JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

February Broadcasting - Annual Meeting Part 2

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 793 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

45 minutes ago, Sofia said:

*** jv chap. 29 pp. 660-661 “Objects of Hatred by All the Nations” ***
In an effort to break the spirit of the Witnesses, the camp commander at Sachsenhausen ordered August Dickmann, a young Witness, to be executed in the presence of all the prisoners, with Jehovah’s Witnesses out front where they would get the full impact. After that, the rest of the prisoners were dismissed, but Jehovah’s Witnesses had to remain. With great emphasis the commander asked them, ‘Who is now ready to sign the declaration?’—a declaration renouncing one’s faith and indicating willingness to become a soldier. Not one of the 400 or more Witnesses responded. Then two stepped forward! No, not to sign, but to ask that their signatures given about a year earlier be annulled.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1101993040&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=73

So some were asked to sign a 2nd time,, ok 

46 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

Why are there always people here who are complicating what was said and clinging to unnecessary details?  Beware of negative conversations and doubts. One should not question what was said, complain about the food, I have observed this in several threads and I am concerned, we need to be vigilant here too! 

Understanding who may have compromised in a talk featuring integrity is not an unnecessary detail… which talk are you listening to?

Edited by Susan Cook

52 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

Why are there always people here who are complicating what was said and clinging to unnecessary details?  Beware of negative conversations and doubts. One should not question what was said, complain about the food, I have observed this in several threads and I am concerned, we need to be vigilant here too! 

Jonadab.. please provide a scriptural support that we should never question what was said in order to attain a proper understanding on a matter. I look forward to a prompt and thoughtful response.

thank you.

50 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

I'm saying in a general way for example the slave says Adam and Eve will not be resurrected will have eternal death, here someone comes and says "We don't know" the slave warns us the end is at the doors here someone comes and says "We don't know" the destroyed at Armageddon they won't be resurrected here comes someone and says "We don't know"
  That's like throwing sand in the eyes is disheartening! That's what I'm referring to, this is a nuisance! we must not question, we must follow the information even if at the moment we do not understand! Noah did exactly what was asked of him, without question, he did just that! .... I'm calm, but we don't just need to look in front of us, we need to be careful with the snakes on the ground.

1 minute ago, Jonadab said:

I'm saying in a general way for example the slave says Adam and Eve will not be resurrected will have eternal death, here someone comes and says "We don't know" the slave warns us the end is at the doors here someone comes and says "We don't know" the destroyed at Armageddon they won't be resurrected here comes someone and says "We don't know"
  That's like throwing sand in the eyes is disheartening! That's what I'm referring to, this is a nuisance! we must not question, we must follow the information even if at the moment we do not understand! Noah did exactly what was asked of him, without question, he did just that! .... I'm calm, but we don't just need to look in front of us, we need to be careful with the snakes on the ground.

Fair enough… then please clarify Bro lett’s talk… the whole point was no signature then all of a sudden people are recanting,,  it was less than clear what exactly was happening here

Definitely not an occasion for you to start jumping up and down in righteous indignantion

5 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Where did Bro Lett indicate they compromised earlier?

I suggest watching broadcasting again, and maybe again and again. There was no confusion for me. After that please tell us how the related experience strengthens your faith. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I suggest watching broadcasting again, and maybe again and again. There was no confusion for me. After that please tell us how the related experience strengthens your faith. 

‘ watching the broadcasting ‘…. How does this help understand anything? Which month new world explorer? There are 86 episodes to choose from 

What an encouraging annual meeting. I especially liked the resurrection talk as I have a few family members I can’t wait to see again. 

Also the focus on keeping on the watch, living our lives as if it will come tomorrow and keeping busy in Jehovah’s organisation, yet still planning for the future (ramapo and construction projects etc). 

Thank you brother Willian for the transcripts too, I really enjoyed reading them. 

41 minutes ago, Susan Cook said:

It’s not spam if you’re trying to press somebody to clarify on an important point, but I get what you’re saying Shawnster 

It's spam because the owners and operators say posting multiple times in a row is spam. 

You might not agree

That is your right.  It is, however, a request going forward. 

https://jwtalk.net/topic/1450-jwtalk-community-membership-policy/

1) No Spamming. Do not excessively communicate the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish, or make non-constructive posts. If a comment is solely promotional in nature, we will remove it from the site.

4 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Doesn’t answer the question does it… I’ve watched it 3 times fyi

I found this life story a bit revealing: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1200274023/83/0

it would seem release was not immediate. 

check the keyword Nazism and subheading Jehovahs Witnesses in publication index. There are a bit more details about compromise and even translation of the infamous declaration. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

24 minutes ago, Michał said:

I found this life story a bit revealing: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1200274023/83/0

I found this life story very impressive, especially how the to older sisters this younger sister supported even when she signed in a moment of weakness. An d how the sister later showed great courage 

8 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

‘ watching the broadcasting ‘…. How does this help understand anything? Which month new world explorer? There are 86 episodes to choose from 

Dear Susan, we are discussing here ... .... .... ...... please see the title of the topic. (No need to watch all 86) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Arumuga Raja said:

Brother Curzans told that the Good News According To Jesus Series may help us to teach the resurrected ones. 

My question is Will there be electronic devices in the paradise earth?🤔🤔🤔🤔

Definitely that made me think as well.., well, we need devices to watch video, so technology is real possibility in this case. 

Perhaps? :P

2 minutes ago, Arumuga Raja said:

O irmão Curzans disse que a série Boas Novas Segundo Jesus pode nos ajudar a ensinar os ressuscitados. 

Minha pergunta é: Haverá dispositivos eletrônicos no paraíso terrestre? 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔

what's left of Armageddon we will use in the new world, so we will certainly have technology available, such as electronic devices, graphics, tractors etc 😄

2 hours ago, Jonadab said:

what's left of Armageddon we will use in the new world, so we will certainly have technology available, such as electronic devices, graphics, tractors etc 😄

But if the resurrection took 500 years, we may need divine intervention to keep the devices operating (and their batteries).

44 minutes ago, jwhess said:

But if the resurrection took 500 years, we may need divine intervention to keep the devices operating (and their batteries).

According to the Scriptures

we may hope things to last

035F3E6B-A636-43AA-9F08-8F09DD6E3009.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”