JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2022 Year Text Nominations...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 917 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Apocalipse 22:17. .. "... deixe quem quiser tirar a água da vida de graça.

this was from 1991 The spirit and the bride are saying come whoever is thirsty come, whoever wants to drink the water of life for free 😃

(Revelation 21:4) . . .. "The former things have passed away”

or, perhaps

(Revelation 21:1) "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away"

Hey - one can hope :yes: 

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

47 minutes ago, Qapla said:

(Revelation 21:4) . . .. "The former things have passed away”

or, perhaps

(Revelation 21:1) "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away"

Hey - one can hope :yes: 

Or REV 21:5 "Look! I am making all things new... These words are Trustworthy" [Footnote]

• 1 month later...

I like this scripture for a year text.

But as for me, I will keep on the lookout for Jehovah. I will show a waiting attitude for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me -  Micah 7:7

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 months later...

Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake.”—MATTHEW 5:11.

Because although I would love for it all to be done by next year, we have to survive much more to come first. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Fear God and Give Him Glory

“Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of the judgment by him has arrived, and so worship the One who made the heaven and the earth and sea and fountains of waters.” (Rev. 14:6, 7)

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

"Say to those who are anxious at heart: “Be strong. Do not be afraid. Look! Your own God will come with vengeance, God will come with retribution. He will come and save you.”" - Isaiah 35:4

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I really liked brother Jamie's comments about the theme of faith and I agree that Isa 28:16 “No one exercising faith will panic.” would make a beautiful year text.

Some similar scriptures might be

James 1:6 "But let him keep asking in faith, not doubting at all..." 

2 Cor 13:5 "Keep testing whether you are in the faith; keep proving what you yourselves are."

James 1:3 "...this tested quality of your faith produces endurance."

Hebrews 10:38 "My righteous one will live by reason of faith"

See? If I guess lots of scriptures I might accidently hit the right one. 🙂    I really agree with Jamie though ISAIAH 28:16

Edited by Californiamama

accidently bumped the keyboard before I finished

1 hour ago, Californiamama said:

See? If I guess lots of scriptures I might accidently hit the right one.

You can have 31,000 guesses, but no more than that..:lol1:

I would love Psalm 27:1: “Jehovah is my light and my salvation. Whom should I fear? Jehovah is the stronghold of my life. Whom should I dread?”. This was Daniel’s favourite Psalm in this years Bible Drama 😁. It has helped him in difficult times and it will certainly help us in the time to come.

11 minutes ago, ijsvogel said:

I would love Psalm 27:1: “Jehovah is my light and my salvation. Whom should I fear? Jehovah is the stronghold of my life. Whom should I dread?”. This was Daniel’s favourite Psalm in this years Bible Drama 😁. It has helped him in difficult times and it will certainly help us in the time to come.

I like Hebrews 13:6 “Jehovah is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”

(Revelation 16:14) . . .They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons . . . and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth

or

(James 1:16) . . .Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. . .

Edited by Qapla

In view of the polarizing effect of the pandemic:

(1 Corinthians 10:24) 24 Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person.

On 6/12/2021 at 7:29 PM, Hinata said:

My first guess/wish for the 2022 year text:

(Psalm 34:18) 18 Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted;
He saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Excellent choice...:whistling: