JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We have never seen weather like that!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58552651

Going to the MooLoo ( sounds like a song )

Cows can be toilet trained in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, researchers have said.

In the study, which took place in Germany, scientists trained the animals to use a designated toilet. Their urine was then collected and treated.

The ammonia from cows' urine turns into the greenhouse gas nitrous oxide when it's mixed with soil.

Worldwide, about 10% of all greenhouse gas emissions from human activities comes from cattle.

Researchers attempted to teach 16 cows to use the toilet, dubbed the "MooLoo", at a farm owned by the Research Institute for Farm Animal Biology.

The animals were placed in the MooLoo pen and were rewarded with food for urinating. After this, they were then placed in an area next to the MooLoo and rewarded for walking into the pen and urinating.

2021-09-14_07h19_20.png

Climate change: Young people very worried - survey

A new global survey illustrates the depth of anxiety many young people are feeling about climate change.

Nearly 60% of young people approached said they felt very worried or extremely worried.

More than 45% of those questioned said feelings about the climate affected their daily lives.

Three-quarters of them said they thought the future was frightening. Over half (56%) say they think humanity is doomed.

Two-thirds reported feeling sad, afraid and anxious. Many felt fear, anger, despair, grief and shame - as well as hope. 37% show reluctant on having children

Young people were asked their views on the following statement: The future is frightening: 75%

«I don't want to die, but I don't want to live in a world that doesn't care for children and animals»
(Young person answering survey)

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-58549373

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

41 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Climate change: Young people very worried - survey

A new global survey illustrates the depth of anxiety many young people are feeling about climate change.

Nearly 60% of young people approached said they felt very worried or extremely worried.

More than 45% of those questioned said feelings about the climate affected their daily lives.

Three-quarters of them said they thought the future was frightening. Over half (56%) say they think humanity is doomed.

Two-thirds reported feeling sad, afraid and anxious. Many felt fear, anger, despair, grief and shame - as well as hope. 37% show reluctant on having children

Young people were asked their views on the following statement: The future is frightening: 75%

«I don't want to die, but I don't want to live in a world that doesn't care for children and animals»
(Young person answering survey)

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-58549373

This... is scary. Reminds me Luke. 21:26 - which fullfillment will be full during GT 😕

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Expanded Sunday night part 2.

South Western Ontario, near north and up to Ottawa ( just missing Toronto ) is under Severe Storm Watch/Warning since 5:30 PM and just about 8 PM Fergus, Arthur and area is under Tornado possible Now!

Earlier it was over by swath from Lake Huron thru Mt. Forest ( 10 mile north of Arthur ) Shelburne and Barrie north to Parry Sound.

Storm expected here by 10-11 PM EDT.

The weather network again mentioned non stop lightning in London on Sunday evening.

"You Light Up My Life":whistling::whistling:  :whistling:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

1 hour ago, pnutts said:

10:30 pm Almost exactly 48 hours from Sunday and it is storming again. More lightning bolts but not strobe lights like Sunday.

My wife says someone is bowling again.

That's amazing that you're having such violent weather. Is that normal for Toronto? 

Sidebar- I want to go to Toronto sooooo bad! I'd love to live there for a while. 

Back to topic .....🙂

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Sidebar- I want to go to Toronto sooooo bad! I'd love to live there for a while. 

From Canadian cities I like Quebec City, Toronto looked like Melbourne  Mehh..:D

Now, I should mention something about the weather to stay on topic...LOL 

Hope is not raining in Toronto today ....:lol2:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Rain has ended. No the weather is weird this year. It has been commented on by UN weather and even politicians that the weather  has 4Xs more storms than 50 years ago costing 7Xs the amount of damage.

I live 2 hours west of TO, although my oldest son lives there. No desire to live there.

About Quebec including the city. If you don't speak French especially Quebequa French then you may find yourself snubbed.

Reminds me of Line from My Fair Lady.

The French don't care what you say as long as you pronounce it correctly. Same scene as when he says about Americans doing opposite in not being able to speak English for years.👽

Oh and scene was during a rain event in London,  imagine that.❣️

Edited by pnutts

2 extra words

12 hours ago, pnutts said:

About Quebec including the city. If you don't speak French especially Quebequa French then you may find yourself snubbed.

I was just fine because my wife speaks French, my part was  just pointing fingers which donuts I want... and nodding  while saying Oui..Oui...LOL  :popcorn:

It did not rain while I was there...:D 

I did not know following: (learned something new)

You may be surprised to learn that Canada is outranked only by the United States as the country with the highest number of tornadoes. Tornadoes shouldn’t be confused with hurricanes; the two phenomena are very different.  A tornado is produced by a violent storm and is accompanied by lightning, hail and torrential rain.  Tornadoes make a rumbling or whistling sound and occur most often during the summer in southern Alberta, in Manitoba and Saskatchewan, in southern Ontario and Quebec, in the interior of British Columbia, and in western New Brunswick. They can move at speeds over 100 kilometers per hour and the winds can be strong enough to rip a home off its foundations.

https://www.belairdirect.com/blog/natural-disasters-in-canada

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 5 months later...

Queensland Australia is suffering immense flooding.  Even the critters are hitching a ride on their enemy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-27/queensland-severe-weather-rain-flooding-bom-warnings/100864896

152324623_Queenslandflood.jpg.150977b3c3d04f3fa3e44cd9bc26afc1.jpg

Wivenhoe Dam has risen from 58 per cent on Thursday to more than 160 per cent today.  They plan to release more water unfortunately for the sodden Brisbane and surrounding area.  Schools are closed and people are being told to stay indoor and avoid unnessary travel.  There have been deaths, unfortunately due to drivers being caught in flooding roads, and unfortunately even a rescue personnel has died.  

The weather bureau says the water level at Gympie (just north of Brisbane) has reached 22.8m this morning. That is 1 meter higher than what was seen in 1999 making it "the most significant event we've seen there since 1893".

A farmer in the Lockyer Valley estimated it could take years for his soil to recover from this weekend's floods.

Farmers in the region were preparing to plant their vegetable crops, which meant the paddocks were all bare. As a result of that a lot of topsoil has been lost.

1381518121_qldflood.jpg.405f12c1d1e147521a84a0a2ed66c25e.jpgbrisbane.jpg.6929025deeda169de32eb2de5a05a2ca.jpg

In Portugal there s no rain🙈

its a catastrophe 😵💫 

no winter. Always sunny and warm weather > 20 C Celsius every day

spring has arrived earlier 🤦‍♀️

dams are low less than half full😞

something is definitely wrong

never seen in Portugal 

We have broken heatwave records here on the Western side of Australia.  Record after record has fallen this year, and we've had a run of hot hot days over 35. No rain, nothing. Though it's technically Autumn on Tuesday, can't wait to actually feel cool and see rain again.

Over in the East, they are experiencing La Nina effect, which increases rainfall.  Part of the climate drivers for the region.  But over here in the West, we have Mediterranean-type weather patterns.  Rain in winter, dry in summer.

Between the weather, war and supply chain issues….next up-food shortages. 🥴

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

The flooding in South East Queensland is now spreading south to northern NSW is becoming critical, as several rivers are now lakes. In Brisbane, an emergency is developing as a large crane on a pontoon has broken its mooring and May slam into buildings along the river.

With 500 flood rescues, there are nearly 1000 waiting rescue. As of 2:15am this morning, Wivenhoe Dam was sitting at more than 185 per cent capacity.

6F03F933-F02F-49EE-A561-12AF1D7B2F77.jpeg.235a119f9fac11e27d74bfbea664acac.jpeg3E067C5D-BFC8-455B-916C-CB9D735FE247.thumb.jpeg.4b12ce061781bfada9f60a2e2f13d595.jpeg
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-28/south-east-queensland-weather-flooding-bom-brisbane-evacuations/100866270

42 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

The flooding in South East Queensland is now spreading south to northern NSW is becoming critical, as several rivers are now lakes. In Brisbane, an emergency is developing as a large crane on a pontoon has broken its mooring and May slam into buildings along the river.

With 500 flood rescues, there are nearly 1000 waiting rescue. As of 2:15am this morning, Wivenhoe Dam was sitting at more than 185 per cent capacity.

6F03F933-F02F-49EE-A561-12AF1D7B2F77.jpeg.235a119f9fac11e27d74bfbea664acac.jpeg3E067C5D-BFC8-455B-916C-CB9D735FE247.thumb.jpeg.4b12ce061781bfada9f60a2e2f13d595.jpeg
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-28/south-east-queensland-weather-flooding-bom-brisbane-evacuations/100866270

I was reading about this earlier this morning.  It's terrible up there.  7 people have died.

Prayers for our brothers and sisters in those areas. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

While the East coast suffers through deadly floods, the West coast has suffered through the hottest summer on record. Although the La Nina this year is responsible for the weather patterns we are seeing, this year the extremes are unprecendented on both sides of the country.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/weather/wa-weather-perth-states-south-officially-suffers-through-hottest-summer-on-record--c-5876815?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=perthnow_update_2022-3-01&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sendgrid+wan_newsletter

The extent and height of flooding in Queensland is pictured by a quad bike hanging from powerlines after the waters receded.

There is more rain forecast for the area later in the week. 

floods - Receding water is only the 1st step for restoration: it will take many days for hard-to-access locations & in areas where the network has been badly damaged. #qldfloods. Quad bike in powerlines in Gympie

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/australia/danger-not-over-yet-for-queensland-as-76-year-old-man-brings-horror-death-toll-to-nine-c-5895744?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=perthnow_update_2022-3-02&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sendgrid+wan_newsletter

28 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

The extent and height of flooding in Queensland is pictured by a quad bike hanging from powerlines after the waters receded.

There is more rain forecast for the area later in the week. 

floods - Receding water is only the 1st step for restoration: it will take many days for hard-to-access locations & in areas where the network has been badly damaged. #qldfloods. Quad bike in powerlines in Gympie

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/australia/danger-not-over-yet-for-queensland-as-76-year-old-man-brings-horror-death-toll-to-nine-c-5895744?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=perthnow_update_2022-3-02&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sendgrid+wan_newsletter

Is that pic for real?  The wire doesn’t seem to be dipping that much and it’s only caught by a handle??

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

14 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Is that pic for real?  The wire doesn’t seem to be dipping that much and it’s only caught by a handle??

It's for real.  Energex is the Electricity Utility, from their tweet: image.png.31764bb7378b885a0826819283e5351c.png

Unfortunately, looters are going around on kayaks doing their evil work 😠

These are huge floods.  The premier of NSW has called in a 1 in 1,000 year event.  Queensland is still cleaning up, but the slow moving system is devestating the northern part of NSW, and is slowly moving south towards Sydney - which already had flooding last week and is sodden.  

If it wasn't for the major news around the world about Ukraine, it would have made headlines worldwide.  Australia has always had floods and bushfires.  We are aware of the risks, and have good SES volunteers and responses from other emergency departments.  BUT this is an entirely different flooding event.  It came so quickly that everyone had been surprised.  Not just riverine flooding, but all over the sodden landscape.  The stories we are hearing are truly heartbreaking and almost unbelievable (cue quadbike pic).  

Anyone hear yet how our brothers are faring?  We saw a lot of evacuations via helicopter from rooftops, because people were trapped by the rapidity of the floods.  So very sad...

LISMORE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 28: (EDITORS NOTE: Image is a digital [panoramic] composite.) A general view of Lismore captured from the flood line at New Ballina Road at 18:30 on February 28, 2022 in Lismore, Australia. Over 15,000 are predicted to be flood-damaged after the Brisbane River peaked at 3.85 metres. (Photo by Andrew Sibley/Getty Images)

19 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

It's for real.  Energex is the Electricity Utility, from their tweet: image.png.31764bb7378b885a0826819283e5351c.png

Unfortunately, looters are going around on kayaks doing their evil work 😠

You guys have strong wires over there. Here, if you look at the wire funny it starts to sag. 😂

That is some crazy stuff!