JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Why Some Coke Bottles Have Yellow Caps Right Now

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1132 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Have you ever noticed that some Coca-Cola bottles have yellow caps this time of year? It’s not just a random change in design — there is an important reason why you see these yellow caps on certain bottles of Coca-Cola in the spring.

These special bottles with the yellow tops actually contain Coca-Cola that is kosher for Passover. Passover is a Jewish holiday that begins in March or April, depending on the lunar calendar. Also known as “Pesach,” this week-long celebration is a time for Jewish people to reflect on the story of Moses leading their people from slavery in Egypt. 

During Passover, many observant Jews abstain from leavened foods in recognition of the Jewish people who fled the pharaoh and didn’t have time to wait for the bread to rise, or leaven. So, during the week of Passover, foods that are made with wheat, oats, spelt, barley and rye are to be avoided. For some Jewish families, even the crumbs of leavened foods must be swept up and completely removed from the pantry and cabinets.

In addition, many Ashkenazi Jews do not eat corn or corn by-products during Passover. For thousands of years, it was prohibited for Jews to eat corn, rice, legumes and seeds during this time. 

That is why Coca-Cola rolls out their yellow-capped bottles during this time of year in certain stores. The Coke in the bottles with yellow caps is made without high-fructose corn syrup and without alpha-amylase, which is made from barely. Instead, these special Coca-Colas are made with sucrose or cane sugar.

https://www.simplemost.com/why-some-coke-bottles-yellow-caps/?partner=scripps&au=scrippssyn&partner-sub=WEWS&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=scripps&utm_content=WEWS

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 11:02 PM, EccentricM said:

That's really cool, had no idea. I've never witnessed this myself mind you here in the UK. Maybe it's in certain areas.

I noticed the first time I went to the UK that Coca Cola tasted better over there. Chocolate too.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

2 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

I noticed the first time I went to the UK that Coca Cola tasted better over there. Chocolate too.

Now those statements shock me. Most from the US say to me they don't like our chocolate because it's too milky (which I like). And I thought the cola wouldn't be seen as nice because of less sugar content.

I do recall though people trying our McDonalds and saying it tasted "more normal", lol.

10 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Now those statements shock me. Most from the US say to me they don't like our chocolate because it's too milky (which I like). And I thought the cola wouldn't be seen as nice because of less sugar content.

I do recall though people trying our McDonalds and saying it tasted "more normal", lol.

I do remember the chocolate being more milky. I actually liked it. And I do remember that about McDonald’s.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.