JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Monkeypox Cases

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 614 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, JW2017 said:

Our family doctor told my mom today when she asked about Monkeypox.  That the CDC and WHO and others aren't telling us but it's gays who get it.  The way they have sex is how you get it and it is common for them to have a lot of sexual partners.  He said that we don't need to worry about it.

It’s a mixed message when you listen or read the info. They are saying it’s not about being gay but the male gay community it being targeted for vaccines. I read an article the other day basically saying that.  
Im sure they are trying to avoid a homophobic sentiment but it is what it is. If you the disease targeted infants or older folks or women between 30 and 40, it would be plainly said. But right now the message is coming across mixed. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Locally, well in the state, it's growing. I'm not near King County but those people come here to the beaches for vacation so everyone gets exposed. It could be a real problem. My community can grow by thousands each week as people vacation here. 

Mask.....sanitizer....keep separate. It's still necessary.

https://kuow.org/stories/monkeypox-spreading-via-community-in-king-county

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 hours ago, JW2017 said:

My doctor says that they are trying to make money off of monkey pox which is partly why they aren't telling people it comes from homosexuality and bestiality.  

I meant that he said they're using monkeypox to make money with the vaccine for it.  On the other hand he's all for the COVID vaccine and other vaccines.  

• 3 weeks later...

"What we see now with monkeypox is very interesting," says Esparza. "Smallpox was declared eradicated in 1980. And since then, smallpox vaccination has stopped in most countries, and immunity in the population against all Orthopox[viruses] has decreased. And that's what is probably behind the emergence of monkeypox in the world."   Other viruses might be seizing the same opportunity…. And as with monkeypox, the rise in cases has been linked to the end of widespread smallpox vaccination. Some experts have even gone so far as to describe cowpox as an emerging health threat.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220725-the-mystery-virus-that-protects-against-monkeypox?ocid=fbfut

Truly a fulfilment of the pestilences prophecy of the last days. Where science was able to stem the flow of these older ancient diseases using vaccination, we see these creeping back into circulation when vaccination gets dropped. That is also happening with classic childhood diseases such as whooping cough and measles (once eradicated or minimised) which have grown exponentially during the pandemic as vaccination schedules were disrupted.

On 7/29/2022 at 12:05 PM, hatcheckgirl said:

Some experts have even gone so far as to describe cowpox as an emerging health threat.

My first response "NO! Everybody knows that Cowpox is our friend and protector".

On 7/29/2022 at 12:05 PM, hatcheckgirl said:

Second response "Everything I've been told was a lie".

That was a fascinating but rather mind blowing article, thanks for that Sister @hatcheckgirl

24 minutes ago, JW2017 said:

Monkeypox: WHO recommends gay, bisexual men limit sexual partners to reduce spread (cnbc.com)

World Health Organization now admits that most cases are among men who have sex with men (95%) and 99 percent of cases are with men.

They need to stop monkeying around..:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

45 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

You reap what you sew.

It’s always been reap what you sow. Like a farmer’s expression. Because you plant and reap from sowing. Like throwing out seeds …

Not like a needle & thread …. But I like it tho 🤔😃

My thoughts on the monkey pox … throughout the ages such as when Rome was an empire there were Roman baths that homosexuality was common too … I wonder if some of these diseases were created in a lab … why now? What’s different from generations past? Sodom & Gomorrah … or it could be natural progression as the scriptures speak of pestilences would increased

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Well, if the CDC is correct, those other ways of getting it must be extremely rare.

Second meeting of the International Health Regulations (2005) (IHR) Emergency Committee regarding the multi-country outbreak of monkeypox (who.int)

2.a. Implementing coordinated response

2.a.i. Implement response actions with the goal of stopping human-to-human transmission of monkeypox virus, with a priority focus on communities at high risk of exposure, which may differ according to context and include gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (MSM). 

Meeting of the International Health Regulations (2005) Emergency Committee regarding the multi-country monkeypox outbreak (who.int)

Conclusions and advice

The Committee noted that many aspects of the current multi-country outbreak are unusual, such as the occurrence of cases in countries where monkeypox virus circulation had not been previously documented, and the fact that the vast majority of cases is observed among men who have sex with men, of young age, not previously immunized against smallpox (knowing that vaccination against smallpox is effective in protecting against monkeypox as well). Some Members suggested that, given the low level of population immunity against pox virus infection, there is a risk of further, sustained transmission into the wider population that should not be overlooked. The Committee also stressed that monkeypox virus activity has been neglected and not well controlled for years in countries in the WHO African Region.

Edited by JW2017

On 7/31/2022 at 5:44 AM, comtemplate said:

My thoughts on the monkey pox … throughout the ages such as when Rome was an empire there were Roman baths that homosexuality was common too … I wonder if some of these diseases were created in a lab … why now? What’s different from generations past? Sodom & Gomorrah … or it could be natural progression as the scriptures speak of pestilences would increased

Romans 1:26,27

That is why God gave them over to disgraceful sexual passion..., males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full penalty, which was due for their error.

STI s and other problems from such behavior are nothing new.

15 hours ago, JW2017 said:

Well, if the CDC is correct, those other ways of getting it must be extremely rare.

Regardless, it looks like close physical contact is the transmission method.  

Obviously, with the amount of bisexual, gender fluid, and closeted adulterers there are, this is not capable of being a 100% homosexual exclusive virus. 

But it is quite clear that promiscuous immoral sexual conduct is the primary way this is transmitted. 

My point was the CDC isn't hiding anything. The CDC does not, however, comment on the morality of the conduct of ones who transmit the disease. 

But to say this is exclusive to the homosexual community is the same mistake people made in the 80s during the AIDS epidemic. 

Edited by Shawnster

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

But to say this is exclusive to the homosexual community is the same mistake people made in the 80s during the AIDS epidemic. 

Yeah

bur don’t forget that it’s not mentioned but many who get monkey pox have AIDS as well…

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Yeah

bur don’t forget that it’s not mentioned but many who get monkey pox have AIDS as well…

As you're always great for providing links do you have one for this or has it being more picked up in conversations? (Text is hard to convey emotions, this is NOT meant as a challenge, I tried googling but got a variety of different inconclusive answers). 

1 hour ago, Hugh O'D said:

As you're always great for providing links do you have one for this or has it being more picked up in conversations? (Text is hard to convey emotions, this is NOT meant as a challenge, I tried googling but got a variety of different inconclusive answers). 

I will try to find something in english. I believe that Dr. Campbel has mentioned this in one of his videos last month... Its pretty obvious for us at the medical side. I discussed this with other scientists as well. But as far as the public in general and media... its NOT politically correct to mention these figures.

The World is more and more controlled by Satan.

By supporting LGBT+ people and criticizing who´s against it, its kinda hard to show the truth... Media gets censored. 

But while I was writing this I found something in english instead of portuguese. take a look Hugh:

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/clinicians/people-with-HIV.html

"Available summary surveillance data from the European Union,1 as well as separate reports from Portugal,2 Spain,3 and England,4 report that 30% to 51% of patients with monkeypox for whom HIV status is known have HIV." Updated July 21, 2022

1 hour ago, Hugh O'D said:

always great for providing links

You are kind! :D 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

16 minutes ago, Sofia said:

But while I was writing this I found something in english instead of portuguese. take a look Hugh:

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/clinicians/people-with-HIV.html

"Available summary surveillance data from the European Union,1 as well as separate reports from Portugal,2 Spain,3 and England,4 report that 30% to 51% of patients with monkeypox for whom HIV status is known have HIV." 

All done in less than an hour too 😃 You're brilliant.

Thanks again Sofia, we don't agree on all things (who does) but there's definitely times you're my go to person. 

This has the potential to become another “gay bashing” episode as AIDS was in the 80s. Yes, humans will reap the recompense for their immoral behaviour (as Romans 1:26, 27 says). But don’t overlook this point: what has caused this to explode now onto the scene? Monkeypox has been endemic in West Africa for decades and STDs and HIV as well. So that’s nothing new. So why is it spreading in Western lands? Why now?

My thought and opinions centre around the social breakdown happening now due to food shortages and economic rife in Africa.  Remember, a lot of refugees fled their homelands to find “better opportunities” in Europe.  But the reality is that they are outcast, unemployed and still starving. Humans have always sold their bodies to make ends meet. Most of those leaving Africa in boats to Europe are male. I think they are prostituting themselves to survive. And many of them are weakened by AIDS.

However, who is using these ones? White and privileged gay men. They are then moving this illness around in their communities and travelling back to US, Japan, Australia etc, where we have never seen monkeypox.  So even though there’s been monkeypox for decades, it never spread until these ones left Africa as refugees.

These are my opinions, and I’m just throwing a wider net on why things like this suddenly appear. It’s much more complicated that just a “gays disease”. And only Jehovah can undo the social systems that creates such poverty, causing diseases of all sorts to spread. I notice that very few females are affected, since the bulk of refugees are male. Yet if there were more female refugees left to fend for themselves and turn to prostitution , we'd be seeing a rise of females with this or another STD.

On 8/2/2022 at 12:43 PM, hatcheckgirl said:

Yes, humans will reap the recompense for their immoral behaviour (as Romans 1:26, 27 says).

Proverbs 6:27, 28 "Can a man rake fire to his chest and not burn his garments? Or can a man walk on hot coals without scorching his feet?"

Hasn't this old proverb always proved true: "When you are playing with fire, sooner or later, you are going to get burnt."

Apparently, there are prescriptions available to those who engage in such activities, which claims that it minimises the risk of getting HIV and other STD's. I have heard that those who use these prescriptions are not just homosexuals, but overwhelmingly those who are bisexual. So it may be only time that it does start affecting more in the community other than a subset of the population.

On 8/2/2022 at 3:43 AM, hatcheckgirl said:

Most of those leaving Africa in boats to Europe are male. I think they are prostituting themselves to survive. And many of them are weakened by AIDS.

However, who is using these ones? White and privileged gay men. They are then moving this illness around in their communities and travelling back to US, Japan, Australia etc, where we have never seen monkeypox.

I gave your comment a 😢 because while there's always more to a situation I fear your comment is accurate.

• 3 weeks later...

2012 article written showing the liability of AIDS infected to become infected with Monkeypox virus

its happening now but nobody can mention it

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0096300312002743?via%3Dihub