JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We have never seen weather like that!

27 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

These are huge floods.  The premier of NSW has called in a 1 in 1,000 year event.  Queensland is still cleaning up, but the slow moving system is devestating the northern part of NSW, and is slowly moving south towards Sydney - which already had flooding last week and is sodden.  

If it wasn't for the major news around the world about Ukraine, it would have made headlines worldwide.  Australia has always had floods and bushfires.  We are aware of the risks, and have good SES volunteers and responses from other emergency departments.  BUT this is an entirely different flooding event.  It came so quickly that everyone had been surprised.  Not just riverine flooding, but all over the sodden landscape.  The stories we are hearing are truly heartbreaking and almost unbelievable (cue quadbike pic).  

Anyone hear yet how our brothers are faring?  We saw a lot of evacuations via helicopter from rooftops, because people were trapped by the rapidity of the floods.  So very sad...

LISMORE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 28: (EDITORS NOTE: Image is a digital [panoramic] composite.) A general view of Lismore captured from the flood line at New Ballina Road at 18:30 on February 28, 2022 in Lismore, Australia. Over 15,000 are predicted to be flood-damaged after the Brisbane River peaked at 3.85 metres. (Photo by Andrew Sibley/Getty Images)

So, couple things. 
You Aussies have some great city names! 😉

Another news item with the word “unprecedented “. It’s everywhere for everything!

Saw that spelling of “Hiway” lol

And finally, where is the branch and or Jesus location relative to all of the flooding?

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, GeordieGirl said:

The extent and height of flooding in Queensland is pictured by a quad bike hanging from powerlines after the waters receded.

There is more rain forecast for the area later in the week. 

floods - Receding water is only the 1st step for restoration: it will take many days for hard-to-access locations & in areas where the network has been badly damaged. #qldfloods. Quad bike in powerlines in Gympie

I can just hear Crocodile Dundee now :

"That's not a flood. 

THIS HERE'S a flood."

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

16 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Saw that spelling of “Hiway” lol

And finally, where is the branch and or Jesus location relative to all of the flooding?

Hiway 😁That's a new one for me too.  But I guess authorities are trying to shorten it for the sign.

The "rain bomb" is heading further south to Sydney, and that is where the Bethel is.  As far as I know (brothers from Sydney can correct me), the Bethel is far from major flood-prone areas and rivers.  There is a creek behind the property though.  Sydney's dam is due to spill as it is at 99% capacity.  That is going to flood the area in Western Sydney downstream - but Bethel is not in that part of Western Sydney.  The floods have spanned 400-500 kms above the Queensland/NSW border, and 500km below - so an area affected by flooding is close to 1000kms (621 miles).  And it is moving south to Sydney and even further.

• 1 month later...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/millions-must-cut-water-use-in-drought-stricken-southern-california-01651025770?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Millions must cut water use in drought-stricken Southern California

Southern California’s gigantic water supplier took the unprecedented step Tuesday of requiring about 6 million people to cut their outdoor watering to one day a week as drought continues to plague the state.

“We don’t have enough water supplies right now to meet normal demand. The water is not there,” Metropolitan Water District spokesperson Rebecca Kimitch said. “This is unprecedented territory. We’ve never done anything like this before.”

Me- so, stop watering your lawns, wash your car by hand using only a couple gallons of water only in a 5 gallon bucket with a long handle brush, reduce toilet flushes by 50%, quit filling up swimming pools, stop drinking so much coffee! Anything else?No Way Reaction GIF by Hello All

15 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Me- so, stop watering your lawns, wash your car by hand using only a couple gallons of water only in a 5 gallon bucket with a long handle brush, reduce toilet flushes by 50%, quit filling up swimming pools, stop drinking so much coffee! Anything else?

Most people think of just the Los Angeles city and suburban area of California but California has a huge agriculture area that is affected by water restrictions.

California has a variety of water restrictions, depending on where you live. They recommend to use a commercial car wash that recycles water instead of washing your own vehicle. Shut off hoses even if they have a nozzle, that reduces the risk of the hose bursting and wasting water. Take shorter showers or don't shower alone. Replace landscaping so it doesn't require as much water. Drink wine instead of water. Don't hose off sidewalks and driveways.

That's the list I gave my wife...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

22 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

That's the list I gave my wife...:D

My wife had a few water saving tips to add to the list. Don't do laundry and don't wash the dishes....hmmmm🤔

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

Yeah, learned it from this! 😎

I don't want to sidetrack this topic but if you plan to visit California, Google "Is California called Cali".

Edited by Tortuga

A long time ago, like in the 1800’s, a research party was sent westward. They came back with the conclusion that the west did not have enough water to sustain densely populated areas. 
Apparently, no one listened. Thus, we are in this mess. Only Jehovah can fix it, I think, at this point. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 1 month later...

In the Pilbara and the Kimberley, it is the dry season, which starts about March/April till about October/November.

This is the current weather situation up there: 

The Bureau of Meteorology has warned up to 200mm of rain could smash the region before Tuesday ..... (today is Monday)

A flood watch is in place for Port Hedland, Bidyadanga, Shay Gap, Wallal Downs, Whim Creek and Wickham with unseasonal heavy rain forecast to fall from Exmouth to the south-west of the Kimberley on Monday.

More than 158mm of rain has already fallen across the warning zone since Sunday morning and the Bureau says isolated downpours of up to 100mm could hit across the region.

Several roads are already closed ......

Flooding has closed several roads, including this stretch 10km from Whim Creek.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/severe-weather/severe-weather-warning-flash-flooding-heavy-rain-forecast-to-smash-kimberley-and-pilbara-c-6985612?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=perthnow_update_2022-5-30&utm_campaign=sendgrid+wan_newsletter&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I was just leaving work when a huge wind gust took out a jacaranda tree near our office building. Luckily there wasn't anyone nearby or directly under the tree.

It was at one stage Australia's biggest jacaranda tree. I guess it is no longer. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-30/singleton-set-to-lose-australia27s-largest-tree-crown/5056672

Edited by Pabo

https://www.hngn.com/articles/242457/20220531/brazil-landslides-91-dead-many-more-missing-heavy-rains-trigger.htm

Brazil Landslides: At Least 91 Dead, Many More Are Missing as Heavy Rains Trigger Disaster Zone

Brazil has been hit hard in recent years now 32,000 are at risk of landslides, I hope our dear brothers are ok, at least we know the GB is working hard to help all who need it, only with Jehovah's help could they be able to keep up with all that is happening through out the world, our donations when pooled together times 8 million plus goes a long way to help support the world wide work, even a small amount of donations do add up!

• 3 weeks later...

The U P of Michigan is under a tornado watch till 1 am Thursday.

Wisconsin has been hammered by thunderstorms, guess a few tornados have been on the ground.

And it is moving north and east.

I’m watching live weather on YouTube, Ryan Hall Ya’all. 

Scary what’s going on. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Just got off watching these live weather reports from around the world and it just really seems wild that in many nations, but in various regions within these nations, are being affected by storms that bring heavy downpours, damaging winds and the large hail that in some video's it looks like snow landed on the streets and on the ground.  This morning on YouTube, there is this video I guess it's the person who put it out "Earthpedia" this one was on a tornado that hit the providence of Guanazhou, China today.  The other one, hit Voronezh, Russia.  Last week it was fire in Spain, fire in Greece, more violent storms in other regions of Europe, South America, USA (Paradise Valley Flood of a 1,000 yrs/Wyoming/Montana and Boo Boo and Yogi's playground. Now completely shut down.   All I know that these weather occurrences are "signs or markers" that this world is headed towards the Great Tribulation.

The people are in fear and dismay.  I just hope that when some of us worldwide can go back in the ministry, that many will take note, and come to know the true God and that he is not the cause of the weather or man made disasters that have been intensifying since 1914, but particularly in our day! 

(this video from YOUTUBE dated June 16, 2021/China)

https://youtu.be/tWe4RoCLv9A

• 4 weeks later...

This is a nice online article on main page. 
https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/ruining-the-earth-bible-meaning-hope/

I like that it references a quote from June 15th about Yellowstone. So current!!!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”