JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - February 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1126 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's time to open this topic.

2 days to go ...

Link:

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&issue=202102&langwritten=e

ASL:

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&issue=202102&langwritten=asl

So we are looking forward for 3 or more talks of the AM.

Talks of brothers Lett, Sanderson and Cook.

What brothers from GB prepared for us?

New understanding?

Or ...

Talks for our encouragement?

Edited by Bosko

32 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Anyone passing out chocolate? 

I just had some nice Mexican chocolate made into a mousse. No, you can't have any..:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

31 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I just had some nice Mexican chocolate made into a mousse. No, you can't have any..:lol1:

I’m eating chocolate as I read this. @Dustparticle you can’t have mine either lol

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I had a glass of chocolate milk ...

4 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Anyone passing out

... I have to say, chocolate has never made me pass out

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

"For the Broadcast is yet for its appointed time, And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it! For it will without fail come on television. It will not be choco-late!" - Habakkukish 2:3

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

18 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

I just ate some chocolate and I burped  it and taste good too.

:lol1:just had chocolate now too

you inspire me, brother Glenn

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

22 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

"The Good News According to Jesus"

Oh boy, this is special.

"'The Good News According to Jesus' will show all the events of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, in the order in which they happened; and in as much of the rich detail as current research and bible understanding will allow." -- Brother Stephen Lett.

Blimey, this is going to be a big job, if that's the case.

"The Good News According to Jesus"

Oh boy, this is special.

ALL events of Jesus’ life in a video series form! This is a major undertaking. A step up from the books we have written about Jesus’ life.

Such gorgeous concept art. And now we all know what’s been brewing in Australia.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Goodness Gracious is that the thing for our convention?!? Geez are we’re gonna get a JW Studios Opening like marvel studios 😂 

I can see it starting out with the Old Pictures from the Creation movie-go through the old dramas and pictures from the old books, fast forward to the Noah and David Videos...pan through the old live action Videos...Side pan to the newer videos from the conventions. JW Broadcasting videos. The new movies we have gotten from the last 5 convention. Add some of the art from the pure worship book...Full Zoom out to JW Studios 😂

Honestly Music that could be used could be Song 72 or 140 (Vocal) Version Instrumental.

Im so exited...but no spoilers till tomorrow.

On 1/30/2021 at 9:34 PM, Bosko said:

It's time to open this topic.

2 days to go ...

Link:

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&issue=202102&langwritten=e

ASL:

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&issue=202102&langwritten=asl

So we are looking forward for 3 or more talks of the AM.

Talks of brothers Lett, Sanderson and Cook.

What brothers from GB prepared for us?

New understanding?

Or ...

Talks for our encouragement?

Thanks brother it’s on already.

On 1/30/2021 at 9:34 PM, Bosko said:

Maybe it is not new (or a clarification) but Br. Cook definitely stated that there is NO scriptural indication that any people will be converted to the truth after the Great Tribulation starts.  The separating work is going on now and the results will be known by Jesus at the beginning of the GT.  This is even more emphasis on the preaching and teaching assignments we have been give.

57 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Maybe it is not new (or a clarification) but Br. Cook definitely stated that there is NO scriptural indication that any people will be converted to the truth after the Great Tribulation starts.  The separating work is going on now and the results will be known by Jesus at the beginning of the GT.  This is even more emphasis on the preaching and teaching assignments we have been give.

Yes, this was a clarification on our understanding of Jesus’ parable about the sheep and the goats in Matthew 25.

Brother Cook’s words at 9m 43s are more specific than I had visualised:

”Many goatlike ones will perish early in the great tribulation when the governments of this world turn on and destroy false religion.”

I had thought that people would mostly distance themselves from religion to save themselves at this point.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2019603#h=10

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

38 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Brother Cook’s words at 9m 43s are more specific than I had visualised:

”Many goatlike ones will perish early in the great tribulation when the governments of this world turn on and destroy false religion.”

I had thought that people would mostly distance themselves from religion to save themselves at this point.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2019603#h=10

I’ve noticed these words too. New understanding!

as the Slave has been saying that the destruction of BG doesn’t necessarily mean people were killed

we just have to keep on the watch!

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

So The "The Good News According to Jesus" isn't like "Become Jehovah's Friend" in the sense a new video will be posted every so often on JW.org or will it?

Will we only see these videos first at the assemblies and convention?