JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

February Broadcasting - Annual Meeting Part 2

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 791 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

I tried to do my own this week and it showed me that I don't think I have thanked you properly for your hard work doing these transcripts.

These are a highlight for me to be able to read along when watching the videos.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Hippo said:

Wonderful Dear Brother William. We really appreciate your work in our behalf  

Yes, William is the man 😁

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

4 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Which signatures were annulled after the brother was executed? Wasn’t signing the document a compromise?

I think I missed the point here..

It was crystal clear in the talk. 
Yes, they compromised earlier, but seeing execution of a faithful brother moved their hearts to reverse that decision. What a faith strengthening experience. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I like this point in particular 

Spoiler

Gradualism …slowly we buy one thing, then another and eventually spiritual activity can diminish (over time) we need to work more and more to pay for things, so materialism can sneak on us by gradualism. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Which signatures were annulled after the brother was executed? Wasn’t signing the document a compromise?

I think I missed the point here..

Yes, one year before these brothers compromised but now they decided to take a firm stand for Jehovah. It was depicted in the DVD video Jehovah’s Witnesses Stand Firm Against Nazi Assault. Here's an excerpt: https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/germany/stand-firm-video-clip/

(it's not available on jw.org in full version)

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

I like this point in particular 

Hide contents

Gradualism …slowly we buy one thing, then another and eventually spiritual activity can diminish (over time) we need to work more and more to pay for things, so materialism can sneak on us by gradualism. 

This is also called the salami strategy, or the salami slicing strategy, and it never fails.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

It was crystal clear in the talk. 
Yes, they compromised earlier, but seeing execution of a faithful brother moved their hearts to reverse that decision. What a faith strengthening experience. 

I don’t recall Bro lett suggesting an earlier signature was made  compromising their  integrity.. that needed annulling.. please correct me 

Edited by Susan Cook

1 hour ago, Susan Cook said:

Where did Bro Lett indicate they compromised earlier?

Sr. Sue, here is a clip from the transcript.  Br. Lett was talking about Satan's "frontal attacks".

"...the camp commander said to the Witnesses there, he said, “Who is now ready to sign the declaration?” Well, not one of more than 400 Witnesses responded. But then two stepped forward. No, not to sign but to ask that their signatures given about a year earlier be annulled. What a slap in Satan’s face!"

The wrap up by Bro Sanderson is a forceful conclusion, very motivating. Now is not the time to be mucking around. We are very close. And especially regarding obedience to direction, even if from a human and strategic viewpoint it seems wrong. Wonderful to watch, and rewatch!

27 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

The wrap up by Bro Sanderson is a forceful conclusion, very motivating. Now is not the time to be mucking around. We are very close. And especially regarding obedience to direction, even if from a human and strategic viewpoint it seems wrong. Wonderful to watch, and rewatch!

*** w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 17 Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes—What They Mean for Us Today ***
17 Elders who are reading this article can draw some useful conclusions from the account we have just considered: (1) The most practical step that we can take to prepare for the coming attack of “the Assyrian” is that of strengthening our faith in God and helping our brothers to do the same. (2) When “the Assyrian” attacks, the elders must be absolutely convinced that Jehovah will deliver us. (3) At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2013846&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=27

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

I don’t recall Bro lett suggesting an earlier signature was made  compromising their  integrity.. that needed annulling.. please correct me 

*** jv chap. 29 pp. 660-661 “Objects of Hatred by All the Nations” ***
In an effort to break the spirit of the Witnesses, the camp commander at Sachsenhausen ordered August Dickmann, a young Witness, to be executed in the presence of all the prisoners, with Jehovah’s Witnesses out front where they would get the full impact. After that, the rest of the prisoners were dismissed, but Jehovah’s Witnesses had to remain. With great emphasis the commander asked them, ‘Who is now ready to sign the declaration?’—a declaration renouncing one’s faith and indicating willingness to become a soldier. Not one of the 400 or more Witnesses responded. Then two stepped forward! No, not to sign, but to ask that their signatures given about a year earlier be annulled.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1101993040&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=73

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Why are there always people here who are complicating what was said and clinging to unnecessary details?  Beware of negative conversations and doubts. One should not question what was said, complain about the food, I have observed this in several threads and I am concerned, we need to be vigilant here too! 

4 hours ago, Dove said:

That confused me too..weren’t they told that if they signed the document that they would be set free? So why where they still there in prison..

Looks like the prison authorities didn't keep their promise to release them when they signed the letter. The prison authorities were probably contemptious of those who compromised.

12 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

Why are there always people here who are complicating what was said and clinging to unnecessary details?  Beware of negative conversations and doubts. One should not question what was said, complain about the food, I have observed this in several threads and I am concerned, we need to be vigilant here too! 

Clarify then.

14 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

It’s not an unnecessary detail….take it easy 

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

Sr. Sue, here is a clip from the transcript.  Br. Lett was talking about Satan's "frontal attacks".

"...the camp commander said to the Witnesses there, he said, “Who is now ready to sign the declaration?” Well, not one of more than 400 Witnesses responded. But then two stepped forward. No, not to sign but to ask that their signatures given about a year earlier be annulled. What a slap in Satan’s face!"

Yep I heard that.. ok so a handful had signed the declaration previously..   but then recanted

19 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

Jehovah is ok with us THOROUGHLY understanding a matter… so please calm down Jonadab