JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - February 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1137 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

22 hours ago, Tortuga said:

"Peter, put down the knife. That's not a knife, this here's a knife. Now go for the other ear..."

🤣

Peter on the boat, during the storm: “Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?“

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

14 hours ago, JohnFromOz said:

Lots of American brothers have come to Australia for this project I’m pretty sure Jesus will speak American. I don’t think an “Aussie” Jesus would be taken seriously!

Maybe Australian brothers will play extras or some minor roles.

Or maybe a villain role, like Judas Iscariot? 😜😂

I'm probably biased from all the Bible movies and other more serious films I've seen, but I'd love the whole cast to have either British (RP)/ Aussie or preferably Middle Eastern/ Mediterranean accents.  American accents take me out of the story every time - like the sister speaking for Mary after she found Jesus in the temple... I'm not a fan.

Edited by Hope

34 minutes ago, Hope said:

I'm probably biased from all the Bible movies and other more serious films I've seen, but I'd love the whole cast to have either British (RP)/ Aussie or preferably Middle Eastern/ Mediterranean accents.  American accents take me out of the story every time - like the sister speaking for Mary after she found Jesus in the temple... I'm not a fan.

I would like to hear Middle Eastern and Mediterranean accents.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

55 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

I would like to hear Middle Eastern and Mediterranean accents.

There is a series of Bible story films that uses actors from Italy and the Middle East -- they sound so authentic, it's really nice to hear it!  This is one of them - "Joseph".  There are a few key Brits (Ben Kingsley is Potiphar) and Joseph is Aussie (Paul Mercurio)... but the majority of the cast is Italian.  They all look and sound "right".  It's good!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113483/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

I have noticed that a lot movies cast a British guy for the villain.  So I will expect a British Judas.

But what I really want to know is, that since this will be a long term project, can the brothers grow a beard.  :beard:  Keep it authentic, and they did want the best!

(I can hear the mods sighing in despair!.  😖  Sorry mods, it must be the lockdown getting to me :beard3: 

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone noticed around minute 30, br. Jackson explains account of Jesus in John ch. 6.

But in this explanation actually two different accounts of Jesus are mixed, one in Matt 15 where he feeds 4,000 people then takes a boat to Magadan, with the account in John chapter 6 where he feeds 5,000 and walks on water to Capernaum.

In br. Jackson’s version of John 6, Jesus walks on water to Magadan, then treks to Capernaum on foot.

Only John 6 never mentions Magadan. Magadan only appears in the separate account in Matt 15 where Jesus took a boat there.

I've once again went carefully through "Jesus - The Way", chapters 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 just to be sure.

These are definitely two different accounts. I've taken some text parts from "Jesus - The Way" chapters here:

MATTHEW 14:13-21  MARK 6:30-44  LUKE 9:10-17  JOHN 6:1-13

Jesus and his disciples went to Capernaum and head for an out-of-the-way place east of the Jordan River beyond Bethsaida. There will soon be about 5,000 men, and he will feed them all.

MATTHEW 14:22-36  MARK 6:45-56  JOHN 6:14-25

He the dismisses the crowds and instructs his disciples to get back in their boat. They are to head toward Bethsaida and then on to Capernaum. As for Jesus himself, he withdraws to the mountain to pray alone that night.

After some time Jesus observes the boat from a distance. The waves of the sea are being whipped up by a strong wind, and the apostles are ‘struggling to row, for the wind is against them.’ (Mark 6:48) Jesus descends from the mountain and begins walking over the waves toward them.

Soon they reach the plain of Gennesaret, south of Capernaum. Now Jesus is back on the western side of the sea, in the area of Capernaum.

JOHN 6:25-71

Jesus teaches in a synagogue in Capernaum.

MATTHEW 15:21-31  MARK 7:24-37

After having issues with the Jews, he heads for the regions of Tyre and Sidon in Phoenicia, many miles to the northwest.

MATTHEW 15:32–16:12  MARK 8:1-21

Then he goes to region of Decapolis (east side of Sea of Galilee). There he makes another miracle feeding 4.000 men.

After Jesus sends the crowds away, he and the disciples cross by boat to Magadan, on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee. Here, Pharisees accompanied by some of the sect of the Sadducees try to test Jesus, asking him to display a sign from heaven.
Realizing what their motives are, Jesus replies his famous words: “When evening falls, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is fire-red,’ and in the morning, ‘It will be wintry, rainy weather today, for the sky is fire-red but gloomy.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but the signs of the times you cannot interpret.” (Matthew 16:2, 3)

Then Jesus tells the Pharisees and Sadducees that no sign will be given them except the sign of Jonah.
Jesus and his disciples get in a boat and head toward Bethsaida on the northeast shore of the sea.

Promised Land.png

I wondered about this too.  I tried to see if I was missing something that Bro Jackson presented but looking at the accounts it seems that after feeding the 4000 Jesus went to Magadan and after feeding the 5000 he went to Capernaum.  The walking on water took place after feeding the 5000.  Can we get to grips with this presentation?  I'm sure I must be missing something here...🙃

1 minute ago, The German said:

I was just going to mention the section we referred to as Part 2 was Br. Meyer interviewing the overseer's wives and Br. Losch giving the talk 'Never Give UP".

jwb_E_202101_09_r720P

On 2/2/2021 at 9:35 AM, Doug said:

It's going to be wonderful to see and hear Jesus use the Divine name !

I wonder if the production will limit Jesus'  dialogue to only what the inspired record has, or will they embellish?

Jesus was rather efficient with the spoken word.

Want to hear him slap-down the Pharisees !!!!    :popcorn:

Yeah the scene where he upends the tables at the temple... and fashioned a whip.... look out!

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jscotchie said:

I have a feeling we have gotten a glimpse of the Jesus from the upcoming video series from the pictures used in lessons 15-17 of the new book. Just a hunch :) If it is, I think they chose well.

But they are stilling looking for actors, so i dont think they have started filming the series yet.

But they are stilling looking for actors, so i dont think they have started filming the series yet.

They haven’t, but they have started to produce concept art. On the other hand they will look for actors during the entire production, I suppose.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

They are still looking for some actors. And as Thesauron mentioned, they will constantly need new actors; just think of how many people would need to be portrayed in a comprehensive video series about every aspect of Jesus’ life recorded in the Gospels. From what I’ve heard, filming for the series begins in October, so I definitely think they would have Jesus and his twelve apostles picked out already.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 5:37 AM, Catalyst said:

I wondered about this too.  I tried to see if I was missing something that Bro Jackson presented but looking at the accounts it seems that after feeding the 4000 Jesus went to Magadan and after feeding the 5000 he went to Capernaum.  The walking on water took place after feeding the 5000.  Can we get to grips with this presentation?  I'm sure I must be missing something here...🙃

Bro. Jackson didn't say that Jesus went to Magadan in John 6. He said that he went to "this general area", referring evidently to the western shore of the Sea of Galilee. He only put Magadan on his diagram to show where the places were relative to each other. That's my take on it.