JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

9 minutes ago, pnutts said:

There you go again, turtle slow again. Beer has to be 60% ( 120 proof ) to work on the virus. 🤢

Ummmm....60% by volume....:whistling:

What's better than a case of Corona? 

Two! :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Michigan's confirmed cases just doubled again, in less than a day.

2 on Wednesday, 12 on Thursday

and now 25 on Friday.

I'm thinking it's because our state was slow to begin testing for it.

Screenshot_20200313_232656.thumb.jpg.b10e725b8f3a6967b9a3640a27c25ae0.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

8 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Michigan's confirmed cases just doubled again, in less than a day.

2 on Wednesday, 12 on Thursday

and now 25 on Friday.

I'm thinking it's because our state was slow to begin testing for it.

Screenshot_20200313_232656.thumb.jpg.b10e725b8f3a6967b9a3640a27c25ae0.jpg

very informative.  Would love to see the data for my state as well as surrounding states.  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

Hey Richard. Soap works very well in killing the virus. Try liquid soap in your glass. Remember swish it around in your mouth for minimum of 20 seconds for it to work properly. 🤑

Well it is almost Saturday thus off ta bed ah duz goz.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/i-dont-take-responsibility-at-all-for-lack-of-coronavirus-tests-trump-says/ar-BB119ZeI?ocid=spartanntp

The above story discusses the shortage of tests in the United States and how slow they are at testing and how the number of people who have coronavirus in the United States is far higher than the confirmed cases show.

Record of deaths in one day in Italy today.

17:08 GMT - Italy hits one-day record with 250 new deaths

Italy has recorded its highest one-day death toll yet from cases of the new coronavirus, according to official data.

There were 250 deaths recorded over the past 24 hours, taking the total to 1,266, with 17,660 infections overall, a rise of 2,547 since Thursday evening.

As of yesterday Bethel went into lockdown.  No one leaves, no one enters.  Elders here have been meeting through cell phones through a "program" they launch and they all meet once a week.

There certainly was a shift in the winds.  Hope all you friends remain well and steadfast.  We are in this for the ride.  Hope the next stop is the New World.

5 hours ago, Lewis said:

Record of deaths in one day in Italy today.

17:08 GMT - Italy hits one-day record with 250 new deaths

Italy has recorded its highest one-day death toll yet from cases of the new coronavirus, according to official data.

There were 250 deaths recorded over the past 24 hours, taking the total to 1,266, with 17,660 infections overall, a rise of 2,547 since Thursday evening.

Reminds me of the pestilence in Egypt where all the first born died.

I don't know how serious the Corona virus is in other countries. But as of now, Nigeria is already Corona virus free. No casualties reported..

It's strange, because the virus was reported in Lagos- Nigeria most populated city. Same with Ebola back then. I don't think viruses survive in this region of the world probably because of the temperate conditions. So, i guess the special convention would continue..

17 minutes ago, GodlyDevotion said:

I don't know how serious the Corona virus is in other countries. But as of now, Nigeria is already Corona virus free. No casualties reported..

It's strange, because the virus was reported in Lagos- Nigeria most populated city. Same with Ebola back then. I don't think viruses survive in this region of the world probably because of the temperate conditions. So, i guess the special convention would continue..

I heard that it does not survive heat.  Hopefully, when the weather gets warmer, this will pass.

From NY Times, All 50 states except 1 .

image.thumb.png.bfc2b3d9fb2ff81513f14dbc50c91ff9.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, GodlyDevotion said:

Good news indeed!  Your comment is confirmed from this website,  as quoted:

Nigeria Clears All Index Case Contacts

Today, Nigeria’s Health Minister announced that all contacts of the index case of COVID19 in Nigeria have completed their follow up period, and have been certified free to rejoin society. The case was of an Italian who flew into the country on Turkish Airline.

The Minister also disclosed that the index case’s health situation is improving. His Medical Team advises further tests early next week to guide the decision to discharge him.  “The WHO has now declared COVID19 as a pandemic. This is a call for action for increased resources to quickly detect and control this outbreak. It is not a time for fear and panic. We are investing resources to strengthen Nigeria’s response,” Minister Osagie Ohanire added.

Brother Abdon from Zambia gave this report from the other thread, which is good news as well:

Zambia still no case. All spiritual activities going as normal. Though letters were read to remind us of  preventive measures we need to take.

Thus far, there's been one death on the African continent from Egypt, a German citizen.

Egypt records first coronavirus death in Africa

Egypt confirmed the first fatality due to the coronavirus in the country – the first reported death on the continent.

The health ministry confirmed the case involved a 60-year-old German citizen admitted to a public hospital Friday, tested positive the next day and died on Sunday.

Having arrived from Germany a week ago, the tourist refused to be placed in an isolation unit before his condition deteriorated on Saturday with “acute pneumonia”.

The rate of infection on the continent remains low for the time being.

20200314_073157.jpg

Edited by Omoyeme

2 hours ago, GodlyDevotion said:

***   We all hope the Coronavirus can not survive in warmer temperatures, but as our dear sister said- 

1 hour ago, Bluebell said:

tell this to the Australiens and those in Singapore 

My son lives in Columbia South America.  Temps are very warm to very hot there.  A few days ago, Columbian President Iván Duque declared a health emergency across the country due to the coronavirus, which has infected at least nine people in the country.  Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, . .  all countries with warm to hot climates.  

Nigeria’s government responded quickly, intensifying efforts to prevent the spread of the coronavirus after confirming the FIRST case of the disease.

Rapid testing and quarantines were quickly put in place to limit transmission.  
They immediately stepped up screening at points of entry, ensured testing capacity in laboratories and expanded surveillance to follow up with travellers from countries affected by the Coronavirus.  

Edited by Snority

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

3 hours ago, GodlyDevotion said:

This phenomenon was explained to me by a coworker.  Many African nations have experienced potential or real Ebola outbreaks and have practiced excellent hand washing and containment.   They took all of  the WHO and CDC assistance and training over the years to heart and have become better at it than most countries on earth.  
      There is a meme which claims ( falsely) that black people are immune to COVID-19 . It is accompanied by a picture of BLack Panther ( the super hero) and says “ Wakanda Forever!) 

56 minutes ago, Snority said:

They immediately stepped up screening at points of entry, ensured testing capacity in laboratories and expanded surveillance to follow up with travellers from countries affected by the Coronavirus.  

While it's true that Nigeria responded quickly by preventing the virus. Trust me, Nigeria's health system is nothing compared to developed countries. 

Besides, my mom just came back from the United states this monday. And there's no screening at the airport. There's no surveillance on travellers too.

Edited by GodlyDevotion

For the first time in my life the Assembly has been cancelled as of today and Door to door.

Since antibiotics are useless these days.  I make up a health tonic and sip throughout the day.

I boil the jug.

Then in a tea pot I put a few cloves garlic . Chop up ginger and ad a good dash of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Ad manuka honey.

Let steep for a while.  I felt I was coming down a few days. So zinc echinacea and vitamin C tablets helped as well as a hot toddy. 

Stay well friends. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."