JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Roe v Wade Which made Abortion Legal in All States Overturned

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 677 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Meanwhile, ER doctors now have to decide if they're willing to treat pregnant women. One of them miscarries, and the doctors treating them can go to jail.

So, if memory serves, I asked once what would happen to Churches once R-V-W was over? Their main political ammo is now null-and-void. Which means the Conservatives no longer need them. BtG will feel the full force of this at the next election.

I knew Roe v Wade was about abortion rights, but I never knew "Roe" actually ended up having her baby while waiting for the court to decide back in 1973.  So, this baby daughter was adopted out.  Years later, "Roe" found her daughter, through a tabloid journalist, and wanted to capitalise on the media attention and "hit the road together, and [make] speeches and earn money".  And this now 19 year old girl, who up until then did not know she was "baby Roe" was terrified because she knew how divisive an issue abortion was in America, and wanted no part in it.

Another journalist, who wrote the piece linked below, said that he got his information from Norma McCorvey's ("Roe") former long-term partner, Connie Gonzalez, who gave the journalist access to thousands of McCorvey's old private papers.  There were also 2 older daughters from different fathers.

When the daughter, baby Roe, did connect with Norma … Norma actually told her to thank her that she had not aborted her.  "This was a miserable conversation and they never spoke again." 

Wow!! Now, that is a tangled mess!!! 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-25/roe-v-wade-norma-mccorvey-behind-the-legal-battle-joshua-prager/101167762

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/25/us/abortion-christian-debate-blake-cec/index.html

I see soooo many things wrong with the picture in the article.. First off true Christians don't worship Jesus, 2nd they wouldn't condone practices God hates (politics, abortion, homosexuality aka rainbow flag, etc.) 

The photo is a literal ironic disaster. 😆

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

18 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Part of me wonders if it's going to be a change to the interpretation

The current interpretation is that the feet is specifically the Anglo-American world power. 20 years ago the feet was thought to be the "politically divided world in the last days". I can't imagine it getting more refined that it currently is. This is from a future study article....

*** w22 July p. 5 par. 10 The Kingdom Is in Place! ***

First, unlike the previous world powers mentioned in the vision, the Anglo-American alliance is symbolized, not by a solid metal like gold or silver, but by a mixture of iron and clay. The clay represents “the offspring of mankind,” or the common people. (Dan. 2:43, ftn.) As is plainly evident today, their influence in elections, civil rights campaigns, mass protests, and labor unions weakens the ability of this world power to implement its policies.

The various metals defined all previous world powers. But the current world power is diluted with the common people. That about sums up democracy.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

19 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Part of me wonders if it's going to be a change to the interpretation.

We might also get more information in the FEATURE BIBLE DRAMA: Jehovah Guides Us in the Way of Peace—Part 1 & 2 at the convention.

The trailer from 0:35 - 0:45 quotes Daniel chapter 2: “And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom will be partly strong and partly fragile.” (Daniel 2:42)

Link to the trailer: https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODMoviesExtras/pub-jwb-089_11_VIDEO

I found it interesting that when the narrator says: “partly strong” (the trailer shows the UK) and when he says “partly fragile” (the trailer shows the US). 
It might not mean anything, maybe just a random way of depicting the Anglo-American world power, while the verse is quoted. We will see.

Edited by Br. Ice

1 hour ago, Br. Ice said:

We might also get more information in the FEATURE BIBLE DRAMA: Jehovah Guides Us in the Way of Peace—Part 1 & 2 at the convention.

The trailer from 0:35 - 0:45 quotes Daniel chapter 2: “And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom will be partly strong and partly fragile.” (Daniel 2:42)

Link to the trailer: https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODMoviesExtras/pub-jwb-089_11_VIDEO

I found it interesting that when the narrator says: “partly strong” (the trailer shows the UK) and when he says “partly fragile” (the trailer shows the US). 
It might not mean anything, maybe just a random way of depicting the Anglo-American world power, while the verse is quoted. We will see.

Both the U.K. and USA a whole consist the feet of the image. In which they are partly strong and fragile. 

The interesting thing about the basis for overturning Roe v Wade is that it was concluded that there was nothing in the Constitution that protects abortion as a right. It's left to states to decide if they wish to or not. 

While Witnesses are not affected by permitted abortions or not, this ruling could influence prior decisions that could - Loving v. Virginia, for one. Perhaps even Plessy v. Ferguson?

Fortunately Watchtower v. Stratton falls fully under freedom of speech. But other decisions may not be so clear. 

In my parents' day (before 1968), it was illegal for them to marry in Florida. They married in the Bahamas and moved to New York not long after. Similarly to the abortion situation, racially mixed couples could "simply go to a state where it was legal".😒

Messed up, but yay America... 😐

Come, Lord Jesus... 🙏🏽

Just in case, since some of us will be out in public again (cart work and street witnessing) refreshing myself with staying neutral and taking note of articles on Abortion (most recent up to date) in case someone approaches  me with the subject.   I found this article interesting.  It's from the 1980 Awake 5/22.  (I know it's not the latest, but it does fit in).  

9 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Just in case, since some of us will be out in public again (cart work and street witnessing) refreshing myself with staying neutral and taking note of articles on Abortion (most recent up to date) in case someone approaches  me with the subject.   I found this article interesting.  It's from the 1980 Awake 5/22.  (I know it's not the latest, but it does fit in).

Oh yes, that article still brings a shocked tear to my eye when I see it, just like the first time I saw it.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101980366

10 hours ago, JW2017 said:

"I believe that the decision to have an abortion is a private, medical choice that should be between a woman, her family, and her doctor," she added.

..."between a woman, her family, and her doctor?" How about adding to that: "her unborn child"?

Hhmm. Does that means she wishes her mother had aborted her? Well, if she had done that, there would be one less protester to the Supreme Court decision.