JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/03/10/44-dead-iran-drinking-toxic-alcohol-fake-coronavirus-cure/5009761002/

At least 44 dead from drinking toxic alcohol in Iran after fake coronavirus cure rumor

Iranian media reports that at least 44 people have died from alcohol poisoning — with hundreds hospitalized — after consuming bootleg alcohol in an effort to treat coronavirus. 

"A false rumor has circulated throughout the country that drinking alcohol can cure or prevent coronavirus. Drinking alcohol is prohibited in the country.

Some citizens, according to Iran Health Ministry official Ali Ehsanpour, drank alcohol that substituted toxic methanol for ethanol, using bleach to mask the color. Seven bootleggers have been arrested so far."

"In one part of the country, Khuzestan, more people have died from alcohol poisoning than from the coronavirus in that area, per state news agency IRNA. Over 30 people have died from poisoning, while only 18 have died from the virus"

https://www.kuow.org/stories/gov-jay-inslee-says-there-may-already-be-more-than-1-000-covid-19-cases-in-washington

Governor Jay Inslee of Washington State said based on what experts have told him (I watched the live press conference) there may actually be 1,000 cases in Washington state because many cases go undetected. 

He said these are estimates it could be 500 or 2,000 in any case it's too high it's likely to keep doubling every five to eight days so in seven weeks we could have more than 60,000 cases based on the 1,000 figure.  and then I don't remember the period of time but he said there would be a quarter of a million if they don't stop it.  He also said that we can't know the mortality rate but if 3.4 percent is correct out of 60,000 there would be 1,600 deaths which is too many.   

I know they don't even test everyone that's been exposed to it.  A friend has been very ill for weeks (My mom talked to her on the phone) she was around three people who had been to the hospital where a lot of the deaths have occurred and those three people got very ill.  And she got very ill and she tried to get tested and the professionals took precautions in helping her but they didn't test her because they said there are not enough tests. 

The governor said in the press conference that they don't test everyone and some people just get sick and don't come in to get tested.  But this friend did try to get tested and got told no.  

North Carolina governor declares state of emergency after 7 cases diagnosed: https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-governor-declares-state-emergency-after-cases-coronavirus-confirmed/kvDyyIp4wLIBw5qUCqX0jL/?fbclid=IwAR3WZaJw4k_hViLLOIXu5VGECvgQ9O6somp071ZNTw-soQ4MQP7uPxjGgS8

Georgia has 6 positive, 11 presumptive: https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/georgia-officials-preparing-part-state-park-coronavirus-patients/TN3G7WXMCNBGPDWBV37UTFUZGA/

POSITIVE CASES

3 cases in Fulton County. Two are family members under home quarantine after person traveled to Italy. Other victim is hospitalized. Source of their infection is unknown

1 in Floyd County under home quarantine. Source of virus unknown.

1 in Cobb County. Person traveled to Italy and is under home isolation with mild symptoms

1 in Polk County. Person is hospitalized and source of infection is unknown

PRESUMPTIVE CASES:

Fulton County: 2

Cobb County: 3

Fayette County: 1

DeKalb County: 2

Gwinnett County: 2

Cherokee County: 1

Getting nervous now; Gwinnett is just south of me.  

State right next door to Michigan now has 3rd person testing positive. 😳

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/Third-Wisconsin-person-tests-positive-for-new-coronavirus-568668981.html?fbclid=IwAR275syhKUmmweG3Ydjs1AERmtf1OTyVpOdUlzNwhlb0XfCLiO9g48h7Tmo

Well, Madison is about 8 hours away from where Ross and I live in Michigan.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A third person in Wisconsin, and the second in Dane County, has tested positive for the coronavirus, state health officials said Tuesday.

The news of a third positive case came on the same day that a western Wisconsin school district canceled classes so that its facilities can be thoroughly cleaned because someone sickened by the virus attended an event at its high school last weekend. 

The latest person to test positive was exposed while traveling in the United States and is currently isolated at home, the state Department of Health Services said in a statement. Dane County health officials were working to determine who has been in contact with the person so they can be isolated, quarantined and tested.

"We continue to urge state residents to take precautions to avoid illness," said Jeanne Ayers, Wisconsin's state health officer. 

The first person to test positive, back in February, was also from Dane County, which is home to the state capital of Madison and the University of Wisconsin's flagship campus. That person tested positive after returning from a trip to China and has fully recovered after recuperating in isolation at home, health officials said.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2020/03/10/tokyo-2020-official-possibility-games-postponed-1-2-years/5009242002/

Japanese organizing official discusses possibility Olympics could be postponed 1-2 years

More ramifacations for the global reaction to the virus, that coupled with the travel industry, cruise lines, import/export, the list can go on and on, time will tell, the main thing is do not panic, stay watchful, stay calm, stay clean, it may mean staying away from the meetings for awhile especially if you are over 60 with a weakened immune system! Also if reading a lot and posting about this is causing you to be anxious and worried instead of just liking to be informed, maybe it would be best to hold off and trying to center more on non covid 19 information, hard to do I know because the information is everywhere!

2020-03-10_13h42_02.png

My Wife and I are not very anxious over the coronavirus. Being well advanced in years we believe that we need to follow the advice of Branch which says follow the advice of the State. Our KH just moved to what I would call Stage 2 of precautionary adjustments, that is posting the "Reminder" on the KH doors and reading the  special announcement at every meeting. No change in meetings or service specified so far. The nearest reported case is about 90 miles ditant. Do we, being at a super critical age, avoid the gathering of ouselves together, or just behave like normal until a Stage 3 is announced or until the threat is past?

PS: No need to send TP, we are fine, alchohol may be in short supply so we will ration it. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

During mass, Pope Francis said that he has asked priests to have the courage to visit those sick with coronavirus.

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-10-20-intl-hnk/h_9defd171335ecd6811f9f3b32112d60d?utm_source=fbCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_content=2020-03-10T15%3A29%3A04

If you start telling people like that you will soon be attacked😂

Edited by My little flower

Sorry I shouldn’t have laughed about your article. But he’s 🥜 🥜🥜🥜🥜. While others are telling people to stay away he’s telling people to go to these sick ones. Does he really think his god 😈 will protect them for being stupid? 

MHO

Thank goodness for the faithful slaves directions. ♥️

As important as our meetings are, they are telling friends to stay home.  

20 minutes ago, My little flower said:

Is coronavirus coming between people and their faith?

https://bbc.in/3cKn7cs

Hmmmm...makes you wonder if religious zealots defiance of government quarantines

will cause something other than just a more rapid spread of the disease...

https://bbc.in/3cKn7cs

"People are sad," she tells me. "You know it's Umrah, and everybody loves going for the purpose for worshipping."

It may not be just Umrah which is affected.

"Some are worried that 'OK, what if this extends to Ramadan, what if this extends to Hajj, what's going to happen?'" she says.

The Saudi authorities say these measures are temporary and have not indicated that there are plans to disrupt the Hajj.

Some religious practices which could spread the virus have continued.

There was alarm around the world recently when videos of Iranians licking Shia shrines were shared on social media.

In one, a man is seen at the Masumeh shrine in Qom saying "I'm not scared of coronavirus", before licking and kissing the gates. Some people believe the shrines have divine powers and can help cure diseases.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

45 minutes ago, Old said:

Our KH just moved to what I would call Stage 2 of precautionary adjustments, that is posting the "Reminder" on the KH doors and reading the  special announcement at every meeting.  ... . Do we, being at a super critical age, avoid the gathering of ouselves together, or just behave like normal until a Stage 3 is announced or until the threat is past?

Do you have any information to share what are the stages of precautionary adjustments?

So, I guess stage 2 is the posting of the "Reminder" and reading the special announcement, anything else can you share for stage 3?

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

16 hours ago, Lewis said:

The coronavirus that causes Covid-19 can linger in the air for at least 30 minutes and travel up to 4.5 metres – further than the “safe distance” advised by health authorities around the world, according to a study by a team of Chinese government epidemiologists.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3074351/coronavirus-can-travel-twice-far-official-safe-distance-and-stay

92B7C520-6EBA-45D6-B19C-0022D7A67BE8.jpeg.b1d2acd70e8a52a7315a4b6690238591.jpeg

From reading the article, If its 100% all true, this is going to be devastating to the public.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

"There was alarm around the world recently when videos of Iranians licking Shia shrines were shared on social media.^ ( from above )

In one, a man is seen at the Masumeh shrine in Qom saying "I'm not scared of coronavirus", before licking and kissing the gates. Some people believe the shrines have divine powers and can help cure diseases."

2020-03-10_15h53_32.png

5 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

"There was alarm around the world recently when videos of Iranians licking Shia shrines were shared on social media.^ ( from above )

In one, a man is seen at the Masumeh shrine in Qom saying "I'm not scared of coronavirus", before licking and kissing the gates. Some people believe the shrines have divine powers and can help cure diseases."

2020-03-10_15h53_32.png

🤢 🤮

Go figure...This 2011 Contagion movie is currently trending. 

https://triblive.com/aande/movies-tv/2011s-contagion-having-its-moment-amid-coronavirus-crisis/

2011’s ‘Contagion’ having its moment amid coronavirus crisis

FRANK CARNEVALE   | Tuesday, March 10, 2020 12:37 p.m.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

From reading the article, If its 100% all true, this is going to be devastating to the public.

Here is another link from John Hopkins..a recognized reliable source..https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu%3famp=true

Screenshot_2020-03-10-17-30-52-1.png

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Possibility that this virus may have entered the U P of Michigan. I believe this is the far eastern area, near Sault Ste. Marie. Not yet confirmed. 

https://www.upmatters.com/news/two-possible-cases-of-coronavirus-in-chippewa-county/?fbclid=IwAR2-6uffATjWTnhRvXoDyB9iyzJSp1LMo4qDy8rCuyj_8A-F39vYywoevQ8

BAY MILLS TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WJMN) – Bay Mills Indian Community released a statement on Tuesday that two of their employees may have been in contact with the coronavirus (COVID-19) while traveling to the Washington D.C. area recently.

The statement also stated that those employees may have had contact with staff and students at the Boys and Girls Club of Bay Mills. Due to the possible exposure, Boys and Girls Club activities (Bay Mills Club, Brimley Club, and Sault Ste. Marie) will be closed for the remainder of the week until test results confirm whether the employees have or have not contracted the virus. However, no cases of COVID-19 have been officially confirmed.

The tribe has many elders and those with “compromised immune systems”, and are encouraging at-risk employees to work from home. The tribe has also suspended all out-of-state traveling for official business.

18 hours ago, Lewis said:

The coronavirus that causes Covid-19 can linger in the air for at least 30 minutes and travel up to 4.5 metres – further than the “safe distance” advised by health authorities around the world, according to a study by a team of Chinese government epidemiologists.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3074351/coronavirus-can-travel-twice-far-official-safe-distance-and-stay

92B7C520-6EBA-45D6-B19C-0022D7A67BE8.jpeg.b1d2acd70e8a52a7315a4b6690238591.jpeg

Well I thought this day couldn't more distressing. From reading all the seeming legitimate news about this covid-19 and attending a work meeting about it about what ifs, the service overseer elder wants to come over in person to my home -after working at his job for 12 hours -a letter from the branch about if an outbreak happens locally. Since we will only have the sunday circuit assembly as scheduled for the week.

I will wait and see what's going on. Informing family.