JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

February Broadcasting - Annual Meeting Part 2

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 792 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

8 hours ago, Michał said:

I found this life story a bit revealing: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1200274023/83/0

it would seem release was not immediate. 

check the keyword Nazism and subheading Jehovahs Witnesses in publication index. There are a bit more details about compromise and even translation of the infamous declaration. 

Thank you brother Michal for that research. The article brought out how she was only in the truth for a few months. It still leaves you wondering if they ever would have released her. How can  you expect people like that, without compassion and a heart, to keep a promise..but when she got back home she proved her love and  integrity to Jehovah without a doubt..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

25 minutes ago, Dove said:

Thank you brother Michal for that research. The article brought out how she was only in the truth for a few months. It still leaves you wondering if they ever would have released her. How can  you expect people like that, without compassion and a heart, to keep a promise..but when she got back home she proved her love and  integrity to Jehovah without a doubt..

Still, what a risk she took...

Even though it was almost an aside, learning that two people who compromised were still in the camp a year later really made an impression on me. Compromising our faith does not bring genuine relief. Things won't get better if we give up so there's no point in giving up. On the other hand, Jehovah comforts and strengthens us to endure all things, and makes a way out. He always does this, we've all experienced it multiple times. What we have to do is endure.

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

According to the Scriptures

we may hope things to last

035F3E6B-A636-43AA-9F08-8F09DD6E3009.jpeg

This is a good example of the miraculous work done using the Holy Spirit. 

Jesus will have a larger task.  Several hundred years instead of 40 years. Tens (or 100s) of billions of people and electronic devices instead of 3 million.  Spread over an entire globe instead of a few thousand square miles.  Working with many who are not God's servants instead of a dedicated nation.

The miracles can be done but this would be on a lot larger scale...💗

11 hours ago, MCTDonna said:

I found this life story very impressive, especially how the to older sisters this younger sister supported even when she signed in a moment of weakness. An d how the sister later showed great courage 

I thought about that too, how it may well have been Jehovah putting it into the hearts of these 2 German sisters, showing the younger sister that He had not abandoned her and not holding her action against her. He read her heart and could see many reasons that we don't see for why she did what she did. He then gave her the opportunity to show her true repentance and integrity by letting her go home and carrying out what she accomplished for the rest of her faithful life..

I was thinking of how many who are disfellowshipped and show repentance, come back loving even more because they were forgiven much..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

But if the resurrection took 500 years, we may need divine intervention to keep the devices operating (and their batteries).

We have nothing to worry about, one of Jehovah’s attributes is POWER, therefore as you rightly mentioned we may indeed need some help in this regard from our loving Father himself. He infuses power in imperfect humans to do his will, he created and maintains whole physical Universe, so keeping devices “alive” is no challenge to him. But also we may be surprised how quickly new world technology develops (for good use) with his blessing and support. There will be plenty scientifically inclined people resurrected, they will catch up on current science fast (reverse engineering) and even them can help developing better technology to support GRAND TEACHING taking place during resurrection. We are about to enter the most exciting period of human existence… let’s just hang on for a bit longer! 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

17 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Looks like the prison authorities didn't keep their promise to release them when they signed the letter. The prison authorities were probably contemptious of those who compromised.

That’s true..remember reading that somewhere..and respected the ones that didn’t compromise..I even saw it in a movie too where the Nazi’s said that very thing

I think they get ideas for movies from real life experiences; but it’s a lot like people saying similar things to us at the door..’I’m not interested but I respect you people for doing this work”

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

They were brand new and the first thing he did was drop them and break them...a pattern of things to come...🙂

They were replaced under best “warranty” on the spot. Immediate replacement no questions asked. 🤪

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

They were brand new and the first thing he did was drop them and break them...a pattern of things to come...🙂

The only man recorded in the Bible as breaking all 10 commandments at the same time...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

Brother Curzans told that the Good News According To Jesus Series may help us to teach the resurrected ones. 

My question is Will there be electronic devices in the paradise earth?🤔🤔🤔🤔

Very likely. Although considering how electronic devices are constantly being updated and having new features added, the brothers are going to have to take over the copyrights and make the updates themselves!

2 hours ago, Digging for Silver said:

Moses had a couple of tablets that lasted for quite some time.... 😂

Long before that, Adam had an apple. But he wasn't too up-to-date; he only had one byte.

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

This is a good example of the miraculous work done using the Holy Spirit. 

Jesus will have a larger task.  Several hundred years instead of 40 years. Tens (or 100s) of billions of people and electronic devices instead of 3 million.  Spread over an entire globe instead of a few thousand square miles.  Working with many who are not God's servants instead of a dedicated nation.

The miracles can be done but this would be on a lot larger scale...💗

I’ve always imagine that if I survived Armageddon, the first thing I would do is call/text all my family and friends in the truth if my phone is still working 🙂

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

43 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

I’ve always imagine that if I survived Armageddon, the first thing I would do is call/text all my family and friends in the truth if my phone is still working 🙂

And post in Jwtalk if the website is still up :D 

So we will apparently ‘drink the milk of the nations’  even when the nations are no more. I hadn’t thought of it like that. (insight says “nations” usually refers to Gentile nations.)

Isa 60:16 And you will actually drink the milk of nations, At the breast of kings you will nurse; And you will certainly know that I, Jehovah, am your Savior, And the Powerful One of Jacob is your Repurchaser.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, ChrisC said:

So we will apparently ‘drink the milk of the nations’  even when the nations are no more. I hadn’t thought of it like that. (insight says “nations” usually refers to Gentile nations.)

Isa 60:16 And you will actually drink the milk of nations, At the breast of kings you will nurse; And you will certainly know that I, Jehovah, am your Savior, And the Powerful One of Jacob is your Repurchaser.

Yes, Ezekiel 39:8-10 talks about us using gog’s weapons to light fires.

“‘Yes, this is coming, and it will be done,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. ‘This is the day I have spoken about. The inhabitants of the cities of Israel will go out and make fires with the weapons—the bucklers* and shields, the bows and arrows, the war clubs* and lances. And they will use them to light fires+ for seven years. 10 They will not need to take wood from the field or gather firewood from the forests because they will use the weapons to light fires.’

“‘They will take spoil from those who despoiled them and plunder from those who had been plundering them,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Can I just say, the pronunciation of “Australasia” is somewhat different to how we say it down under.

We don’t say “Austal”-“Asia” as almost two separate words, as was said numerous times in the Jesus video package.

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/pronunciation/english/australasia

12 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

The individual talks are now available separately.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/categories/VODPgmEvtAnnMtg

Thanks. I looked for these about 30 minutes ago but I guess I didn’t scroll far enough.

On 2/7/2022 at 10:47 PM, Dages said:

Maybe now is the time for us to consider it literally...

That statement really gave me something very new to ponder over.  I have listened to talks since 1960 and though I have served Jehovah for many years this talk really made me think.

9 hours ago, Sheep said:

Long before that, Adam had an apple. But he wasn't too up-to-date; he only had one byte.

Should have called for technical support (to Jehovah) when his wife broke down LOL :lol1:

Instead he went along believing broken promises.

7 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

The individual talks are now available separately.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/categories/VODPgmEvtAnnMtg

Oh that’s so great!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 2/8/2022 at 6:47 AM, Dages said:

Maybe now is the time for us to consider it literally...

Zephaniah and Habakuk also show we will be hidden

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”