JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

simple life means for me  is having  basic needs , roof, healthy food, paying utility like internet, gas , water, clothing. And at the same time, active in spiritual routine.. 

I rented a small apt. but I got more affordable rent so I  moved. 

I dont eat out often. I dont buy new clothes for fashion. I buy from used clothes. branded  but still looks ok. 

I dont  buy new phone every year. As long as my phone is still useful, Ill use it. 

Some bro and sis dont want to let go of their lifestyle like fine dine in a fancy restaurant but then youll see that  their spiritual activities seem routinary... Do not comment at the meeting. not reaching out for pioneering even though theyre childless and still in early 30s. They don't talk to bro and sis at the meeting. But you see their FB always eating at expensive restaurant and getting fat.. Hmmm.. theres nothing wrong with that but during govt holiday why not be active for awhile.. Mingle with bro and sis from time to time. Seems like they have their own world and do not need anybody.. Anyway, I dont know their exact situation but  they got restaurant business but Ive never seen providing them hospitality to  a Circuit Overseer or to their field service group..

Hence, for me.. having simple life means having what you need but at the same time be  an active Christian not ignoring your bro and sis  and we cant feel your presence at khall while knowing that you got nice things. Why not share nice things to bro and sis who are in need? 

As we are moving to another country, we've been selling our stuff for some weeks now.
We've gathered so much stuff over the years, and this process has helped us recover almost 50% of our initial expenses. Now we have enough money to even buy the plane ticket.

In a way, it's almost like a GT/A-day preparation, we aren't bringing anything in the new place, only our clothes.
We feel very free.

3 hours ago, Rocco said:

How do you define a

simple life? A mortgage a full time job raising a family. That’s stressful along with health limitations, cost of living.

I repeatedly hear at recent CA, reach out pioneer, interviews with pioneers. I feel if your not pioneering your not gonna make it through to the new world as your not supporting kingdom interests.

we have pioneers in our Cong who can’t maintain their cars their broken down they have no money, they can’t pay their Gas Bills to have hot water. Is that what Jehovah requires? (I feel he doesn’t) but they’re pioneering. 
I’m venting here and  don’t consider myself to be rich but some do because I have nice things and say I’m materialistic because we both work full time.

Are we not living a simple life? 

It takes time and effort.  Prayers to Jehovah for help.  It took me and my husband 4 years to consolidate debt and rid ourselves of credit cards.  We had a home but, taxes were climbing we were both working.  He wanted to retire from his job, I had a government job.  I told him if you retire, you will pioneer.  I'm not going to work while you stay home.  So he did.  However, we sold our home, found something smaller and he pioneered.

Again, the Society said downsize in one convention.  Again, taxes went up on our condo and we moved one last time to a tiny apartment just into Warwick itself.  Warwick HQ announced they were moving into our neighborhood.   One month after the move he was called in to help Warwick HQ and we had no idea how close we had moved in close proximity of it.  This took planning, prayers and a willingness to let go of material things and a willingness to do without certain unnecessary things.  We had 2 jeeps.  I sold mine and kept his.  We now have one Jeep.  Around here we have mountains, hills and valleys so we need a jeep especially in the winter time.  In retrospect, it took us 9 years to get where we are today.

Every family has there own situation and are unique in there own problems.  Calculate and evaluate what is necessary for your family.  Ask Jehovah to help you see and move on with Jehovah's blessing.

5 hours ago, JennyM said:

Some bro and sis dont want to let go of their lifestyle like fine dine in a fancy restaurant but then youll see that  their spiritual activities seem routinary... Do not comment at the meeting. not reaching out for pioneering even though theyre childless and still in early 30s. They don't talk to bro and sis at the meeting. But you see their FB always eating at expensive restaurant and getting fat.. Hmmm.. theres nothing wrong with that but during govt holiday why not be active for awhile.. Mingle with bro and sis from time to time. Seems like they have their own world and do not need anybody.. Anyway, I dont know their exact situation but  they got restaurant business but Ive never seen providing them hospitality to  a Circuit Overseer or to their field service group..

We do not know what their situations are. We hope thing get better for them. Regarding eating at a restaurant, most of the time, they do not serve healthy foods. Even foods they serve suppose to be healthy are not healthy at all.

Just a matter of fact I was sitting a restaurant  for few minutes this past Saturday while in field service (did not eat anything), a sister told me that her relative have type 2 diabetes and the doctor told her to eat more protein, fine. While doing so, she gain more weight. Crazy. 

5 hours ago, JennyM said:

simple life means for me  is having  basic needs , roof, healthy food, paying utility like internet, gas , water, clothing. And at the same time, active in spiritual routine.. 

I rented a small apt. but I got more affordable rent so I  moved. 

I dont eat out often. I dont buy new clothes for fashion. I buy from used clothes. branded  but still looks ok. 

I dont  buy new phone every year. As long as my phone is still useful, Ill use it. 

Hence, for me.. having simple life means having what you need but at the same time be  an active Christian not ignoring your bro and sis  and we cant feel your presence at khall while knowing that you got nice things. Why not share nice things to bro and sis who are in need? 

Dear sister,

I'm encouraged by your reliance on Jehovah. You have no doubt tasted and seen that Jehovah is good. I feel sorry for those who never test Jehovah out. They do not know what they are missing. I too had a good paying job at one point but I started to feel like I didn't make the truth my own and promised Jehovah I would pioneer if I ever could. Now I loved to work so I have to be honest and say I would have never stopped working to pioneer on my own.

Several years ago before the pandemic I was let go from my job, so I immediately started to pioneer. I knew that I would forever regret not taking the opportunity that I felt Jehovah was giving me to make good on my promise.  I was scared and nervous but it was the best thing I ever did. I never had friends at the congregation. But it was my own fault for not taking my spirituality more seriously. I now have a whole congregation of friends that are very dear and best of all I have come to have a close relationship with Jehovah.

So keep up your spiritual routine and stay close to Jehovah. Try to encourage the brothers and sisters you were speaking of and do not be envious. You are very rich, spiritually rich, and no one can take that away from you. Anyone not relying on Jehovah and relying on money will be disappointed. We will never end up disappointed or regret life in service to Jehovah. The retirement benefits are far greater anyways. 😉

As I look at the news it seems to me (opinion), that the GT is fast approaching.  In view of what is left of this last world empire it is winding down awfully quickly.

There are only 2 old men running for office (not that we care) however, it just shows that this empire is going under.

Time will tell how close we are.  This can be a very ugly presidential debate.

23 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

😂😂 I am looking forward to watching it! I feel it is going to be quite entertaining!

I will be in bed and getting my beauty sleep. Yes, I got into a debate in high school against 2 people (my partner did not show up) and I won. Yes, I loss some points for interrupting and my opponents laugh too because what I saying was funny. 

Debates should be taken seriously and I think this one will make both fools out of themselves. Jeremiah 10:23

1 hour ago, cme said:

As I look at the news it seems to me (opinion), that the GT is fast approaching.  In view of what is left of this last world empire it is winding down awfully quickly.

There are only 2 old men running for office (not that we care) however, it just shows that this empire is going under.

Time will tell how close we are.  This can be a very ugly presidential debate.

I hope you are correct. I can't help but feel we are close to a decade away.... But that is just me.

I try to be ready for it last another decade or two while hoping it comes tomorrow!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

4 minutes ago, trottigy said:

I hope you are correct. I can't help but feel we are close to a decade away.... But that is just me.

I try to be ready for it last another decade or two while hoping it comes tomorrow!

I feel the exact same way as the words quoted above.   I have been in the truth for 50 years, and anticipating the end "will come soon" has, at times, taken a bit of my energy away.   I have became frustrated and overly anxious at times.  Therefore, as much as we all want things to fall into place ASAP, and even right now, all we can do is try to endure.  Things are definitely heading in the right direction, and I know it will happen, but "looking at the clock" all the time, made it hard for me.   The timing may come as a surprise to many, but may be a pleasant surprise for some of us, especially if it comes a bit earlier than we expected in reality.

Bottom line - we just don't know, try to hang on for the ride with Jehovah's help and our brotherhood.   He has given us the ropes to hold on, it's on each of us, not to give up and let our grip go...

4 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

I feel the exact same way as the words quoted above.   I have been in the truth for 50 years, and anticipating the end "will come soon" has, at times, taken a bit of my energy away.   I have became frustrated and overly anxious at times.  Therefore, as much as we all want things to fall into place ASAP, and even right now, all we can do is try to endure.  Things are definitely heading in the right direction, and I know it will happen, but "looking at the clock" all the time, made it hard for me.   The timing may come as a surprise to many, but may be a pleasant surprise for some of us, especially if it comes a bit earlier than we expected in reality.

Bottom line - we just don't know, try to hang on for the ride with Jehovah's help and our brotherhood.   He has given us the ropes to hold on, it's on each of us, not to give up and let our grip go...

One day we will open our eyes and be in the new system, whether we are waking up or resurrected, it will happen. So, it doesn't matter to me how long it takes to get here, one day I will open my eyes and be there.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

39 minutes ago, trottigy said:

I respect your opinion and yes, this system and the turmoil we see can last much longer than we anticipate. But I do not think it will take a decade (please edit this post in 2034 if it does...I will be wearing sackcloth of repentance LOL :lol1:)

I think we are closer due to clear more active emergence of fanatical groups and their doctrines. (Hamas, Hezbollah, Houties,  and ultimately their supporter Iran) 

Fanatical application of Islam is a thorn that western countries are dealing with and it becomes a problem. 

Israel claims that God is on their side, while Hamas and others pray to Allah to grant them victory and want total elimination of Israel. (Religion comes to the surface in those conflicts)   

Hezbollah means "Party of God" 

Western countries and leaders are intelligent persons and despite not worshipping Jehovah they can see the problem.

I think bigger war is coming ... and what emerges after that will lead to destruction of religion. I think it's sooner than later. 

Israel also issued a threat to Iran-aligned Hezbollah on Friday with Foreign Minister Israel Katz saying “soon we will make the necessary decisions” about confronting the Lebanese group.

“The free world must unconditionally stand with Israel in its war against the axis of evil led by Iran and extremist Islam. Our war is also your war,” Katz said.https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/6/21/israel-will-be-ultimate-loser-in-war-with-hezbollah-iran-says

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

10 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

(please edit this post in 2034 if it does...I will be wearing sackcloth of repentance LOL :lol1:)

I'll be happy to buy that for you and hand deliver it...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

I respect your opinion and yes, this system and the turmoil we see can last much longer than we anticipate. But I do not think it will take a decade (please edit this post in 2034 if it does...I will be wearing sackcloth of repentance LOL :lol1:)

I think we are closer due to clear more active emergence of fanatical groups and their doctrines. (Hamas, Hezbollah, Houties,  and ultimately their supporter Iran) 

Fanatical application of Islam is a thorn that western countries are dealing with and it becomes a problem. 

Israel claims that God is on their side, while Hamas and others pray to Allah to grant them victory and want total elimination of Israel. (Religion comes to the surface in those conflicts)   

Hezbollah means "Party of God" 

Western countries and leaders are intelligent persons and despite not worshipping Jehovah they can see the problem.

I think bigger war is coming ... and what emerges after that will lead to destruction of religion. I think it's sooner than later. 

Israel also issued a threat to Iran-aligned Hezbollah on Friday with Foreign Minister Israel Katz saying “soon we will make the necessary decisions” about confronting the Lebanese group.

“The free world must unconditionally stand with Israel in its war against the axis of evil led by Iran and extremist Islam. Our war is also your war,” Katz said.https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/6/21/israel-will-be-ultimate-loser-in-war-with-hezbollah-iran-says

And I thought 2012 was going to be interesting! What a decade! .....  :lol2:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

33 minutes ago, trottigy said:

And I thought 2012 was going to be interesting! What a decade! .....  :lol2:

Economic reason is not really a good tool to assume the nearness of GT or A. In my opinion, the more reliable assumption is earth sustainability  to sustain life. From 2022, Earth's weather pattern changed dramatically. Since then, food supply chains disrupted. Not only that, this unusual change may affect the global air and sea travels that would not be good for businesses. Now, we are entering to the irreversible damage unless Jehovah will act to slow down to allow another long period of time. For now we do not see good from human perspective for another 5 years.

2 hours ago, trottigy said:

And I thought 2012 was going to be interesting! What a decade! .....

Economy is one thing but religion is another. (I recon eventually things will escalate) 

1. Hezbollah harbors dangerous messianic convictions

The name “Hezbollah” translates literally as “The Party of God”. Based on a Qur’anic verse which reads “Verily the Party of God are they that shall be triumphant” (5:56), the name of this terror organization suggests its dangerous messianic convictions as if it were operating on behalf of a divine decree with heavenly providence, as well as the radical group’s political aspirations emphasized in its founding document: to establish a Shi’i led Islamic entity to replace the current Lebanese state, inspired by the model of the Islamic Republic’s “Guardianship of the Islamic Jurist.”https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-805257#google_vignette

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, cme said:

There are only 2 old men running for office 

This can be a very ugly presidential debate.

There was a time when candidates believed they had the right answers and solutions for the people.  They simply disagreed with the other candidate.

Now, it's just gamesmanship.  Neither have answers or solutions (there aren't any human answers or solutions).  It's just a 50/50 chance of being the ruling party.

I think the debate will have a record-breaking audience.  Just being honest, everyone will be watching to see how Biden fares.  Will he stumble? Embarrass himself?  Get angry? etc.    Will he drop out?

EDIT:  I'm certainly not taking side.  But I like the rule that neither candidate can have any notes with them. That will spice it up       :touche:

The next 137 days will be very interesting .   .   

Edited by Doug

2 hours ago, Richie said:

Economic reason is not really a good tool to assume the nearness of GT or A. In my opinion, the more reliable assumption is earth sustainability  to sustain life. From 2022, Earth's weather pattern changed dramatically. Since then, food supply chains disrupted. Not only that, this unusual change may affect the global air and sea travels that would not be good for businesses. Now, we are entering to the irreversible damage unless Jehovah will act to slow down to allow another long period of time. For now we do not see good from human perspective for another 5 years.

So, looking for leaders to say peace and security would also be meaningless?

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Doug said:

There was a time when candidates believed they had the right answers and solutions for the people.  They simply disagreed with the other candidate.

Now, it's just gamesmanship.  Neither have answers or solutions (there aren't any human answers or solutions).  It's just a 50/50 chance of being the ruling party.

I think the debate will have a record-breaking audience.  Just being honest, everyone will be watching to see how Biden fares.  Will he stumble? Embarrass himself?  Get angry? etc.    Will he drop out?

EDIT:  I'm certainly not taking side.  But I like the rule that neither candidate can have any notes with them. That will spice it up       :touche:

The next 137 days will be very interesting .   .   

Honestly it’s a 2024 Grumpy Old Men except it’s not a frozen pond in Wabasha, Minnesota. 🤣:lol1:

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

So, looking for leaders to say peace and security would also be meaningless?

It is not meaningless. For now the best tool for assumption is the degradation of earth resources for human sustainability. If earth will become hostile to human lives. Needless to say, Jehovah will act decisively to save His faithful servants from impending disasters. 

1 hour ago, Richie said:

It is not meaningless. For now the best tool for assumption is the degradation of earth resources for human sustainability. If earth will become hostile to human lives. Needless to say, Jehovah will act decisively to save His faithful servants from impending disasters. 

We already know when Jehovah to act to save his people, "In his appointed time". Part of glorifying his name is to save his people, from? From his enemy, Gog of Magog not from natural/human-made disaster.

17 hours ago, cme said:

What people do or do not do is their business.  1Thess. 4:11.  Just let us live our lives according to scriptures.  Leave the rest to Jehovah.

Are you and I doing and obeying the requirements of Jehovah?  That's what counts.

I apologize.. I may sound critical. I was trying to define what simple life means.

Just be balance. Having what we need, at the same time active in the congregation.  

What people do is not our business but at the same time the bible cares. Not all inside the congregation should be our close friends. 

Even being lukewarm in spirituality wont be accepted.  Jesus will spit it out Rev 3:16 

romans 12:11 be industrious and aglow in spirit.. 

Things of the world arent bad but whats the price tag?