JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Literature carts made in China of all places?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1587 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Last week Friday I went to the truck stop to pick up our literatures. Among them was a literature display cart we ordered. While picking up the cart I observed it was made in China. It struck me.  how is it possible that with the vigor Chinese authorities persecute the witnesses the world Wide supply of literature cart that supports the witnessing work be coming from there. I asked myself how did the governing body pull out such a deal. It reminds me of an experience I read of German brothers printing publications while in concentration camp. Has anyone ever thought along this line would love to hear comments 

1 hour ago, juliansan said:

I don't see how the chinese government is involved in this. The brothers didn't make a deal with the government but with a factory company

Das Handelsblatt sagt:

Companies today need to pay attention not only to what the law says, but what the party says. Law, economic policy, party line - these three things must be kept in mind by a company that does business in China.

I just see it as evidence that the work we do is Jehovah's work and he makes a way for us to be able to succeed even when we think it is impossible. On the other hand I would like to tell you friends that my congregation lunched our public witnessing carts today Christmas day and I was privilege to be by the literature stand with my beloved treasure (my wife) we enjoyed using the made in China Cart to spread good news.😄😉

There was a radio commentator I was listening to years ago and he was talking about this tangle of Christmas lights he had.  A Chinese associate of his helped him untangle the wires.  She did it quickly and efficiently.  As she was working, she explained to him that she used to work in a factory in China that made this exact type of Christmas lights.

So China, this anti-religion empire, was all for the producing and selling to foreign countries Christmas lights.  

Clearly they don't care as long as they make a profit.

Now, in the case of our carts, the Chinese government probably is unaware of the use we are making of the carts.  They are just making carts.  It is ironic that this anti-religious government is supplying the only true religion with tools necessary to accomplish our ministry.

Quite a few KH use chairs that are sourced/manufactured in China.. container loads at a time! Think of that when you're relaxing in the meeting :)

I'm don't doubt that the factory/company know exactly who they are dealing with!  The Chinese regime obviously don't think that things outside of their direct control (in China) are a threat to them. They may think that they are taking jobs and money from these 'religious' countries.

I wonder how many of those who were destined for destruction (by their lifestyles and choices) helped/supplied Noah with materials to build the ark that was only going to save 8 souls? 

Solomon did a lot of trading:

*** it-2 pp. 1066-1067 Tarshish ***
Trade Relations With Solomon. Phoenician trading with Tarshish is clearly borne out by the record of King Solomon’s time (some 13 centuries after the Flood), when maritime commerce also began to be engaged in by the nation of Israel. Solomon had a fleet of ships in the Red Sea area, manned in part by experienced seamen provided by Phoenician King Hiram of Tyre, and trafficking especially with the gold-rich land of Ophir. (1Ki 9:26-28) Reference is thereafter made to “a fleet of ships of Tarshish” that Solomon had on the sea “along with Hiram’s fleet of ships,” and these ships are stated to have made voyages once every three years for the importation of gold, silver, ivory, apes, and peacocks. (1Ki 10:22) It is generally believed that the term “ships of Tarshish” in course of time came to stand for a type of ship, as one lexicon puts it: “large, sea-going vessels, fit to ply to Tarshish.” (A Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, by Brown, Driver, and Briggs, 1980, p. 1077) In a similar way, the name Indiamen originally was derived from the name applied to large British ships engaged in trade with India and in time came to apply to ships of that type no matter what their origin or destination. Thus 1 Kings 22:48 shows that King Jehoshaphat (936-911 B.C.E.) “made Tarshish ships to go to Ophir for gold.”

When the GT breaks out.. getting new carts (or even chairs)  won't be at the top of our agenda/priority list.. :)

In our KH we have lot of china products.
Hp desktop pc
Audio/video system too
Lights
Camera
Etc.. all Made in China

Maybe some our brothers and systers working in factories made it. Who knows? IF Jehovah allows it, let it be. I personally dont like countries where our activity is banned, but i buyed some Nokian winter tyres made in Russia for my car and are very good.
I was thinking of them that are made in Finland, after buying was sad, but, my wife said, maybe some our brother in Russia works in factory and make living of your tyres.

Remember Isaiah 60:16

Regarding that prophecy, The Watchtower, July 1, 2002 says:

"Listen, now, to another divine promise. Speaking to Zion, Jehovah says: “You will actually suck the milk of nations, and the breast of kings you will suck; and you will be certain to know that I, Jehovah, am your Savior, and the Powerful One of Jacob is your Repurchaser.” (Isaiah 60:16) How does Zion feed on “the milk of nations” and suck “the breast of kings”? In that anointed Christians and their “other sheep” companions use valuable resources from the nations in order to advance pure worship."

Not only, but the Governing Body strives to be faithful and discreet with regard to how the organization’s funds are used. The Brothers from the Global Purchasing Dept are doing a great job and buy items where is cheaper. We are proud to be part of an unique international organization!

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.”