JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

China’s Secret To Controlling The Covid-19 Outbreak Is Traditional Chinese Medicine Concoctions Used Alone Or In Conjunction With Antiviral Protocols

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/must-read-china-s-secret-to-controlling-the-covid-19-outbreak-is-traditional-chinese-medicine-concoctions-used-alone-or-in-conjunction-with-antiviral-

(Licorice?)

Edited by JudyO

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

I know liquorice can raise your blood pressure. My doctor used to come visit me when I was in hospital - he panicked one day because he thought I was eating liquorice, then calmed down when he realized i was eating grapes. 

So it's potent.

Remembering though most liquorice is more % sugar than liquorice root. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

28 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I know liquorice can raise your blood pressure. My doctor used to come visit me when I was in hospital - he panicked one day because he thought I was eating liquorice, then calmed down when he realized i was eating grapes. 

So it's potent.

Remembering though most liquorice is more % sugar than liquorice root. 

http://pennstatehershey.adam.com/content.aspx?productid=107&pid=33&gid=000262#Overview

DGL is different..that is what was referred to, I believe..

"Another type of licorice, called DGL or deglycyrrhizinated licorice, does not seem to have the same side effects and is sometimes used to treat peptic ulcers, canker sores, and reflux (GERD)."

Edited by SUNRAY

content

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

“Who do you think put that idea in their head?“ - D. Splane Video

The latest peak prosperity video at 7:45 discussed the washington post simulation.

It shows graphically how social distancing is effective in flattening the curve.

https://youtu.be/efaDuE-XEi4?t=465

Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread exponentially and how to "flatten the curve".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/?utm_source=reddit.com

It uses a population of 200 people to model how the virus spreads.

Moderate social distancing is when 1/4 of the population continues to move around while the other 3/4 don't move.

It amazingly flattens the curve.

SCR106.jpg.3392b0a5367df676ff41591ebc303fb9.jpg

Edited by WilliamChew

Louis Vuitton owners are converting their luxury perfume factory to make hand sanitizer for the French health authorities- free of charge.  China’s factory changed from making iPhones to making surgical masks. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51868756

5 hours ago, Shawnster said:

That is your right, but we should also not be quick to blame the government. We are armchair quarterbacks here and most of us are not in consultation with medical professionals. 

This situation will be easier on those who have more rural property or who live far away from neighbors. At least they will be able to step outside, unlike city or apartments dwellers. 

My step son, who is expecting his first child in July, is a bar manager at Friday's.  This will impact his livelihood. 

I was expecting this sooner, actually.  It makes perfect sense to restrict gatherings in restaurants where food is prepared and consumed. 

We all agree that large groups should be limited or banned, but do we agree on the definition of large group?  Is 25 large?  50? 100? What about a restaurant that seats 200? 

It doesn't help ghat each state, each government, is making their own rules.  We can see the disunity and it troubles us.  Which government is right?  Which is wrong?  Which decisions are draconian and overboard and which ones are too lax and inefficient?  Helps all of us to see the Kingdom is the only perfect solution. 

I feel you. 

I’m just saying as well, that doing so would  inevitably concentrate larger crowds into grocery stores and liquor/convenient  stores, sort of defeating the purpose - lines would be longer, and people would be in closer contact in larger crowds.

The idea is to increase the distancing. The more places are closed, you force them into the open places. 

There simply needs to be a force quaratine, where the government brings supplies to you, or one member per family is allowed out to get supplies. 

Because not allowing people to spread out into other establishments, but allowing more people to concentrate in larger stores standing in long lines on top of each for longer periods of time, doesn’t seem to address the distancing requirement. 

I could definitely be off base, but I’m trying to think of how effective a partial lockdown would be compared to a full lockdown. 

Edited by Bob

21 minutes ago, GraceH said:

Sorry I realise that I should stop the fear mongering. It is not encouraging. I think everyone can see where this is heading. What I meant to say is that -- there are very bright times ahead, not initially but very soon thereafter the initial bumps (GT).

6 minutes ago, GraceH said:

Sorry I realise that I should stop the fear mongering. It is not encouraging. I think everyone can see where this is heading. What I meant to say is that -- there are very bright times ahead, not initially but very soon thereafter the initial bumps (GT).

But the GT starts with the ban. The UN is also closed and not meeting due to the virus. How can the UN ban religion if it's not meeting?

How can nations declare P&S if they can't hold meetings?

Wouldn't the virus have to clear up a bit to do any of that?

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

25 minutes ago, Nirex said:

But the GT starts with the ban. The UN is also closed and not meeting due to the virus. How can the UN ban religion if it's not meeting?

they'll be holding meetings that's what they are built to do - via things called computers. Don't you worry about things young lady - Jehovah puts it into their hearts - even if they are on their deathbeds if Jehovah wants to do it - nothing can stop him.

We can either sing: Give me Courage - or Send in the Clowns - I know which one I'm singing. 

Sounds a bit rough sorry but what I'm trying to say is this world is so far removed from Jehovah it's almost like a circus act.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

24 minutes ago, Nirex said:

2 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

they'll be holding meetings that's what they are built to do - via things called computers. Don't you worry about things young lady - Jehovah puts it into their hearts - even if they are on their deathbeds if Jehovah wants to do it - nothing can stop him.

I mean, Jehovah could even "trick" their minds into making them "think" they've had a meeting and agreement if he wanted to, even if they've never left their houses, and then the ban would go into effect without question.

Jehovah made a king think he was an animal at one point afterall, wouldn't take much to give them all a delusion that they've had the meeting and arrangements.

Let's see how this plays out. I have total trust Jehovah will show his hand to us first ... we are already seeing him work with our elders.

Our job is to have courage and trust and endurance. And help those who are wavering a little.

3 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

http://pennstatehershey.adam.com/content.aspx?productid=107&pid=33&gid=000262#Overview

DGL is different..that is what was referred to, I believe..

"Another type of licorice, called DGL or deglycyrrhizinated licorice, does not seem to have the same side effects and is sometimes used to treat peptic ulcers, canker sores, and reflux (GERD)."

must be the 'liquor' in my liquorice that makes it different hehe.

With rapid changes we can appreciate the hand of Jehovah in our lives.  Changes have been happening quickly since the GB moved to Warwick.  After that move everything sped up.  Do the nations have to sign the Peace and Security Agreement?  Who knows? Its already in their hearts to do so.  Maybe thats all Jehovah needs.  If its in their hearts thats enough confirmation for Jehovah.  The GB always said it would even catch them by surprise.  So, we don't know how Jehovah will manuever things.

Again, Jehovah is a peculiar God. He does not think like humans.  We don't think like him.  Again, we have been speeding through prophecies like never before.

Let us continue to wait.  We are already arriving.

These are exciting times, scary but, exciting.  Lets just encourage one another as we move forward.

4 hours ago, JudyO said:

China’s Secret To Controlling The Covid-19 Outbreak Is Traditional Chinese Medicine Concoctions Used Alone Or In Conjunction With Antiviral Protocols

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/must-read-china-s-secret-to-controlling-the-covid-19-outbreak-is-traditional-chinese-medicine-concoctions-used-alone-or-in-conjunction-with-antiviral-

(Licorice?)

There is no cure for Coronavirus.  Do not be fooled.  Any possible cure is about 1 year away.

There's so much fake news going around here that a website has been setup here to counteract all the fake news out there, and the updated information about the virus.

For example, my bible study posted on her Whatsapp that all the different chains of grocery stores will be closing this upcoming Wed-Sat. It looked like a reputable newspaper. But then I looked under the individual grocery store companies and they posted announcements that, in fact, they are continuing open, and what is being spread online is fake! Seems like people don't have better things to do except make up fake news and hysteria.

- Read the Bible daily 

2 minutes ago, Lieblingskind said:

There's so much fake news going around here that a website has been setup here to counteract all the fake news out there, and the updated information about the virus.

For example, my bible study posted on her Whatsapp that all the different chains of grocery stores will be closing this upcoming Wed-Sat. It looked like a reputable newspaper. But then I looked under the individual grocery store companies and they posted announcements that, in fact, they are continuing open, and what is being spread online is fake! Seems like people don't have better things to do except make up fake news and hysteria.

Yep, its all fake news.  Stick to the Broadcast.

Actually for local news, it's good to keep up-to-date about those matters, ie. grocery stores and any kind of shutdowns, libraries, swimming pools, etc. from our local countries/areas.

- Read the Bible daily 

11 minutes ago, cme said:

There is no cure for Coronavirus.  Do not be fooled.  Any possible cure is about 1 year away.

This is important if you listen to those like Dr. Anthony Fauci - his commonsense reasoning is that it will be 12-18 months before a vaccine. If it's sooner it hasn't been through the vital tests. If anyone says there's a vaccine do not believe them. 

6 minutes ago, Lieblingskind said:

Actually for local news, it's good to keep up-to-date about those matters, ie. grocery stores and any kind of shutdowns, libraries, swimming pools, etc. from our local countries/areas.

In a FB group in a local thread it had photos of an ransacked supermarket - saying it was in my town, when in fact, it was in Australia. A local reporter reported that the virus was infecting my town quoting this thread .. when in fact, it made it worse because it panicked people.  Go to the horses mouth - ask the local supermarkets what their plans are. They will tell you. 

Ransack supermarkets? Here in Australia? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

If it wasn’t the last of the last days, your head would be spinning with all that we’re seeing, let alone where this is heading.

I think this is appropriate- ECC 9:17

“Better to heed the calm words of the wise than the shouts of the one ruling among fools.”

Edited by hatcheckgirl