JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

UFO?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 555 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

UAP ( possibly atmospheric) UAV ( Identified as a vehicle of some kind possibly experimental or of foreign origin ) UFO ( not atmospheric but not necessarily a vehicle and we cannot identify it ) ( shrug) . I’ve seen UAP’s for certain, UAV’s possibly and UFO’s ( absolutely) . In all cases I Shrug.  The terms are only marginally meaningful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 8:15 PM, BenJepthah said:

UAP ( possibly atmospheric) UAV ( Identified as a vehicle of some kind possibly experimental or of foreign origin ) UFO ( not atmospheric but not necessarily a vehicle and we cannot identify it ) ( shrug) . I’ve seen UAP’s for certain, UAV’s possibly and UFO’s ( absolutely) . In all cases I Shrug.  The terms are only marginally meaningful.

The only UFO I ever saw was when looking at the night sky with one of our elders (decades ago on Long Island, N.Y.).    We thought at first we were seeing a meteor - but then it made a sharp right turn and then another sharp right turn.

My conclusion is that this was similar to the star of Bethlehem which changed directions.

Neither of us pursued the matter.

Btw - alien abduction reports often involve demonic activity - I once had to research the subject for a return visit - all due caution is advised.

"Every unrighteous deception." - see 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11.

On 10/5/2019 at 3:53 AM, Newtonian said:

The only UFO I ever saw was when looking at the night sky with one of our elders (decades ago on Long Island, N.Y.).    We thought at first we were seeing a meteor - but then it made a sharp right turn and then another sharp right turn.

My conclusion is that this was similar to the star of Bethlehem which changed directions.

Neither of us pursued the matter.

Btw - alien abduction reports often involve demonic activity - I once had to research the subject for a return visit - all due caution is advised.

"Every unrighteous deception." - see 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11.

That's why I prefer not to discuss the topic and my own experiences. It could be man-made technology, but it could also be demonic apparitions.

On 10/8/2019 at 12:50 AM, ChocoBro said:

I am an RN . I’ve found that the vast majority of “ so called Alien abduction reports “have elements in common with one shared very common human experience.  

They are all described something like this. I was asleep ( in darkness) suddenly a light appeared.  I was lifted up as if by a beam toward a bright light or bank of lights . There were very tall people which were white, gray, or blue and they had strange hands . They strapped me down to a table and restrained me. They did horrible medical things to me which may or may not have had to do with my genitalia.          

Chances are everyone reading this has experienced these very things .

It’s the experience of every newborn baby in the modern birthing suite.  

Conclusion: these are mistaken memories brought back in dreams or under hypnosis. 

2 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

I am an RN . I’ve found that the vast majority of “ so called Alien abduction reports “have elements in common with one shared very common human experience.  

They are all described something like this. I was asleep ( in darkness) suddenly a light appeared.  I was lifted up as if by a beam toward a bright light or bank of lights . There were very tall people which were white, gray, or blue and they had strange hands . They strapped me down to a table and restrained me. They did horrible medical things to me which may or may not have had to do with my genitalia.          

Chances are everyone reading this has experienced these very things .

It’s the experience of every newborn baby in the modern birthing suite.  

Conclusion: these are mistaken memories brought back in dreams or under hypnosis. 

First of all, you are quoting me when I never said what was in your quote.

Second of all, that is not the experience I had. I was quite awake and was not restrained, all I saw was a flying circular object with 5 or 6 concentric lights shooting over the countryside. Hardly has anything to do with my being born, I would wager.

I have seen many UFO's ... we live in area where "aircraft" pass over us on a daily basis but I have no idea if they are 707's, 727's 747's, G5's or F18's ... so, they are unidentified by me!

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

4 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

First of all, you are quoting me when I never said what was in your quote.

Second of all, that is not the experience I had. I was quite awake and was not restrained, all I saw was a flying circular object with 5 or 6 concentric lights shooting over the countryside. Hardly has anything to do with my being born, I would wager.

You Saw a UFO.  Me too, along with two brothers Nd my teen daughter.  That is very different from a UFO abduction claim.    Which you mentioned and I responded too.  

4 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

You don't seem to understand how this forum works. I never "mentioned UFO abduction claims". I was quoting somebody else.

Oh I see. My error. Sorry. I meant to quote from Newtonian. 

On 10/4/2019 at 9:53 PM, Newtonian said:

See the several above.

• 9 months later...
38 minutes ago, runner92 said:

2020 is just a very odd year.

20+20=40...

Which is factual but means nothing...🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The link still took me to a paywall even with an incognito tab/window :shrugs: 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 7/28/2020 at 2:10 PM, Qapla said:

The link still took me to a paywall even with an incognito tab/window :shrugs: 

That's maybe because you have been reading articles on New York times. I think Google allows websites to save your data, so they can monitor your activity. Maybe deleting the cache would work in your case Brother John. 

On 7/27/2020 at 3:01 PM, Mephibosheth said:

20+20=40...

Which is factual but means nothing...🤣

In the category of dates that factually mean nothing and yet people have put significance. 
        January 20, 2021 is the date of the next US presidential inauguration.  Some people are actually stating that that number series is important because it means that whomever is sworn in will begin their term on 1-20-2021  which is just a weird number series that is somehow meant to be powerful .      Silly humans. 

Edited by BenJepthah