JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Witnesses’ website beats Facebook as world’s most translated.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1601 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

What I find interesting Matt, is the UN's site only has 15-20 languages, with some minor languages in part ... one would expect the UN to have much more.

JW.org dwarves Wikipedia, Microsoft and Google as far as languages go. 

What a privilege to be part of this organization. Just today I impressed upon my study the importance of reaching hearts. JW.org does this so effectively.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

4 hours ago, Stormswift said:

What I find interesting Matt, is the UN's site only has 15-20 languages, with some minor languages in part ... one would expect the UN to have much more.

15-20? I thought it was only 6...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

15-20? I thought it was only 6...

You might be right - maybe I'm thinking of that with the inclusion of some partial languages ... thanks for the correction -makes it even worse doesn't it?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

On 11/24/2019 at 4:46 AM, Stormswift said:

JW.org dwarves Wikipedia, Microsoft and Google as far as languages go. 

What a privilege to be part of this organization. Just today I impressed upon my study the importance of reaching hearts. JW.org does this so effectively.

Yes.  One would think this fact would tell a discerning individual something.

On 11/26/2019 at 12:23 PM, Ludwika said:

Makes me think of a WT comment, we can expect the outbreak of the GT at the height of the preaching work. The success of the website must be contributing hugely to fulfilling this.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Watchtower lesson for 12/08 says "Through our website, on average worldwide, we are receiving over 230 Bible study requests EACH DAY "!

Which is about 84,000 per year !!!

Edited by Doug

Clarify

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 4:44 PM, Doug said:

Watchtower lesson for 12/08 says "Through our website, on average worldwide, we are receiving over 230 Bible study requests EACH DAY "!

Which is about 84,000 per year !!!

Does anyone have any more recent numbers on this? I'd love to know if the number has gone up or down.

Does anyone have any more recent numbers on this? I'd love to know if the number has gone up or down.

“Through our website, on average worldwide, we are receiving over 230 Bible study requests each day!”

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2019602

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

The 2019 July broadcast mentioned that about 250 Bible study requests are received daily. By my calculations, that is almost 92,000 Bible study requests a year. 

Edited by Bek

On 12/28/2019 at 5:58 AM, Thesauron said:

“Through our website, on average worldwide, we are receiving over 230 Bible study requests each day!”

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2019602

That is October 2019. So considering that WT articles are written well in advance, the info must be from 2018. 

The July broadcast gives a higher figure of "some 250" for Bible study requests received each day. 

You can watch a GB member mention it at the 35:44 mark below: 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb_201907_1_VIDEO