister, I urge caution at this point of time. There is no scripture I can think of that focuses on one person - only Governmental bodies and the future coalition.

Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion on this.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Well, I have to admit .. He's got a drive, like no any other president of USA :scooter:

Hope this materializes in treaties, deals and peace and security...and...:whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

There is a documentary on Netflix called "The Family" that explains how those in political power consider themselves chosen. It's worth a look if only to explain how leaders are set up to believe this. I watched part of the documentary a couple of days ago (fast forwarded to interesting bits) and then when I heard Donald Trump say this I nearly fell over. Apparently this idea has a quasi-christian basis based loosely on the the gospels and is international (if you believe the commentators) and goes back a long time. Perhaps Trump just watched the "The Family" too as it is a recent release.

He’s the chosen one all right. But, chosen by whom?

I can’t listen and pay attention to what is going on. Crazy making. 

I keep thinking, Revelation 11:18. Revelation 11:18...It’s like there is a hatred for the creation anymore. 

I know this will come down before this earth is totally ruined. 

As political leaders come go, I’ve wonder how they would react to meeting Jehovah. I mean, really meeting him. Well, now...

Reminds me of Nebuchadnezzar...

Edited by Miss Bea

Another thought...

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I heard from Republican evangelicals that he is "the chosen one" during his campaigning when he, to the amazement of everyone, was able to survive primaries despite all the gaffes and scandals. Many evangelicals in the US are reported to have voted for him because they believe that he will restore the third temple in Jerusalem, thereby fulfilling a prophecy that will allegedly pave the way for the end of the world. That is why he is also being called "the king of Israel". 

Edited by Hun

The title of “ chosen one” has been applied to theta before him and will likely ( although I sincerely hope not) be applied to others after him. It’s nothing really all that new. I very specifically recall the title of Messiah being applied to a previous US President who was far more likable. Slick and polished. It is what it is : the worlds error.

11 hours ago, GraceH said:

Wow. If Donald Trump is not the President in power when the cry of peace and security is announced I will be shocked. He has all the makings for prophecy from the Bible. And totally is putty in Jehovah's hands.😂

Which prophecy is that?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

8 hours ago, Wren said:

There is a documentary on Netflix called "The Family" that explains how those in political power consider themselves chosen. It's worth a look if only to explain how leaders are set up to believe this. I watched part of the documentary a couple of days ago (fast forwarded to interesting bits) and then when I heard Donald Trump say this I nearly fell over. Apparently this idea has a quasi-christian basis based loosely on the the gospels and is international (if you believe the commentators) and goes back a long time. Perhaps Trump just watched the "The Family" too as it is a recent release.

They believe this in the UK as well.. the queen is crowned the head of the church... the monarch is considered the 'Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England'

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

We have had to hide a number of comments from various ones.... and probably should hide some more..🙈

This is a politically charged subject which takes a great deal of finesse to  navigate...

Just think if you were in Brother Christianson’s place right now .... what would your comments be about Mr Putin...or any other leader 

Or if you were in Hong Kong or China.....were there is next to zero internet privacy... 

Would they interpret our stand as neutral or biased in some way....?

‘We can make comments...about news events etc...but please be a bit “more discrete”... calling leaders all sorts of dysfunctional names or titles ...Is being as cautious as a Zebra in a flock of flamingos.....😎

As this world gets closer to the brink this is going to be one of the main testing points .... practice now   

A second key to maintaining our neutrality is to be “cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves” when facing challenges. (Read Matthew 10:16, 17.) We show caution by recognizing dangers early, and we remain innocent by not letting them lead us into compromise. Consider some potential challenges and how we can deal with them.

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Its important to be neutral in both mind and heart, so if you find it difficult to control your tongue and fingers, look deeper and get to work....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Which prophecy is that?

I think you misunderstood my comment. I meant that Trump is unlike any sitting U.S President I have ever come across that I would be shocked if he were not the sitting U.S. President when the end comes for the King of the South. That is all. No prophecy in relation to him particular. Even after three years he still blows me away with what he gets away with. I usually joke to my dad that he must have only come this far to be used for some purpose for Jehovah's plans.😂

1 minute ago, GraceH said:

I think you misunderstood my comment. I meant that Trump is unlike any sitting U.S President I have ever come across that I would be shocked if he were not the sitting U.S. President when the end comes for the King of the South. That is all. No prophecy in relation to him particular. Even after three years he still blows me away with what he gets away with. I usually joke to my dad that he must have only come this far to be used for some purpose for Jehovah's plans.😂

thank you for the clarification. Any president no matter who he is will be used when it's Jehovah's time.

I have to concur with that ... but am careful to put any weight at all on anything more than he being just a man with distinction ... each president and prime minister in the UK  has been an interesting character with a slice of secular history under his belt. 

You see my dear sister, Satan's whole system is built on narcisisstic qualities, so it makes sense that in order to thwart Jehovah and his organization that HE (Satan) put in someone who displays the qualities of the people to a high degree. Jehovah of course, when Satan's time has ended, can and will turn any planning or intentions of Satan 90 degrees. 

I've heard from even some in my congregation ... that  Jehovah has placed men in position ready for The GT and Armageddon.

But if we have a good look at this video that many if not all, of us have seen ... Jehovah has stepped back to let Satan run things and show that his way is not the right way.

If Jehovah starts tweaking things such as a specific person behind the scenes, Satan can rightly say to Jehovah : "Aw that's not fair, you said you'd let me prove to you my way is right, now how do we know because you're stepping in before your appointed time?"

Jehovah has, is, and will move hearts of Kings for his name and in behalf of his people when it is connected to HIS organization on earth - not Satans.

Jehovah will though put the thought into the hearts of Kings when, and only when it's his appointed time to do so, which then indicates Satan's time has passed.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODMinistryTeachings/docid-502018850_1_VIDEO

7 minutes ago, GraceH said:

Yes, that is true. But Trump - man - never seen anyone quite like him.