JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/13/coronavirus-bill-house-nears-approval-free-tests-paid-sick-leave/5039259002/

Trump declares national emergency over coronavirus, allowing officials to direct billions in aid to those fighting virus

President Donald Trump said the emergency declaration would give broad authority for Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar to waive provisions of laws and regulations to give doctors and hospital "maximum flexibility to respond to the virus."

Under the declaration, Azar can:

• Waive laws to enable telehealth services 
  • Allow remote doctor visits and hospital check-ins
  • Waive certain federal licensing requirements so doctors from other states can provide services 
  • Waive requirements limiting hospitals to 25 beds or a stay of 96 hours 
  • Allowing hospitals to bring additional physicians on board and obtain additional office space
  • Waive rules that restrict hospital care of patients within the hospital itself 

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

Trump going to  make  another announcement soon, expected to declare covid-19 emergency - live stream - 

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-13-20-intl-hnk/index.html

If you seen the live broadcast, did you all see all the touching of the microphone and podium and shaking of hands. It could be a disaster (unless is was wiped down with anti microbial/ anti viral cleaner).

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Our president just declared a National Emergency.

22 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/13/coronavirus-bill-house-nears-approval-free-tests-paid-sick-leave/5039259002/

Trump declares national emergency over coronavirus, allowing officials to direct billions in aid to those fighting virus

President Donald Trump said the emergency declaration would give broad authority for Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar to waive provisions of laws and regulations to give doctors and hospital "maximum flexibility to respond to the virus."

Under the declaration, Azar can:

• Waive laws to enable telehealth services 
  • Allow remote doctor visits and hospital check-ins
  • Waive certain federal licensing requirements so doctors from other states can provide services 
  • Waive requirements limiting hospitals to 25 beds or a stay of 96 hours 
  • Allowing hospitals to bring additional physicians on board and obtain additional office space
  • Waive rules that restrict hospital care of patients within the hospital itself 

Should have  looked before I posted. 

7 minutes ago, AH173 said:

If you seen the live broadcast, did you all see all the touching of the microphone and podium and shaking of hands. It could be a disaster (unless is was wiped down with anti microbial/ anti viral cleaner).

Yes, don't worry, everyone will be tested and self isolated immediately after the announcements! 😁

5 minutes ago, AH173 said:

I’m literally just watching that & thought exactly the same!! They’re handling that mic like nobody’s business! 
we’re talking about an infectious virus here! 🙄

1 minute ago, Lee49 said:

Yes, don't worry, everyone will be tested and self isolated immediately after the announcements! 😁

Sure, Right. 😄

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

The short time I was watching, Dr. Faucci touched his face at least five times, and he grabbed the microphone to adjust its height, too.   More 'Do as we say and not do as we do' moments, for sure. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

According to John Campbell, Britain has scrapped testing because the window for containment has

closed.  The virus is circulating freely amidst the British people.  The British Government acknowledges

that and feels testing to see who has it is not going to help matters.

I wonder if the same can be said for here in the US, as well? :( 

Have US authorities waited too long to test? Has the containment window already closed here, too? :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

So, I watched Trump's News Conference. Interesting times for sure... kings and merchants and ship captains who live in shameless luxury are gathering together to plan how they're going to have the resources to take care of this mess. It almost looks like they're getting ready to say 'Too bad, too bad...' to the people, and the fear and panic on those people's minds is very evident. :popcorn:

I'm waiting for the population to completely lose their minds in the hopes that I might realize I may actually be one of the sane ones after all. :batman:

Edited by Myew

3 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

According to John Campbell, Britain has scrapped testing because the window for containment has

closed.  The virus is circulating freely amidst the British people.  The British Government acknowledges

Have US authorities waited too long to test? Has the containment window already closed here, too? :( 

UK health officials say they believe the actual number of people infected could be between 5,000 and 10,000.

Sorry but the only poem I have is this:

She stood on the bridge at midnight,

Her lips were all a quiver,

She gave a cough,

Her leg fell off,

and floated down the river.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

42 confirmed patients in Georgia.  An elder called me today and stated that there will be no spiritual activities for the coming week.  No field service arrangements and no meetings (Sunday or Tuesday).

Disneyland (CA) and Disney World (FL) are closed; Six Flags in Atlanta is closing today.  

We have no cases in our county yet, but we have a few severely immunocompromised people in our congregation and I am very scared for them. 

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-13-20-intl-hnk/index.html

DHS directs passengers from Europe zone to 13 airports

From CNN's Geneva Sands

Americans returning from all restricted countries, including the European zone, China and Iran, will be required to travel through one of 13 US airports, according to guidance from the Department of Homeland Security. 

The mandate is effective for flights taking off at 11:59 p.m. tonight. Eleven airports have already been in use for travelers from China and Iran.

Those include: 

1. California: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
  2. California: Los Angeles International Airport, (LAX)
  3. Georgia: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
  4. Hawaii: Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL)
  5. Illinois: Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
  6. Michigan: Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW)
  7. New Jersey: Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
  8. New York: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
  9. Texas: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
  10. Virginia: Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD)
  11. Washington state: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)

Miami International Airport and Logan International Airport in Boston will be added to the list.

When people arrive, they will proceed through standard customs processing, then they will then continue to "enhanced entry screening" where they will be asked about medical history, current condition, and asked for contact information for local health authorities, DHS said. 

Passengers will be given written guidance about COVID-19, directed to proceed to their final destination and "immediately home-quarantine."

35 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

That's correct. Only those hospitalised will be actually checked. Hides the numbers I guess. 😉 That last comment about hiding numbers is a joke. 

Edited by Mykyl

Whoa, a CAT on a LEASH with a MASK on! WOW!

BREAKING: A second person who visited President Trump’s private Mar-a-Lago estate last weekend has tested positive for coronavirus, according to emails from Republican party officials to other guests who were present. The president has been near two people in two days who have since been diagnosed as infected.

1 minute ago, Tbs77 said:

BREAKING: A second person who visited President Trump’s private Mar-a-Lago estate last weekend has tested positive for coronavirus, according to emails from Republican party officials to other guests who were present. The president has been near two people in two days who have since been diagnosed as infected.

Ok. One mayor from a Florida city is self quarantining and was tested as featured on MSNBC Deadline White House program last hour.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) broke down COVID-19 cases into 3 categories:
Person Under Investigation (PUI) refers to those who are being investigated for coronavirus.
A Presumptive Positive case is those who have tested positive for COVID-19 at a state or local laboratory but have to have the diagnosis confirmed by the CDC.
Laboratory-confirmed case is when someone has tested positive for the virus at a CDC lab.

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)