JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2021 Governing Body Update #6

Go to solution Solved by trottigy,

YESS! 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

This would be great if we got worldwide direction (or local branch) to have it shown at next week's (or soon) midweek meeting! 

After looping video for about 5 times, feeling great, now looping with eyes of faith video. 

Hopefully will be out next week for 1st part of drama. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Not gonna lie - I took that point about the GB and bethelites meeting again as an indication that vaccinated Witnesses will be allowed to meet in certain parts of the country/world as Government allows.

That's what I liked the most about this update.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:10 AM, WilliamChew said:

So encouraging to see:

01:29 Governing body having an in-person meeting

01:40 So nice to see the bethel family eating together and having WatchTower study together.

All this because they are vaccinated.:D

With no distancing or mask wearing which demonstrates the effectiveness of the vaccines as well. Makes me eager to see my bothers and sisters in person again.

Edited by Bob

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Not gonna lie - I took that point about the GB and bethelites meeting again as an indication that vaccinated Witnesses will be allowed to meet in certain parts of the country/world as Government allows.

That's what I liked the most about this update.

I took it the same - especially when they showed us a LARGE auditorium with bethelites sitting close together (as they wee all vaccinated).

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 minute ago, trottigy said:

I took it the same - especially when they showed us a LARGE auditorium with bethelites sitting close together (as they wee all vaccinated).

That gives me hope as well that the annual meeting will be close to normal, if not totally normal absent of new Government restrictions being imposed.

22 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Things I learned:

1. Vaccines DO slow down the spread

2. THIS is NOT over

3. IF we are vaccinated we CAN assemble again (but we have not been given the OK at the halls - yet!), but they are meeting together again at Bethel

4. Bro Herd is almost 87 years old

5. Jehovah LOVES older ones and isn't discarding them (Ps 71:9)

6. The Chariot has not stopped

Can you add one more item to the list to make it 7 instead of 6?

just asking....:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

51 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yeah... in France, it's already starting to talk again about a lockdown... we aren't back in KH yet... I don't expect it for this year :(

22 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

Keep in mind Bethels are closed environments - no visiters and no outside visiting. The environment around us is different.

Direction has been recently published on how to reduce the spread of disease in Halls, how to reduce high touch areas, where to place signage, and encouragement for sick friends to stay home.

No way that comes out of we aren’t meeting again at some point. 

Edited by Bob

20 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

Keep in mind Bethels are closed environments - no visiters and no outside visiting. The environment around us is different.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I was going to bring this out. 

Thanks 

23 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

Yes, this is an important difference.  Are bethelites going to the supermarket, going out to work, travelling on public transport, or mixing with the general public.  Are there school-aged children mixing with other children, then going home to their families.  No.  But we are.  So what they do in Bethel, and what we do is two different things. 

If all we did was stay at home and the only time we went out was to go to the Kingdom Hall, then maybe we could meet again now.  But that is not the way it is.  

But we're getting there.  

Edited by On the huh

3 hours ago, Dages said:

98% vaxxed in Warwick

50% in all Bethels...

Encouraging informations about construction

19k dead... :( 

Here in the United States, more than 98 percent of our Bethel family have chosen to get vaccinated.

I took this to mean 98% in all Bethel in the US not just Warwick and 50% when you add in international Bethels.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Oh and the direction even says temperature checks and screenings aren’t necessary for those entering. That direction would be practically useless if zoom has permanence to it.  BUT… things change depending on government restrictions so I get that point. 

On 7/16/2021 at 12:05 PM, AH173 said:

I'm glad you mentioned this. I was going to bring this out. 

Thanks 

Well, the point of vaccination is that after you’ve had the shot, it doesn’t matter if the other person is vaccinated or not because it’s designed to protect you from infection form carriers of the virus. 

So if you’re vaccinated, you’re protected from infection. And that’s why the mask and distancing mandates were dropped country wide essentially after enough people got the shot. 

Doesn’t mean the pandemic is over of course, it just means you’re protected.