JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Roe v Wade Which made Abortion Legal in All States Overturned

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 676 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

7 hours ago, JW2017 said:

CNN host wonders if poor children are better off aborted (msn.com)

Below is the actual interview that the above opinion piece is based on. The Arkansas GOP Governor is asked, if he doesn't agree with all aspects of the trigger law that he himself signed, then why did he sign it in the first place? Then he is asked about provisions in his state to make sure that the child's father financially contributes and takes responsibility for the care of his child....

On 5/21/2022 at 4:21 PM, JW2017 said:

Pelosi's communion ban by San Francisco archbishop over abortion rights support prompts sharp reactions (msn.com)  I personally feel that the bishop has the right to do what he did based on the Catholic faith because of the Bible's stand on the issue.  He did nothing wrong but it's going to make more people hate religion.  The only think wrong is that the bishop is getting mixed up in politics.  But merely denying someone communion because they actively support abortion should be the church's right.  Just like disfellowshipping and reproof with us.

Yet at the same time they don’t do that for the politicians who support the death penalty. The Catholic church’s stand on that is the same as abortion. Why don’t they do the same for that stand as the other? Answer - it really is political:

Partisanship continues to be a major factor in support for the death penalty and opinions about its administration. Just over three-quarters of Republicans and independents who lean toward the Republican Party (77%) say they favor the death penalty for persons convicted of murder, including 40% who strongly favor it.

Democrats and Democratic leaners are more divided on this issue: 46% favor the death penalty, while 53% are opposed. About a quarter of Democrats (23%) strongly oppose the death penalty, compared with 17% who strongly favor it.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/06/02/most-americans-favor-the-death-penalty-despite-concerns-about-its-administration/

If they were consistent and upholding their “standards” then you could say it’s not political, but when they aren’t and they only uphold the standards that affect one party and no the other, then the real reason shines through. 

edit: and this is why JWs don’t get involved in other religions “stands” or opinions NOR do we express ourselves over whether they or some politician is making “the right decision”. Instead, we say, “This is what the Bible says and whatever they chose to do is their choice to do.” We are neutral. 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

People have gone downright crazy. It's a gift Jehovah doesn't have us addressing these issues on a daily basis. By knocking on peoples doors. 

It's been that way for some time. Satan doesn't want you to quietly go about your day, minding your business. 

He wants to try to make us get involved. 

Give me some safe perimeters, (Jehovah's ) and let me be. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a twist. Synagogue claims that abortion ban violates their religious freedom. 
https://www.npr.org/2022/06/15/1105229512/florida-abortion-law-synagogue-lawsuit-15-weeks

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/roe-wade-abortion-supreme-court-ruling/index.html

So the constitutional rights to abortion appear to be canceled and will now be up to each state to make laws. People are wondering what other constitutional changes this could lead to. Marriages (gay marriage or multi-racial marriages) or even religious rights... Hmm, sounds like things are heating up again on the world scene.

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

1 minute ago, cricket246 said:

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/roe-wade-abortion-supreme-court-ruling/index.html

So the constitutional rights to abortion appear to be canceled and will now be up to each state to make laws. People are wondering what other constitutional changes this could lead to. Marriages (gay marriage or multi-racial marriages) or even religious rights... Hmm, sounds like things are heating up again on the world scene.

Be careful with all the protests around you. Like the Bible says Iron and Clay does not mix.

1 hour ago, cricket246 said:

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said there are ways now to "fight back" against the ruling overturning Roe v. Wade, accusing Supreme Court justices of not staying true to their words when they were nominees. 

"I am spitting mad over this. We have six extremist justices on the United States Supreme Court who have decided that their moral and religious views should be imposed on the rest of America. This is not what America wants," Warren told CNN's Erica Hill.

Iron + Clay = a real MESS  

Soooooooo glad that Jehovah has kept His people OUT of the mix...and the mess.  :D👍

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 5/21/2022 at 7:21 PM, JW2017 said:

Pelosi's communion ban by San Francisco archbishop over abortion rights support prompts sharp reactions (msn.com)  I personally feel that the bishop has the right to do what he did based on the Catholic faith because of the Bible's stand on the issue.  He did nothing wrong but it's going to make more people hate religion.  The only think wrong is that the bishop is getting mixed up in politics.  But merely denying someone communion because they actively support abortion should be the church's right.  Just like disfellowshipping and reproof with us.

Does he also feel Communion should be withheld from people who support the death penalty?  No?  Then he's a hypocrite and is making decisions based upon politics and not on church principles. 

And here is the rub.  Typically those in favor of abortion are not in favor of the death penalty.  Those who are not in favor of abortion are pro death penalty. 

Typically. 

Well that didn't take long. 

"A sea of protesters gathered outside the Supreme Court Friday, one of many rallies planned across the country after a historically consequential ruling from the high court ended the constitutional right to abortion. "

"Elsewhere, abortion-rights advocates in cities including Chicago, Philadelphia, Denver, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle and New York City planned protests for Friday evening. There were also protests planned in Florida, Missouri, Georgia and Texas."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/06/24/roe-v-wade-abortion-rights-protests/7723620001/

We thought the 'Iron And Clay' verse was fulfilled twenty years ago. Then four years ago we were saying 'we had no idea how fulfilled'. Now we're practically on the edge of a second civil war. Iron and Clay just gets more and more pronounced as we go.

Part of me wonders if it's going to be a change to the interpretation. "We thought it mean democracy, and people demanding changes from their government. But recent events have forced us to consider..."