JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2021 Governing Body Update #8

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 881 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:58 AM, Susan Cook said:

In future, please let people stumble upon the surprise themselves. Some of us here haven’t had a chance to watch this yet.

There is a link for We Always “Give Thanks to God for You” Don't click it if you want to be surprised.

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

There is a link for We Always “Give Thanks to God for You” Don't click it if you want to be surprised.

Floyd, the link for this update #8 was not on the What’s New page of JW.ORG before the message about the years text was posted…  hence my initial comments.

anyway, it’s old news and certainly not a surprise😂

Edited by Susan Cook

1 hour ago, Susan Cook said:

Floyd, the link for this update #8 was not on the What’s New page of JW.ORG before the message about the years text was posted…  hence my initial comments.

Keep in mind that the GB update may not have been available to YOU at the time but may be available to others. Web site content has to be synced between multiple servers. So it will be available to some people before others. And we are not going to wait for everybody to see it before discussing it. It's best not to open such an obvious topic if you have not seen it yet because people are going to be talking about what was in the video. It's best to not open the topic We Always “Give Thanks to God for You” if you have not seen the video yet.

1 hour ago, Susan Cook said:

Post #3 said its now up on the servers. Post #4 announced it contained the year text. So the update was available to some before the message about the year's text was posted here.

22 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Our local needs part for this coming week 11 Oct was changed from pandemic fatigue to Update #8.  I think it's more pressing, and maybe like the last times everyone will have this too?

here in Portugal too. Changed to Update 8 😉 food on proper time

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 10/9/2021 at 3:02 PM, Floyd said:

Post #3 said its now up on the servers. Post #4 announced it contained the year text. So the update was available to some before the message about the year's text was posted here.

“On the servers” does not equate to being in the What’s New section on JW.ORG

On 10/2/2021 at 3:54 PM, runner92 said:

As someone who is skeptical regarding the shots, I must say the numbers he provided were very comforting. 

Me too. However I would note that brothers who enter bethel etc are required to be in good physical health, plus they get cared for exceptionally well, they are cooked good food which is organically grown and much more, which would seem to indicate (to me) they are a very healthy demographic and not necessarily the best example to compare with the general public/ brotherhood. Time will tell and I will wait a little longer. We would never want to go “beyond the things written”.

7 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

“On the servers” does not equate to being in the What’s New section on JW.ORG

Well it was for some people. That's how we knew the year text was released. Not everybody has the same experience at the same time. I am trying to help you see that. I am in this industry and know how things work. Even the letters we elders get on the web site are not available to all elders at the same time. Please understand that some are going to see things before you and you will see things before others.

40 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Please understand that some are going to see things before you and you will see things before others.

I have noticed that new items are not always posted in the "What's New" section first. Recently several items have been available in the Library section before they were posted in the What's New section.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Well it was for some people. That's how we knew the year text was released. Not everybody has the same experience at the same time. I am trying to help you see that. I am in this industry and know how things work. Even the letters we elders get on the web site are not available to all elders at the same time. Please understand that some are going to see things before you and you will see things before others.

Cheers tips

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I have noticed that new items are not always posted in the "What's New" section first. Recently several items have been available in the Library section before they were posted in the What's New section.

Mainly Sing Out Joyfully to Jehovah songs and Bible Books in MP3 aren't always in "WHATS NEW" for a few days.

Me too. However I would note that brothers who enter bethel etc are required to be in good physical health, plus they get cared for exceptionally well, they are cooked good food which is organically grown and much more, which would seem to indicate (to me) they are a very healthy demographic and not necessarily the best example to compare with the general public/ brotherhood. Time will tell and I will wait a little longer. We would never want to go “beyond the things written”.

Not all food is organically grown. But it is true that the food at bethel, wherever you go on earth, is always of high quality.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I’m finding the whole vaccine subject very conflicting. 

im in a part of Australia that has had very limited cases and am currently pregnant too so do not feel comfortable with the vaccine. The government here has used all sorts of coercion including free beer or winning money for those who have been fully vaccinated and the advice on vaccines has chopped and changed. It has all made me feel very uncomfortable.   I personally know people who have ended up with severe adverse reactions to the vaccine and of course as Bro Lett mentioned there’s so much conflicting info that it’s hard to know what is truth. 

Earlier updates simply stated that each of us have to make our own choice, now I feel like we are one step away from being told we should get it and are in the wrong from a biblical standpoint if we do not. 

So now I feel as if I’m doing wrong in the governing body & Jehovahs eyes if I do not get vaccinated. Is this a fair conclusion to make? 

35 minutes ago, GoldAussieGirl said:

I’m finding the whole vaccine subject very conflicting. 

im in a part of Australia that has had very limited cases and am currently pregnant too so do not feel comfortable with the vaccine. The government here has used all sorts of coercion including free beer or winning money for those who have been fully vaccinated and the advice on vaccines has chopped and changed. It has all made me feel very uncomfortable.   I personally know people who have ended up with severe adverse reactions to the vaccine and of course as Bro Lett mentioned there’s so much conflicting info that it’s hard to know what is truth. 

Earlier updates simply stated that each of us have to make our own choice, now I feel like we are one step away from being told we should get it and are in the wrong from a biblical standpoint if we do not. 

So now I feel as if I’m doing wrong in the governing body & Jehovahs eyes if I do not get vaccinated. Is this a fair conclusion to make? 

Did you had covid already?

if you did do an antibody level test 

if high enough you can discharge the vaccine in good conscience 

remember NO ONE from bethel had covid

they were in lockdown all the time

they had no choice sort of speaking 

Some of us out here unfortunately had it. Many may have ever lasting immunity for coronavirus.

i m a vet. I had Covid-19 in January 2020. Yes no typo. 2020. I still have immunity 🤗

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

37 minutes ago, GoldAussieGirl said:

Congratulations, Shannon! :)

I don't reach that conclusion after watching the updates. The Slave has always said the vaccine is a personal choice (unless mandated by the authorities). They will never say we should get it because they don't have that authority.

The last reports are simply providing reliable information that shows that the vaccine is very effective and quite safe. That will help many who are undecided because they have heard conflicting information. But if you prefer not to get vaccinated due to being pregnant, that's still your choice. You are not being disobedient.

The Bible principle is that life is sacred. So what Jehovah expects us to do is to evaluate the pros and cons of the vaccine versus the consequences of contracting covid. Both options involve some risks. As long as we show respect for the sanctity of life that's ok with Jehovah.

36 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Did you had covid already?

if you did do an antibody level test 

if high enough you can discharge the vaccine in good conscience 

remember NO ONE from bethel had covid

they were in lockdown all the time

they had no choice sort of speaking 

Some of us out here unfortunately had it. Many may have ever lasting immunity for coronavirus.

i m a vet. I had Covid-19 in January 2020. Yes no typo. 2020. I still have immunity 🤗

No I haven’t had covid :) 

Hi Shannon,

I would recommend talking to your midwife or obstetrician. I have read reliable information from hospital maternity hospitals in Australia, and there is very good advice. Give it prayerful thought and ask our loving father to help you make the right choice for you. And do your research from medical sources for peace of mind. Below is a link to help you decide from the health Australia government website. 
I wish you the best for your pregnancy and try not to stress, dear sis. 
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2021/08/covid-19-vaccination-shared-decision-making-guide-for-women-who-are-pregnant-breastfeeding-or-planning-pregnancy-covid-19-vaccination-shared-decision-making-guide-for-women-who-are-pregnant-breastfeeding-or-planning-pregna_0.pdf

34 minutes ago, carlos said:

Congratulations, Shannon! :)

I don't reach that conclusion after watching the updates. The Slave has always said the vaccine is a personal choice (unless mandated by the authorities). They will never say we should get it because they don't have that authority.

The last reports are simply providing reliable information that shows that the vaccine is very effective and quite safe. That will help many who are undecided because they have heard conflicting information. But if you prefer not to get vaccinated due to being pregnant, that's still your choice. You are not being disobedient.

The Bible principle is that life is sacred. So what Jehovah expects us to do is to evaluate the pros and cons of the vaccine versus the consequences of contracting covid. Both options involve some risks. As long as we show respect for the sanctity of life that's ok with Jehovah.

Thank you :) 

I guess here I feel here is is being mandated of sorts - certain jobs require it and our government has really been pushing it to the point that have eased restrictions only for the vaccinated. Other parts of Australia have been in hard lockdown we have mostly avoided it all here. 

I want to make sure I’m doing it for the right reasons, of course worried about what effects it may have on me but I also have to show love for Jehovah & my neighbour in my decision. 

Thank you for easing my mind I will pray about it further 

Edited by GoldAussieGirl

3 hours ago, GoldAussieGirl said:

I personally know people who have ended up with severe adverse reactions to the vaccine

Just a thought - do you know anyone who did NOT have any adverse reactions?

Sometimes we have the tendency to dwell on the negative. If we know 100 people who have been vaccinated and 3 of them had severe adverse reaction it would mean the the overwhelming majority of them did not have those reactions - but, we may tend to only worry about those three instead of looking at all 100 when making our decision.

On the other hand, if we know 100 people who have been vaccinated and more than half of them had adverse reactions - that would definitely be a matter of serious concern.

Since you have valid medical concerns, it would be best to discuss those concerns with your doctor and make your decision based on that qualified medical advise - not on how many people you know who had good or bad experiences when they got the vaccine.

Prayer would also be an essential ingredient in your decision.

Don't let others pressure you in either direction and don't pressure yourself by dwelling on extremes of the pro/con vaccine issue.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

In future, please let people stumble upon the surprise themselves. Some of us here haven’t had a chance to watch this yet.

Thank you!

Please don’t wait. I don’t mind finding surprises or updates here. The sooner i know the sooner i will run to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, GoldAussieGirl said:

I personally know people who have ended up with severe adverse reactions to the vaccine

I am so sorry to hear that and sincerely hope they are doing better. Hopefully the worse is over and now they don't have to worry about getting Covid.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 10/2/2021 at 1:10 PM, Doug said:

Interesting for sure.  He gave us a unique insight of a control group.  The statistics are those of the Bethel families and Special Full Time Servants.  These friends are (were) sheltering-in-place with minimal contact outside of the group.

Yes this could be said to be a control group but it is also exactly how it has happened in our congregation. Everyone who has gotten severely sick and 2 brothers who have died in our congregation have been unvaccinated.

I know that our brothers are told to report to Bethel who is sick along with all the statistics that go with it.

I'm assuming that this is required reporting from congregations all over the world and that the brothers at Bethel have a well informed tabulation concerning the vaccine worldwide of JWs.

So the brothers do have real life numbers.