-Call monitoring for shared line groups
-Update emergency address
-UI enhancement for unknown location notification
-Recover call history, voicemail and recordings
-Bypass waiting room when elevating call to meeting
-UI enhancements for calls forwarded through auto receptionists
-Copy direct phone number
Resolved Issues
-Resolved an issue with video virtual background regarding the video being flipped or rotated
-Resolved an issue regarding removed webinar attendees trying to rejoin and incorrectly receiving message that they cannot rejoin due to declined registration
-Resolved an issue for a subset of users regarding adding additional wildcard domains for authentication profiles
-Resolved an issue for a subset of users regarding error 103033 when trying to join a meeting
-Fixed an issue where the outbound caller ID was incorrect if the user’s default caller ID was set to a phone number that belonged to a shared line group
-Security enhancements
-Minor bug fixes

We had 104 connections at the memorial today using the 100 zoom connections license.

A 2nd meeting room was created on a 2nd computer and the 1st meeting mirrored to it wirelessly via airplay (I couldn't confirm this).

Both meeting rooms use the same zoom license (couldn't confirm this too)

I haven't been able to get more details about it but I thought it might be a useful feature for future occasions where the zoom connections may exceed the 100 connections limit.

21 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

We had 104 connections at the memorial today using the 100 zoom connections license.

A 2nd meeting room was created on a 2nd computer and the 1st meeting mirrored to it wirelessly via airplay (I couldn't confirm this).

Both meeting rooms use the same zoom license (couldn't confirm this too)

I haven't been able to get more details about it but I thought it might be a useful feature for future occasions where the zoom connections may exceed the 100 connections limit.

Why not have your COBE contact the branch and get an Organization zoom account? My hall was having this issue and now with the Organization account we can have 300 participants.

I learned a hard lesson last night on the large meeting upgrade.

When it shows in the admin section that it’s active it is not until you assign it to a specific account. There is no check box near the active designation to tell you which account to apply it to.

I got this a reply from zoom

• Sign in to the Zoom web portal.

• In the navigation panel, click User Management, then Users.

• Locate or search for the user who you want to assign a license to.

• Click Edit at the end of the user entry.

• Select the license you want to assign. Choose the radio button for the size of the license, if it is not automatically selected.

• Click Save.
    The license is now applied to the user for immediate use.

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

March 29, 2021 version 5.6.1 (617)

Resolved Issues
Minor bug fixes
Security enhancements
Resolved an issue regarding gallery view video order with raise hand

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

17 hours ago, Trippyx87 said:

Why not have your COBE contact the branch and get an Organization zoom account? My hall was having this issue and now with the Organization account we can have 300 participants.

I think it may be because there is a greater cost involved in getting an enterprise license.

The zoom website shows that 10 x enterprise 300 user license starts at US$3,500/year. Or US$350/year for one user.

Compare that to the US$149.90/year for 1 x 100 user license which is about 1/2 the cost.😁

In our normal meetings, we only have around 80 connections.

The organization already has a massive corporate account and can make the access available to Congregations ... I heard but cannot substantiate that the organization is not billed "per Congregation" - that the account they have is "flexible" since it is the size it is.

Someone else may have more current or accurate information on this

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

From the jw.org account's forms section the Zoom Online Videoconferencing Instructions (Zoominst,pdf) it clearly states this:

1. Zoom accounts can be obtained by the videoconference organizer directly from Zoom at https://zoom.us, or an account can be obtained through the organization.

Here is where I believe the problem may exist. The organization has made the switch many years ago from the conventional publishing method to the electronic media publishing as the premier way of publishing the Good News. Unfortunately the Body of Elders and the individual publishers in the congregations have not made the switch to digital media and communication at the same speed as mother has. These instructions have been published ever since we went into the virtual world for meetings and the Zoominst.pdf was last updated 1/21. It is those that the Body of Elders appoint as Hosts and Meeting organizers who have the responsibility to set up the congregations meeting environment. Our congregation has been on an organizational license for close to a year and for the memorial we had 200 connections.

As far as costs are concerned we donate and trust that the Governing Body spends the donations the way it is best to advance the Good News. It is not ours to reason why and how, we are doing what the FDS presents us with choices and select.

Edited by More4me2do

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

1 hour ago, More4me2do said:

1. Zoom accounts can be obtained by the videoconference organizer directly from Zoom at https://zoom.us, or an account can be obtained through the organization.

Thanks for the excerpt.👍

I'm guessing that those congregations that can't afford a zoom license can get one via the organization. Or those congregations that need a 300 user license can get it through the organization too.

If a congregation needs only a 100 connections user license it seems cheaper to buy the standard license.

Unless as Brother John says they are not billed per user or congregation. But I suspect its not so as if it were so then the organization would just tell all congregations to get the zoom license from them.

I just found out that the secure login to jw.org has the .jwpub files for s-179 and zoominst documents.

Just sent them to my avs attendant team.

Sweet!

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

We normally need only the 100 connection account. But with special events such as special talk, memorial, CO visit we need a few more. So for those one time events we get the large meeting addon which is $50 extra for 500 connections. Its month to month so you can get it for only the months you need it. 

6 minutes ago, LRJW said:

Just out of curiosity, if you are among the ones who do NOT avail themselves of the organization's account, which allows for 300 connections, is that because you feel that it would add a greater financial burden on the organization?  Or is there another particular reason?  

It is a good idea to ask for it. We thought so. Then the body of elders changed their minds. We have the organizational account for a few months now and it is a real advantage for us.

1 hour ago, LRJW said:

Just out of curiosity, if you are among the ones who do NOT avail themselves of the organization's account, which allows for 300 connections, is that because you feel that it would add a greater financial burden on the organization?  Or is there another particular reason?  

We had been using Zoom for a while before the organization made it available and just didn't feel it was worth the hassle of setting it up again and making the friends use a different link. In some cases that would mean going to some of the homes of older friends to help them get it set up again on their computer and risk exposing them again to COVID. All that just to save a few dollars. Also in our case the congregation isn't paying for it. A brother is paying for it on his own. 

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

We had been using Zoom for a while before the organization made it available and just didn't feel it was worth the hassle of setting it up again and making the friends use a different link. In some cases that would mean going to some of the homes of older friends to help them get it set up again on their computer and risk exposing them again to COVID. All that just to save a few dollars. Also in our case the congregation isn't paying for it. A brother is paying for it on his own. 

An existing account can be migrated to the organization account. The meeting ID and pass code would remain the same. All optional settings will remain the same. The organization takes care most of the settings so you won't have to confirm the required settings. So you wouldn't be starting over. The only thing that would change is the meeting invite link because it has jworg in the link.

Edited by TylerD

3 hours ago, felito said:

Does anybody use OBS Studio with Zoom ?

I've used obs studio successfully to record a zoom meeting.

But it couldn't record the sound from my own microphone for a zoom meeting as I get acoustic feedback when I include my own microphone in obs studio.

However, flashback express records a zoom meeting well (including my own microphone)