JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2021 Governing Body Update #8

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 859 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Still not showing up for me. I was hoping to listen on my drive this morning 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

5 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I know there are publishers who like "surprises" but I prefer as much advance information (even warning) as possible.  I need the focus, I need to be prepared and I need the expectation.  I am sorry if my view is opposite to yours.

When we used to attend physical Regional or District Conventions in person, I would schedule our family to go to one of the earliest dates to listen carefully.  Then I could return to my home area and be able to volunteer and not be upset because I missed a single word.

When at the zoo, I want as much signage or identification as I can get.  I do not want to walk into an enclosure and say, "I wonder what is in here?"  just as the world's rarest bird flies by unbeknownst to me.  So for some of us, advance prep is all important...💗

This is easy, please just let us watch the food as it’s prepared.  We don’t need to be “ girding our loins “ in advance for a nice message about the new year text. 😀

7 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I know there are publishers who like "surprises" but I prefer as much advance information (even warning) as possible.  I need the focus, I need to be prepared and I need the expectation.  I am sorry if my view is opposite to yours.

When we used to attend physical Regional or District Conventions in person, I would schedule our family to go to one of the earliest dates to listen carefully.  Then I could return to my home area and be able to volunteer and not be upset because I missed a single word.

When at the zoo, I want as much signage or identification as I can get.  I do not want to walk into an enclosure and say, "I wonder what is in here?"  just as the world's rarest bird flies by unbeknownst to me.  So for some of us, advance prep is all important...💗

Or, start a spoiler thread or take it to PM. This will let us enjoy a welcome surprise 😊

3 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

In future, please let people stumble upon the surprise themselves. Some of us here haven’t had a chance to watch this yet.

Thank you!

At least he didn't share what it was. 

Last year was the same way

Edited by Shawnster

15 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I prefer as much advance information (even warning) as possible.  I need the focus, I need to be prepared and I need the expectation

Fully agree with your sentiments. This is one reason I check JWT, to be informed. 

Hebrews 10:25 …. encouraging one another...even more as you see the day drawing near.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

The 2022 year text is announced at this update. 

Thanks.Tidbits like this are like the aroma of a fine meal. It whets the appetite.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Dages said:

So... reduced to hunger... ? :D 

My stomach is roaring for spiritual food like a maned young lion...🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Thanks.Tidbits like this are like the aroma of a fine meal. It whets the appetite.

Agreed- I love it. "Spoil" (to me) implies that somehow something isn't as good anymore, maybe even unfit for consumption. I don't see how that can happen to any of our spiritual food.

Is it the surprise? I suppose.. but this isn't a child's party. I'm not a fan of surprises, myself, so I guess it takes all sorts. We "put up with one another", right? 🥰

46 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I liked to be surprised with the conventions but not with the annual meetings or Gilead graduations 🙂

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

10 minutes ago, Hope said:

I'm not a fan of surprises, myself, so I guess it takes all sorts

I don't care for surprises but I also don't mind waiting for something. If I see a topic like this one I usually check the website first, if the video isn't posted on the website then I may decide to avoid reading the topic. 

9 minutes ago, Susan Cook said:

Well, it’s not even in the “ What’s new “ yet.. why not wait until the evening to start dropping breadcrumbs

Nothing wrong with a welcome surprise..

It's all in what you like. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Some people like surprises, some don't. Who should be accommodated? Who should be happy,  regardless and chill about it? 

Hmmm... 🤔  All of us, perhaps? 

10 minutes ago, Hope said:

It's all in what you like. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Some people like surprises, some don't. Who should be accommodated? Who should be happy,  regardless and chill about it? 

Hmmm... 🤔  All of us, perhaps? 

Does 1 Cor 10:24 leave us in a stand off?

Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person.

Who wins the tie breaker? 😂

Edited by trottigy

8 minutes ago, Hope said:

Agreed- I love it. "Spoil" (to me) implies that somehow something isn't as good anymore, maybe even unfit for consumption. I don't see how that can happen to any of our spiritual food.

Is it the surprise? I suppose.. but this isn't a child's party. I'm not a fan of surprises, myself, so I guess it takes all sorts. We "put up with one another", right? 🥰

I like “surprises” when it comes to our conventions. The best convention in my opinion was the remain loyal to Jehovah with the great tribulation videos and Hezekiah drama. I so badly to know the details of the drama that I watched a “leaked” one online as well as the GT basement videos. I felt so bad for doing this because I know I shouldn’t have. 
The GT tribulation videos and drama were so exciting that if I would have just waited until the actual convention to see them I know I would have enjoyed the convention more. The “element of surprise” would have made those videos more exciting. To this day it is a big regret of mine. Ever since then I told myself that I would never “spoil” another convention again, which is why I don’t go in the convention threads on here until I’ve actually seen the convention. For me I just enjoy them more when I don’t know the details. I know going to the extreme of watching the videos is different, though.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.