JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

UFO?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 554 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 8 months later...

Interesting sub-topic of alien abduction; I don't think it's necessarily always demonic.
I actually have a hypothesis that in many cases, it's actually sleep paralysis.
Sleep paralysis often comes with hallucinations, and would explain why people recounting their experiences might  believe, say, that they were strapped to a table or something like that.
I've never experienced it, myself, but I knew people who have, and it sounds pretty terrifying.

As far as UFO's, who knows what they are? They could be secret ships from our or another country's military.
It could be the government is trying to distract the subjects.

In the height of the great tribulation, too, are there going to be a lot of UFO sightings due to the celestial phenomena? maybe.

Edited by Katty

On 7/30/2020 at 11:11 PM, BenJepthah said:

Some people are actually stating that that number series is important because it means that whomever is sworn in will begin their term on 1-20-2021  which is just a weird number series that is somehow meant to be powerful .      Silly humans. 

This may come under a thing called numerology. It's one of those dates that read the same forwards or backwards. As if there is uncanny meaning behind that.

People were lining up to get married in Las Vegas on April 3. 

Why?   4-3-21

• 4 weeks later...

Is this part of the deception where the Bible says it might in fool servants of Jehovah? If they actually reveal themselves and speak to world leaders that would be something. I think something big is about to happen time is up for Satan system I can feel it

Edited by navco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great article:

I Created ‘The X-Files.’ Here’s Why I’m Skeptical of the New U.F.O. Report. https://nyti.ms/3j9jdQ4

Interesting conclusion:

But what if we had direct contact? With actual alien beings from an exoplanet who’ve traveled light years to seek us out? Who have answers to every question we’ve ever asked?

The result would unquestionably change the course of mankind. But would it change us?

I want to believe.

I think JWs already know the answer to these questions - few would believe.

We have been pointing to a book written by an extraterrestrial being of immense knowledge, understanding and wisdom WITH ALL THE ANSWERS. And the response is - most won't believe and few are actually willing to change.

But don't give up! There are still some out there who will.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

6 hours ago, Dages said:

They really want to believe in something out there... But don't speak about God or angels

Which is very weird, since God is literally just an extraterrestrial life form—a life outside of the earth.

Of course, not the kind of alien that wants to kill the humanity that you see in the sci-fi movies—but one that is true, and who will bring everlasting paradise to the mankind. Communication has already been made with this E.T. for thousands of the years, in fact!

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was an Awake! article if it covered something like under the title “Is There Life Out There?”

4 hours ago, Hinata said:

Which is very weird, since God is literally just an extraterrestrial life form—a life outside of the earth.

Of course, not the kind of alien that wants to kill the humanity that you see in the sci-fi movies—but one that is true, and who will bring everlasting paradise to the mankind. Communication has already been made with this E.T. for thousands of the years, in fact!

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was an Awake! article if it covered something like under the title “Is There Life Out There?”

Maybe the article could be titled, "To Serve Man.".  :lol1:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I have had experiences where I was asleep in my bed.  Suddenly, I was wide awake, but could not move.  I would try to move, but I was completely paralyzed.  I had the feeling that someone else was there, someone standing beside my bed.  After I got married, my wife told me that I was making strange sounds.  Actually, it was me trying to talk in my immobilized condition.

I read the science behind this.  When we are in a deep sleep, our bodies are immobilized.  Sometimes we wake up, but our bodies are still immobilized. It is easy to imagine someone in the room because our eyes focus on shapes that are indistinguishable.  I found that if I fall asleep on my back, I have these dreams.  If I am laying on my side, these type dreams do not happen.

I am speaking only for myself.  I can not speak to anyone else's experiences.

52 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

I have had experiences where I was asleep in my bed.  Suddenly, I was wide awake, but could not move.  I would try to move, but I was completely paralyzed.  I had the feeling that someone else was there, someone standing beside my bed.  After I got married, my wife told me that I was making strange sounds.  Actually, it was me trying to talk in my immobilized condition.

I read the science behind this.  When we are in a deep sleep, our bodies are immobilized.  Sometimes we wake up, but our bodies are still immobilized. It is easy to imagine someone in the room because our eyes focus on shapes that are indistinguishable.  I found that if I fall asleep on my back, I have these dreams.  If I am laying on my side, these type dreams do not happen.

I am speaking only for myself.  I can not speak to anyone else's experiences.

That's sleep paralysis, to get out of this, you just need to cough.

54 minutes ago, Dages said:

That's sleep paralysis, to get out of this, you just need to cough.

Biting a tongue or trying to move fingers/toes usually did the trick for me. The trick is that when the sleep paralysis comes, your tongue is not paralysed, so you can still move your tongue and teeth. So that will wake you up.

However, the hardest part is to remembering to do these trick in the first place. When the paralysis comes, usually you are covered in deep uncomfortable state, sweating and all. So much so that you can’t even think straight to “oh, it’s another sleep paralysis. It’s ok, I can walk out of this easily.”

I have personally always thought UFO's were government experiments and projects, do I believe in aliens (lil green men lol) no, but it would be nicer to have friendly aliens than some of the other theories the news has been throwing out there. XD Lol

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

3 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

When I OD on chocolate, I see a lot of UFO's.

Unidentified Food Objects?

I have a few of those in my refrigerator...🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D