JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

47 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

UNCONFIRMED: I just heard that all assemblies in the US will be canceled. It only makes sense, why take any chances, plus the governmental authorities will more than likely institute it!

Yes so it's better to organize things for a certainty rather than wait to the last minute and we have to quickly make plans. Makes perfect sense.

Tell me - I take it that means Regional Coventions as well?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

57 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

UNCONFIRMED: I just heard that all assemblies in the US will be canceled. It only makes sense, why take any chances, plus the governmental authorities will more than likely institute it!

Last night we were told our April 4th CA is still on. Until the Elder body  says otherwise I will have confidence in the Branch.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Well, we will know for sure this Sunday, our circuit is the following Sunday, plus at the college where some tornado damage occurred.With most states calling a " State of Emergency" or will be, unless the virus situation makes a drastic turn around and quickly, I personally feel the regional will be also, especially since most experts are saying the virus may not just soon disappear like some are hoping! 

The British governments response yesterday is that they want the virus to spread "so that 60 percent of the population get it and many get over it so they have some immunity as a herd" ......they are more interested in not letting the NHS system become overwhelmed....The prime minister said "I have to level with you many will lose loved ones before their time"....

Call me cynical but it seems to me that they are using this to naturally cull a part of the population ie the old, the frail, the sick, that in turn will relieve them of their heavy financial pressure on pensions, NHS health care, housing etc

Basically they are doing nothing (just saying self isolate for 7 days if you have the symptoms) unlike most other surrounding nations. They say they are four weeks behind Italy but going to let it happen just the same as it has there.

Jeremiah 10:23

Thankfully we are at the very end of this system in which mankind has proved with overwhelming evidence that it is impossible for him to rule himself and proved to the highest degree that satan is a liar.

Senior Australian Minister Peter Dutton tests Positive to Coronavirus.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-13/peter-dutton-diagnosed-with-coronavirus/12055104

Just Older

Screenshot_20200313-181106_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200313-181126_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz

Add link

9 minutes ago, BibleSteve said:

The British governments response yesterday is that they want the virus to spread "so that 60 percent of the population get it and many get over it so they have some immunity as a herd" ......they are more interested in not letting the NHS system become overwhelmed....The prime minister said "I have to level with you many will lose loved ones before their time"....

Seems pretty much like how Japan is treating the matter..

2 hours ago, BibleSteve said:

Call me cynical but it seems to me that they are using this to naturally cull a part of the population ie the old, the frail, the sick, that in turn will relieve them of their heavy financial pressure on pensions, NHS health care, housing etc

Basically they are doing nothing (just saying self isolate for 7 days if you have the symptoms) unlike most other surrounding nations. They say they are four weeks behind Italy but going to let it happen just the same as it has there.

Jeremiah 10:23

Thankfully we are at the very end of this system in which mankind has proved with overwhelming evidence that it is impossible for him to rule himself and proved to the highest degree that satan is a liar.

I was thinking this too.  Not to be funny, but even traffic is unmanageable in most places, and I can see governments looking at a culling positively. 

17 hours ago, Old said:

Our congregation has gone on lock down for two weeks due to an elder fulfilling his responibility of tending to the sick. The visitation was in a Veterans retirement facility in a neighboring city. He and others shared a meal with the elderly patient. The next day it was confirmed that there were two tested coronavirus patients in the facility. 

I am an RN and expect to have confirmed exposure any day now. We are already being screened at the door. Any symptoms and your home on leave until asymptotic. If febrile that’s about a month. 
   As I live in a remote area I have directed my family that I will call for a tent to erected and provisioned . I will then camp out away from the house until recovered. Or resurrected . 

China government spokesman says U.S. military may have brought virus to China

13 hours ago, My little flower said:

The letter read in our congregation said don't panic or cause alarm but hear, observe, analyze and anticipate.

Reports from the East.  What could that be?

56 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

And the Grave* was closely following him

40 minutes ago, GraceH said:

😅 Ah well. The figure still reminds me of Star Wars.

Senator Palpatine /Darth Sidious! 

2106337628_ScreenShot2020-03-13at9_01_15pm.thumb.png.6e7e742fa94de8db5779cf3cc9f314a9.png

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Catholics rail against "Christ in quarantine" church closures in Rome

by Reuters
Friday, 13 March 2020 11:25 GMT

By Philip Pullella

VATICAN CITY, March 13 (Reuters) - Catholics criticised a cardinal's order to close churches in Rome on Friday to help contain the spread of coronavirus and Pope Francis cautioned against "drastic measures".

Some took to social media to rail against the move by Cardinal Angelo De Donatis, accusing him of caving in to the government. One said the move had put "Christ in quarantine".

Catholic bishops around the world were deciding how to deal with the pandemic in their own dioceses and what guidance they should give to the 1.3 billion-member Church in places from Little Rock to Lyon.

What a difference in attitude. Jehovah’s happy people are grateful for the loving direction we receive in meeting and even assembly cancellations and are fully confident provisions will continue to be made for our spiritual fulfillment! 

8 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

This is about to get cray cray

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-deny-americans-coronavirus-drug

China hints at denying Americans life-saving coronavirus drugs

Wow! I cannot say that this was unexpected. 95% of medications used by US citizens are manufactured in China.  How the US government didn’t see this as a possible national security issue I cannot begin to say. This will change everything with the China trade agreement.

37 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

Catholics rail against "Christ in quarantine" church closures in Rome

by Reuters
Friday, 13 March 2020 11:25 GMT

By Philip Pullella

VATICAN CITY, March 13 (Reuters) - Catholics criticised a cardinal's order to close churches in Rome on Friday to help contain the spread of coronavirus and Pope Francis cautioned against "drastic measures".

Some took to social media to rail against the move by Cardinal Angelo De Donatis, accusing him of caving in to the government. One said the move had put "Christ in quarantine".

Catholic bishops around the world were deciding how to deal with the pandemic in their own dioceses and 

What a difference in attitude. Jehovah’s happy people are grateful for the loving direction we receive in meeting and even assembly cancellations and are fully confident provisions will continue to be made for our spiritual fulfillment! 

They don't want to stop their business.. Cash flow to the church is affected. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/world/coronavirus-live-news-updates.html#link-5d659c9b

Latter-day Saints suspend all gatherings worldwide, including worship.

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced on Thursday that it was suspending all public gatherings around the world. The church is the first major religious tradition to issue such a global edict."

They beat us to the punch!