JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

I have been out once a week before because I am working from home. But now, once a month and maybe because inflation doesnt stop  I might not be eating out anymore. 

I  dont want to be so selfish about the  coming of the end but this is not the life we supposed to have. 

I suffered poor  mental health since 7 yrs old. Parents were away and left with non jw grandma. Effects of imperfections. Now health, job issues, inflation, money... Im not whining but we have live the real life, not this. 

Despite of this, still we can find comfort from Jehovah's words and from His people. All we can do for now is to find real friends that can understand our agonies or family member that we can share our thoughts.

10 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

What is causing the inflation to go up each month in the Philippines?

Rising population, rising demand, low production due to Agricultural lands converted to subdivisions, Natural calamities, corruption, Low income and many more. Its more fun in the Philippines. We really need to migrate in the new world. 

12 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

What is causing the inflation to go up each month in the Philippines?

Major issue today is linked to Middle East crisis which deflate our local currency. Aside from this, severe drought hampers the production of food crops especially rice. In addition, several investors are now pulling out due to economic uncertainties. I think there are more...

2 minutes ago, mjcabz said:

Rising population, rising demand, low production due to Agricultural lands converted to subdivisions, Natural calamities, corruption, Low income and many more. Its more fun in the Philippines. We really need to migrate in the new world. 

For a while some jw filipinos literally migrated to rich countries... Looking for temporary relief lol.

13 minutes ago, mjcabz said:

I agree. and the effect of wars in  Israel and Ukraine.. They have more reasons to raise gas prices. 

4 hours ago, Exter said:

I feel the same way, dear brothers. I have to live with my Parkinson's disease. I am 81 y. now. It's not always easy. But I feel how Jehovah gives me strength. I can still move around, albeit with a walking frame. In german we say: "Rollator". I feel Jehovah's love through my brothers in the assembly, which I can visit twice a week. I also have the support of my wonderful wife and lovely brothers and sisters.

You will be in my prayers, brother Albert, may our God Jehovah strengthen you and bless you even more every day! 

they sure are sounding more and more fed up with the whole situation 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

JOB UPDATES AND THE ECONOMY
Im into recruitment industry and I can see that job hiring is slow.
2023 has been a challenge not only to me in Philippines but also in Australia.
For 1 job in HR role, there will be 40-100 applicants. Unemployed have to wait for more than a month.
Economy is slowing down while governments are more concerned of funding wars.
We are reminded to have simple life.

2 minutes ago, JennyM said:
JOB UPDATES AND THE ECONOMY
Im into recruitment industry and I can see that job hiring is slow.
2023 has been a challenge not only to me in Philippines but also in Australia.
For 1 job in HR role, there will be 40-100 applicants. Unemployed have to wait for more than a month.
Economy is slowing down while governments are more concerned of funding wars.
We are reminded to have simple life.

Simple life, less stress sis. That will be that way in the NW too.

King of the North allies unite!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-says-deal-between-014918001.html

Personally, Siberia is very cold. I hope he understands that. 

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

We feel for all of you.  We often think and pray for the friends around the world.  We want to be there and hug you and show you how much we love our friends.  But, all we can offer is prayers.  Keep yourselves busy in spiritual matters Jehovah will not fail you.  Trust in Him now more then ever before.

This is just the beginning of the end.

https://youtu.be/Ld3s_5B8SmM?si=qRh898_iCUysGnB9

One soldier is severely injured (as one of his thumb getting cut off) when a group of Chinese coast guards aggressively harassing Filipino soldiers on South China Sea (or West Philippine Sea) ..

What if this events lead to war? (Hopefully not)

But now, the situation is more intense .. (Sigh) I don't know what will happen on the next few weeks or months after this happened ..

14 hours ago, chuck83 said:

King of the North allies unite!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-says-deal-between-014918001.html

Personally, Siberia is very cold. I hope he understands that. 

This strategic pact is very significant indeed. It has a clause similar to article 5 of NATO organisation (attack on one member is treated as attack on all). I have read some military analysts comments before that meeting between Putin and Kim in North Korea, and some speculated that something like this may happen, but mostly they were of opinion, that Kim and Putin will not dare to go so far. Then... dang! It is exactly what happened.

US and allies may have planned to deal with NK some time in the future, now this will be next to impossible. Now there is more and more fear that at some point in the future also Iran and China may enter this alliance (yes, KOTN). That would constitute a biggest military alliance in the history of humankind, with its military bigger than than that of US military and NATO. As we know that USA is the last world superpower, this underscores in how significant times we live.

And the scene of the world is more complicated with every day that passes. Trajectory of current events is still leading to big catastrophe in the future. Thanks to the mainstream media that keeps the people blind, most people are still not too concerned. Those that are looking at things closely, are becoming very concerned, even alarmed.

And how is it with us? We know Jehovah, we are not alarmed, we know that deliverance is near, but we are also thinking how to be prepared for what is coming. The only question is: how far will Jehovah let this to go?

Edited by Osprey

No worries.  Look at the Hezekiah video.  Trust in Jehovah no matter how dire the situation gets.  Trust in Jehovah.  He will be there for those that are loyal to him. 

He has this all measured out.  He's watching all the moves that Satan is making.  Eventually, it will be "checkmate".

On 6/16/2024 at 9:58 PM, MChill14 said:

Our perception does not change reality. We can at times perceive Jehovah’s great day may be delaying.

The reality: Habakkuk 2:3 😃

When Jehovah puts it into their minds to destroy BG, it will be just the right time knowing His name has been vindicated. Humans and Satan will have tried everything to Rule themselves but the dead end will have finally arrived. Only Jehovah by Christ Jesus can save the earth at that point. Never again will any being be able to question Jehovah's Sovereignty Forever. 

5 hours ago, Osprey said:

This strategic pact is very significant indeed. It has a clause similar to article 5 of NATO organisation (attack on one member is treated as attack on all). I have read some military analysts comments before that meeting between Putin and Kim in North Korea, and some speculated that something like this may happen, but mostly they were of opinion, that Kim and Putin will not dare to go so far. Then... dang! It is exactly what happened.

US and allies may have planned to deal with NK some time in the future, now this will be next to impossible. Now there is more and more fear that at some point in the future also Iran and China may enter this alliance (yes, KOTN). That would constitute a biggest military alliance in the history of humankind, with its military bigger than than that of US military and NATO. As we know that USA is the last world superpower, this underscores in how significant times we live.

And the scene of the world is more complicated with every day that passes. Trajectory of current events is still leading to big catastrophe in the future. Thanks to the mainstream media that keeps the people blind, most people are still not too concerned. Those that are looking at things closely, are becoming very concerned, even alarmed.

And how is it with us? We know Jehovah, we are not alarmed, we know that deliverance is near, but we are also thinking how to be prepared for what is coming. The only question is: how far will Jehovah let this to go?

To the point where there is no way out of the mess they have made world wide... 

5 hours ago, cme said:

No worries.  Look at the Hezekiah video.  Trust in Jehovah no matter how dire the situation gets.  Trust in Jehovah.  He will be there for those that are loyal to him. 

He has this all measured out.  He's watching all the moves that Satan is making.  Eventually, it will be "checkmate".

Great word to signify Jehovah's name is finally, totally vindicated..... CHECKMATE!!!

21 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Great point .... Simple Life, less stress ..... It's harder for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God Mt 19:24

21 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

.... Too much stuff and stress

5 hours ago, SheyZ said:

Great point .... Simple Life, less stress ..... It's harder for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God Mt 19:24

.... Too much stuff and stress

How do you define a

simple life? A mortgage a full time job raising a family. That’s stressful along with health limitations, cost of living.

I repeatedly hear at recent CA, reach out pioneer, interviews with pioneers. I feel if your not pioneering your not gonna make it through to the new world as your not supporting kingdom interests.

we have pioneers in our Cong who can’t maintain their cars their broken down they have no money, they can’t pay their Gas Bills to have hot water. Is that what Jehovah requires? (I feel he doesn’t) but they’re pioneering. 
I’m venting here and  don’t consider myself to be rich but some do because I have nice things and say I’m materialistic because we both work full time.

Are we not living a simple life? 

I define simplifying your life to do more with less. I also define it as what am I comfortable sacrificing to receive a blessing.

JW.Org, We Live A Simple Life… my wife and I did this. It took 4 years to play out. It was pretty painful but hey, we made it! Jehovah made sure we always had.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 

58 minutes ago, Rocco said:

How do you define a

simple life? A mortgage a full time job raising a family. That’s stressful along with health limitations, cost of living.

I repeatedly hear at recent CA, reach out pioneer, interviews with pioneers. I feel if your not pioneering your not gonna make it through to the new world as your not supporting kingdom interests.

we have pioneers in our Cong who can’t maintain their cars their broken down they have no money, they can’t pay their Gas Bills to have hot water. Is that what Jehovah requires? (I feel he doesn’t) but they’re pioneering. 
I’m venting here and  don’t consider myself to be rich but some do because I have nice things and say I’m materialistic because we both work full time.

Honestly, I work full-time and pioneer. So do a few elders who are pioneers in my hall. Cannot survive part-time or one on part-time job in Los Angeles. We were able to get my wife part-time though. We for us that work full time we got modified schedules or found other jobs that were flexible. If you’re a truly skilled worker and you write out your plans and goals and pray. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

How do you define a

It's between you and Jehovah.

If you need to be both working full time to pay the bills, that's how it is.
In some countries, life is very expensive, even worse in their main cities, where even small appartments aren't cheap and moving isn't always easy.

That require some time to sit down and calculate, with prayers.