JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

14 minutes ago, Mike047 said:

Paulo and Sofia, I think that when further clarification on all of this is due, it will doubtless come from the GB. We are better imho to leave this in their very capable hands, since they are the channel for Jehovah and Christ Jesus to give us 'food at the proper time'.

Bellow it is an exercise, do not take it too seriously.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

3 hours ago, Paulo said:

And 'Old infrastructure failing due to lack of maintenance' is an adequate description to almost any country this days.

I read the same about US, Russia, UK, and about any other country.

And this is true of course. I see it in my own country which is blessed with great natural resources, yet there is a critical housing shortage, the health system is failing badly for a so-called “first-world” country etc. 

I brought up this thought about Russia because specifically their heating infrastructure is communal. It is failing entire communities (this same heating infrastructure is in Ukraine too). The Soviet era older apartments are not being maintained, as funds have been diverted to the war. Is that happening in the US? No. The high cost of living and high fuel prices and cost of electricity is the main cause of that (which was also caused in part by the war in Ukraine). 

I am not making a comment driven by a Western agenda regarding the inability of Russia to win the war at all. It is a comment on the state of the people’s situation there. How it could affect their “supporting” their government if they are freezing, and the not to be discounted possibility it may lead to some civil unrest there. 

4 hours ago, Sofia said:

When I read this "Between the Sea and the holy mountain" I cant stop thinking that the actual ISRAEL territory is actually literaly in here.

Today´s ISRAEL territory goes from the mediterranean sea until the holy mountain (in Jerusalem). How come this prophecy could become so perfectly true? If we compare this map with Daniel´s israel territory on his days, Israel ocupied such a different territory. (from the sea heading east far east from the river jordan).

Jehovah is not sentimental God, he firmly rejected after giving Israel endless chances to repent. But once it happened, there is nothing holy for him over there. Ransom arrangement shifted everything towards “Spiritual Israel” land of decoration is by no means associated with Israel. Anything happening in that region has nothing to do with Jehovah, if it did, that would make Jehovah a Sentimental God, which he isn’t. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I am not making a comment driven by a Western agenda regarding the inability of Russia to win the war at all. It is a comment on the state of the people’s situation there. How it could affect their “supporting” their government if they are freezing, and the not to be discounted possibility it may lead to some civil unrest there. 

Many in the West continue to argue that the majority of Russians support the invasion of Ukraine. However, nuanced analysis of Russian polling data indicates this is not the case, and suggests the Russian public is actually more concerned with how soon the war will end. This may already be forcing Vladimir Putin to adjust his public position on the invasion.

During Putin’s flagship December 2023 televised press conference, the event hosts told Putin they had received a “flurry” of questions asking when the war will end. This tallies with the findings of the Levada Center, which asked Russians prior to the press conference what they would like to ask Putin. According to another Russian pollster, Russian Field, respondents also recently prioritized the end of the war when asked to state their wishes for 2024.

Based on Russian Field polling, a solid majority of Russians oppose a potential second wave of mobilization. Meanwhile, data from both Russian Field and Levada shows a clear preference for peace talks over a continuation of the war. A Levada poll conducted in November 2023 indicated that while nominal support for the invasion of Ukraine remained high at 73 percent, the number of respondents who offered firm, unquestioned backing rather than those who “more support than oppose” the war had actually fallen from a peak of 53 percent in March 2022 to just 39 percent. This looks a lot more like conformism rather than active support for the war.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

9 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Jehovah is not sentimental God, he firmly rejected after giving Israel endless chances to repent. But once it happened, there is nothing holy for him over there. Ransom arrangement shifted everything towards “Spiritual Israel” land of decoration is by no means associated with Israel. Anything happening in that region has nothing to do with Jehovah, if it did, that would make Jehovah a Sentimental God, which he isn’t. 

Are you saying that Jehovah is a God who has no feelings? 

29 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Yes Greg. I can see your point. THERE S NOTHING HOLY in Israel right now. But there wasnt in Jerusalem back in 66 CE as well...

But bear in mind... Jesus said: Mat.24:15  “Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place (let the reader use discernment)."

Jesus a) connected his prophecy about the end (end of judaic system + end of this system) with Daniel Prophecy and b) he refered to Jerusalem it self as a HOLY PLACE though it was no longer sacred to Jehovah. Im not insisting on my thoughts (which most probably are WRONG), this was just a thought, but we must keep our minds open to possible future unexpected fullfillments :) 

P.S the words "land of decoration", do not exist on the original hebrew in Dan. 11:45. It mentions a holy mountain. A beautiful holy mountain. The expression is different from Dan. 11:41.

Some translations even say: "between the seas (mediterranean /dead / galiley sea) AT the beautiful holy mountain." As like the king of the North sets his feet (or pitches his tents) upon the holy mountain that exists between two seas. The reason is that the conjunction and or at are not easy to define if you are not aware of the subject. 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Of course modern Israel has no connection with Jehovah.

But Daniel mentioned locations that are real, they are not figurative anymore, they are actually doing what was prophesied.

And Israel, the land not the government, is still a real geographical location.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

42 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Of course modern Israel has no connection with Jehovah.

But Daniel mentioned locations that are real, they are not figurative anymore, they are actually doing what was prophesied.

And Israel, the land not the government, is still a real geographical location.

but we are looking for the secondary fulfillment, which means we don't expect it to take place in the same literal locations. Israel represented God's people - now we are God's people, and we don't exist in one location.

2 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

but we are looking for the secondary fulfillment, which means we don't expect it to take place in the same literal locations. Israel represented God's people - now we are God's people, and we don't exist in one location.

As an individual, I hope I exist in one location. If not, then better cut down the amount of chocolate I eat.

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

No, not at all. How did you arrive to this assumption? 

I think it might be a language issue. 

Brother Dhanyel, in the English language there is a difference between tender feelings and sentimental feelings. Jehovah has tender feelings for his people a roos the whole earth today and loves us all very much because we obey him and do the things that please him.

He used to have those same tender feelings for the nation of Israel but they rebelled against him so much that he lost those feelings for them. 

What brother Greg and brother Tega are saying is that Jehovah doesn't feel regret about casting off the nation of Israel and still have a special feeling for them or the land he originally gave them, Israel. That would be sentimental  and Jehovah isn't like that.  

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Perhaps this will help?

Jesus’ Love Not Sentimental
16 The Bible says: “Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus,” who often received him as a guest in their home. (John 11:5) Yet, Jesus did not hold back from counseling Martha when she gave undue attention to a meal that she was preparing, thus limiting her time to receive spiritual instruction from him. He said: “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and disturbed about many things. A few things, though, are needed, or just one.” (Luke 10:41, 42) No doubt his evident affection for Martha made it easy for her to accept his counsel. Similarly, husbands should treat their wives in a kind, loving manner, using well-chosen words. Yet, when correction is needed, it is appropriate to speak up as did Jesus.
17 On another occasion, Jesus explained to his apostles that he must go to Jerusalem, where he would be persecuted by “the older men and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised up.” At this Peter took Jesus aside and began to rebuke him, saying: “Be kind to yourself, Lord; you will not have this destiny at all.” Clearly, Peter’s view had been blurred by sentimentality. Correction was in order. So Jesus said to him: “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.”—Matthew 16:21-23. W07 2/15

Jeremiah continued with his stinging public rebuke: “Can there be stealing, murdering and committing adultery and swearing falsely and making sacrificial smoke to Baal and walking after other gods whom you had not known, . . . and must you say, ‘We shall certainly be delivered,’ in the face of doing all these detestable things?” The Jews, as God’s ‘chosen people,’ thought he would tolerate any kind of conduct, as long as they were bringing their sacrifices to the temple. However, if they perceived him as a sentimental father pampering a spoiled and only child, they were in for a rude awakening.—Jeremiah 7:9, 10; Exodus 19:5, 6. W88 4/1

The Daniel prophecies later fulfillments are explained in those days when written language with the lands back then; but its obvious with the king of north and south drama that the literal lands can't be at play.  same with Israel; the brothers have explained that Israel literally no longer is at play but spiritual Israel is so when the land of decoration is touched its the spiritual lands of spiritual Israel. so the activity.  write now Russia is standing in Israels lands by disrupting the preaching work.  The same thing happens when other spiritual Israel assets are taken.

The Daniel prophecies later fulfillments are explained in those days when written language with the lands back then; but its obvious with the king of north and south drama that the literal lands can't be at play.  same with Israel; the brothers have explained that Israel literally no longer is at play but spiritual Israel is so when the land of decoration is touched its the spiritual lands of spiritual Israel. so the activity.  write now Russia is standing in Israels lands by disrupting the preaching work.  The same thing happens when other spiritual Israel assets are taken.

Yes, yes, yes

(Tapatalk)

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

Russia’s Putin to visit North Korea soon, state media says

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/22/asia/putin-to-visit-north-korea-intl-hnk/index.html

Last Tuesday, North Korean Foreign Minister Choe Son Hui met Putin and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Moscow to discuss issues regarding the Korean Peninsula, Northeast Asia and international peace and security, according to TASS.

9 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Russia’s Putin to visit North Korea soon, state media says

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/22/asia/putin-to-visit-north-korea-intl-hnk/index.html

Last Tuesday, North Korean Foreign Minister Choe Son Hui met Putin and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Moscow to discuss issues regarding the Korean Peninsula, Northeast Asia and international peace and security, according to TASS.

Putin needs more weapons… Iran and NK are the only markets for him right now. 

25 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Putin needs more weapons… Iran and NK are the only markets for him right now. 

KOTN = Russia + China + Iran + North Korea 

IRAN proxies ( Hamas + Hezbollah + Houtis) are certainly also part of KOTN 

Anglo-American power is now fighting Houtis at the Red Sea.

more pushings.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”