JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

German tabloid, Bild, made an explosive revelation on November 24 about an alleged US-German plan that seeks to end the Ukraine war. Citing an unnamed source, the report stated the United States and Germany intend to encourage Ukraine to engage in negotiations with Russia using a carefully calibrated range of weaponry transfers.

https://www.eurasiantimes.com/compromises-germany-us-plan-to-finally-end-ukrain/?amp

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I appreciate you Sophia, I find it very unpleasant to wade through and try to understand the minutiae of information out there. Some folks like you can separate the garbage from what's relevant. A personal thank-you 🧡

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

22 hours ago, Sofia said:

If the judgment message isn’t that harsh  … what are these “news” that set up the rage of the KOTN?

these verses may have a totally different fullfillment than expected 

Good question!     It was previously explained that the judgment message would perhaps be 'hard-hitting'.    Now, maybe it's just that they don't like the 'good news'.

So, what is it about good news that will provoke the KOTN?   Are we JW's that annoying ?   Maybe it's because they thought they got rid of religion, but they didn't get rid of us!!!

6 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I appreciate you Sophia, I find it very unpleasant to wade through and try to understand the minutiae of information out there. Some folks like you can separate the garbage from what's relevant. A personal thank-you 🧡

You are sweet 😉 thank you

i don’t spend much time on this. I gained experience in digging and some dear brothers and sisters share with me as well.

but I admit that without experience we can waist a lot of precious time on this. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

what is it about good news that will provoke the KOTN?   

If you check carefully KOTN actions… china Russia Iran and North Korea already hate us….persecute us.

According to Ezequiel it’s a coalition of nations that hate us 

Gog is a coalition of nations 

maybe the 193 UN nations… the very same that bans false religions 

not just KOTN 

daniel 11:44 makes no sense to me if it would mean KOTN attack on God s people. They are doing that ever since verse 41 ( entering the land of decoration).

jwrussia makes me cry ever time I visit 

the house raids to beat torture and imprison innocent brothers and sisters… elderly sentenced to 7 years… more rage than this?

prophecy sometimes is only understood when In fullfillment or after being fulfilled.

I have to wait to understand better. Right now I don’t see

17 minutes ago, Doug said:

Maybe it's because they thought they got rid of religion, but they didn't get rid of us!!!

You have a point!

watchtower October 2019:

11 At some point, the people whose religions were destroyed may resent the fact that Jehovah’s Witnesses keep practicing their religion. We can only imagine the uproar that this might create, including on social media. The nations and their ruler, Satan, will hate us for having the only surviving religion. They will not have attained their goal to eliminate all religion from the face of the earth. So we will become the center of their attention. At this point, the nations will take on the role of Gog of Magog. They will band together to make a vicious, all-out attack on Jehovah’s people. (Ezek. 38:2, 14-16) It can be somewhat unsettling to think about those possibilities when we cannot be certain of the exact details. However, one thing is sure: We do not need to fear the great tribulation. Jehovah will give us lifesaving instructions. (Ps. 34:19) We will be able to “stand up straight and lift up [our] heads” because we will know that our “deliverance is getting near.”
😉

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

weaponry transfers.

Weaponry transfers? Isn't that what they have been doing for over a year? Shooting at each other? 😳

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

55 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Weaponry transfers

Yes brother Richard

But according to the article USA and Europe are tired.

they secretly plan to supply only enough armory until Ukraine accepts the territory loss and engages a peace deal 

Edited by Sofia

I can't help but think 'all that fuss for what?' Thousands killed, thousands mutilated, thousands of orphans, widows, and because the word to talk about the loss of a child does not exist (at least I don't know it), I will end there this dreary list. Disgusting, sickening war, sickening system, sickening era. Good news: it ends in 1 second, said Jehovah. So I wish it was yesterday.

It seems that a lot of more is happening behind closed doors than we imagine

News from July 2023

A group of former senior U.S. national security officials has held secret talks with prominent Russians believed to be close to the Kremlin — and, in at least one case, with the country’s top diplomat — with the aim of laying the groundwork for negotiations to end the war in Ukraine, half a dozen people briefed on the discussions said. 

In a high-level example of the back-channel diplomacy taking place behind the scenes, Russian Foreign Affairs Minister Sergey Lavrov met with members of the group for several hours in April in New York, four former officials and two current officials said. 

On the agenda were some of the thorniest issues in the war in Ukraine, like the fate of Russian-held territory that Ukraine may never be able to liberate and the search for an elusive diplomatic off-ramp that could be tolerable to both sides. Signs are mounting that the U.S. and its allies are eager for Moscow and Kyiv to move toward peace talks in the fall after Ukraine’s ongoing counteroffensive is completed.https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/former-us-officials-secret-ukraine-talks-russians-war-ukraine-rcna92610

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Can I ask why we are discussing this at all? 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

If you check carefully KOTN actions… china Russia Iran and North Korea already hate us….persecute us.

According to Ezequiel it’s a coalition of nations that hate us 

Gog is a coalition of nations 

maybe the 193 UN nations… the very same that bans false religions 

not just KOTN 

daniel 11:44 makes no sense to me if it would mean KOTN attack on God s people. They are doing that ever since verse 41 ( entering the land of decoration).

jwrussia makes me cry ever time I visit 

the house raids to beat torture and imprison innocent brothers and sisters… elderly sentenced to 7 years… more rage than this?

prophecy sometimes is only understood when In fullfillment or after being fulfilled.

I have to wait to understand better. Right now I don’t see

Just want to add. Coalition of Nations is described as a military power with exceptional artillaries. Even in the book of Revelation, ten horns representive the whole members which are so influential and they can grant power even to the wild beast (UN). It is noticeable that the ten horns so hate the Harlot. 

From these Biblical points, we can raise some questions. Who are the nations today who have so hated the Harlot? Who is the Coalition today can use its highest grade of armaments against its enemy? Well, we notice also at the book of Ezekiel 38 that this Coalition is coming from farthest north and Jehovah just turned him around along with its military forces directed to His people. 

From these points of view. At least these can give us an idea who are the actors of these present and future events. 

6 hours ago, Sofia said:

But according to the article USA and Europe are tired.

they secretly plan to supply only enough armory until Ukraine accepts the territory loss and engages a peace deal 

Or so they say.

The people of USA, Europe and the whole world are tired of conflicts and wars.

But for the leadership this is just the Minsk plans revisited, not to end the war, but to pause it time enough to get through the next election cycle in USA and Europe, and give Ukraine enough time to rearm, refortify and resume the war later.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

8 hours ago, Doug said:

Good question!     It was previously explained that the judgment message would perhaps be 'hard-hitting'.    Now, maybe it's just that they don't like the 'good news'.

For a very long time now, every frontpage of the JW.Org website is a judgment message.

Maybe that is already counting.

6 minutes ago, Paulo said:

For a very long time now, every frontpage of the JW.Org website is a judgment message.

Maybe that is already counting.

Really? Have not seen it. Could you point me to it please? ☺️

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 hours ago, Richie said:

Well, we notice also at the book of Ezekiel 38 that this Coalition is coming from farthest north

Not just that, but the countries following the steps of Gog and the KOTN are exactly the same.

4 hours ago, Richie said:

Just want to add. Coalition of Nations is described as a military power with exceptional artillaries. Even in the book of Revelation, ten horns representive the whole members which are so influential and they can grant power even to the wild beast (UN). It is noticeable that the ten horns so hate the Harlot. 

From these Biblical points, we can raise some questions. Who are the nations today who have so hated the Harlot? Who is the Coalition today can use its highest grade of armaments against its enemy? Well, we notice also at the book of Ezekiel 38 that this Coalition is coming from farthest north and Jehovah just turned him around along with its military forces directed to His people. 

From these points of view. At least these can give us an idea who are the actors of these present and future events. 

Just to add: Not all members of UN have hated the Harlot since Rev. 18 tells us that there are some kings will weep because of her destruction (middle east and east Asia are still attached to the Harlot). Also, not all UN members have the authority to control the UN. Only few or with only veto power can manipulate UN. In the end their thought is also Jehovah's thought. Harlot is a mother of the harlots and she is the one sitting at the back of the wild beats (UN). 

So obvious that only Abrahamic religions have these privilege in the UN. 

By the way, restructuring of the security council is planned for next year as per last UN general assembly. 

8 minutes ago, MChill14 said:

Thank you, still do not see judgment message there.

It's a standard article and message, that I was preaching and reading 25 years ago. 

5 minutes ago, MChill14 said:

It is part of 7 bowls of anger of Jehovah mentioned at Rev. 16. Once the six bowls are accomplished I sense are completely accomplished. The 7th cup signifies Jehovah's satisfaction then He will proceed to the execution of all publicized judgments. 

7 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

It seems that a lot of more is happening behind closed doors than we imagine

News from July 2023

A group of former senior U.S. national security officials has held secret talks with prominent Russians believed to be close to the Kremlin — and, in at least one case, with the country’s top diplomat — with the aim of laying the groundwork for negotiations to end the war in Ukraine, half a dozen people briefed on the discussions said. 

In a high-level example of the back-channel diplomacy taking place behind the scenes, Russian Foreign Affairs Minister Sergey Lavrov met with members of the group for several hours in April in New York, four former officials and two current officials said. 

On the agenda were some of the thorniest issues in the war in Ukraine, like the fate of Russian-held territory that Ukraine may never be able to liberate and the search for an elusive diplomatic off-ramp that could be tolerable to both sides. Signs are mounting that the U.S. and its allies are eager for Moscow and Kyiv to move toward peace talks in the fall after Ukraine’s ongoing counteroffensive is completed.https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/former-us-officials-secret-ukraine-talks-russians-war-ukraine-rcna92610

I strong believe that the same is happening regarding the ban of religion 

only it will be revealed suddenly at the right time

1 hour ago, Richie said:

So obvious that only Abrahamic religions have these privilege in the UN. 

Can we expect that UN outcasts the Vatican as a permanent observer member of UN prior banning religion?

Edited by Sofia

33 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Can we expect that UN outcasts the Vatican as a permanent observer member of UN prior banning religion?

Rev 17 tells further how the wild beast unseat the mother Harlot from its back. It seems that all religions are seating its behind will be unseat and devour mother Harlot's flesh, I mean her wealth. From my personal assessment, not only Vatican has a special privilege in the UN. OIC or Islamic organization also has this privilege. I am nor sure with Anglican, Orthodox and Judaism but still they are part of Abrahamic religions. 

Unseating the mother Harlot means unseating and devouring her privilege from UN along her wealth.