JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Will the Governing Body get a new member in 2022?

Go to solution Solved by Parale,
Message added by Brother_Bliss,

Just a reminder, that if there is actually something to this rumor, and you become aware of it, do NOT post it in this thread or in any of the other forums, but wait until after any such announcement has been made by proper official channels.

Message added by Brother_Bliss,

This topic is now moderated for everyone

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 485 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, Parale said:

I think you are mixing up the corporations:

The 1945 Yearbook states that J C Booth was a director of the New York corporation - these directors are NOT governing body.

Only those who where directors of the Pennsylvania corporation are considered as being governing body members.

The Watchtower 15 June 1996 states that: "In 1974, Brother Booth was appointed a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York." The Watchtower 15 January 1975 gives the exact date as 28 November 1974.

Therefore I have used the 28 November 1974 date for the appointment of John C Booth on my timeline:

Basically Raymond Franz left his position. When he left Bethel on his own, he left his position along with it..

2 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Basically Raymond Franz left his position. When he left Bethel on his own, he left his position along with it..

The official announcement appeared in the Kingdom Ministry August 1980:

"This is a notification that Raymond Victor Franz is no longer a member of the Governing Body and of the Brooklyn Bethel family as of May 22, 1980."

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/201980284#h=6

4 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

This is the published notice.

*** km 8/80 p. 2 Announcements ***
● This is a notification that Raymond Victor Franz is no longer a member of the Governing Body and of the Brooklyn Bethel family as of May 22, 1980.

The details in some cases from nearly 100 years ago are difficult to flesh out.  But one thing is certain: Jehovah was blessing the organizational work of those spiritual men, as born out by the increases:

C.E.   1925 GLOBAL REPORT:  83 lands; 1,435 pioneers

C.E.   1930 GLOBAL REPORT:  87 lands; 2,897 pioneers

C.E.  1935  GLOBAL REPORT: 115 lands; 4,655 pioneers; 56,153 publishers;  

Memorial Attend: 63,146; 52,465 partakers

C.E.   1940 GLOBAL REPORT: 112 lands; 5,130 congregations; 5,251 pioneers;

96,418 publishers; Memorial Attend: 96,989; 27,711 partakers

C.E.  1945 GLOBAL REPORT: 107 lands; 7,218 congregations; 6,721 pioneers;

156,299 publishers; Memorial Attend: 186,247; 22,328 partakers

C.E.   1950 GLOBAL REPORT: 147 lands; 13,238 congregations; 14,093 pioneers;

373,430 publishers; Memorial Attend:  511,203; 22,723 partakers

Our spiritual heritage is rich, and is available for anyone to read about in our publications.  It is faith strengthening to review and discuss in light of where we are now.

C.E.  2021 GLOBAL REPORT:  239 lands; 119,297 congregations; 1,350,138 avg.

pioneers; 8,686,980 peak publishers; Memorial Attend:  21,367,603;

20,746 partakers

3 hours ago, Brother_Bliss said:

Or lock the topic. It's not like we were really going to let anybody leak this information anyway. 

Perhaps changing the thread title would be appropriate, as the subject matter has clearly moved on from the original post.  But, I hope it doesn't become unavailable.   

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

1 hour ago, Watching and Waiting said:

The details in some cases from nearly 100 years ago are difficult to flesh out.

FWIW two useful overall charts/tables are:

Proclaimers Book - page 717

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101993045#h=35-160

Divine Purpose Book - pages 314 and 315

https://wol.jw.org/fr/wol/d/r30/lp-f/1101959050#h=1-47

1 hour ago, Parale said:

FWIW two useful overall charts/tables are:

Proclaimers Book - page 717

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101993045#h=35-160

Divine Purpose Book - pages 314 and 315

https://wol.jw.org/fr/wol/d/r30/lp-f/1101959050#h=1-47

Br. Paul, I know the Divine Purpose quote is in Spanish but how did you get to find it in WOL?  They don't list the book (neither does WTL).  When looking under various subject dealing with the Divine Purpose, all of the references take me to the Proclaimers book.

I have the book "Jehovah's Witness in the Divine Purpose (and a scanned PDF electronic copy.  The quote you make is correct on the appendix on pages 314 and 315.  Just curious how yoou found the 'unlisted' book.

36 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Br. Paul, I know the Divine Purpose quote is in Spanish but how did you get to find it in WOL?  They don't list the book (neither does WTL).  When looking under various subject dealing with the Divine Purpose, all of the references take me to the Proclaimers book.

😉 That's because the WOL/WTL is based on date rather than book. In this instance books from 1970 (but with exceptions).

The Divine Purpose book was published in 1959, and is therefore not included in WOL/WTL.

BUT actually the Divine Purpose book was published in French, in 1972 - ie post-1970 - and therefore is included in the WOL/WTL in French 🙂

36 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Just curious how yoou found the 'unlisted' book.

Ah, it is listed, under 'livres' 🧐

In addition others books that are included in French (but not in English) are:

"Life Everlasting—In Freedom of the Sons of God" from 1966, published in French in 1970:

https://wol.jw.org/fr/wol/library/r30/lp-f/toutes-les-publications/livres/liberté-li

“Then Is Finished the Mystery of God” from 1969, published in French in 1972:

https://wol.jw.org/fr/wol/library/r30/lp-f/toutes-les-publications/livres/mystère-fm

"Did Man Get Here by Evolution or by Creation?" from 1967, published in French in 1970:

https://wol.jw.org/fr/wol/library/r30/lp-f/toutes-les-publications/livres/évolution-ev

Edited by Parale

43 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Just curious how yoou found the 'unlisted' book.

In addition to - Divine Purpose (1959), Life Everlasting (1966), Finished Mystery (1969), and Evolution (1967) - there is also:

“Babylon the Great Has Fallen!” from 1963, published in French in 1971:
https://wol.jw.org/fr/wol/library/r30/lp-f/toutes-les-publications/livres/babylone-bf

“Make Sure of All Things; Hold Fast to What Is Fine” from 1965, published in French in 1970:
https://wol.jw.org/fr/wol/library/r30/lp-f/toutes-les-publications/livres/assurez-vous-ms

10 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

I'm sorry if the subject has already been covered here (I'm not able to follow everything), but does anyone know or heard that something happened to brother Geoffrey Jackson?

No, but you might be referencing the fact that he hasn't, so far, had a talk at this year's Convention? I understand that people believe that Geoffrey Jackson will give the last talk on Sunday Afternoon. A similiar thing happened with Stephen Lett in 2021.

On 7/26/2022 at 11:03 AM, Parale said:
On 7/26/2022 at 1:37 AM, Paa Yaw said:

How is it that Bro Geoffrey Jackson has not been seen thus far? 🤔

I don't think it's a 'requirement'?... and for all we know he may have been far more involved 'back-stage' than the others in the hugely important work of both writing and developing this year's Convention.

Having said that, the same thing happened last year, except then it was Bro Stephen Lett....

On 8/10/2021 at 9:17 AM, ZORO said:

So far we haven't heard any talk by Brother Stephen Lett,,,,,,may be he will deliver the last talk?

20 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

I'm sorry if the subject has already been covered here (I'm not able to follow everything), but does anyone know or heard that something happened to brother Geoffrey Jackson?

Hi Br Cristino! It's nice to hear from you again 👍

Have yourself heard something?

2 hours ago, Parale said:

No, but you might be referencing the fact that he hasn't, so far, had a talk at this year's Convention? I understand that people believe that Geoffrey Jackson will give the last talk on Sunday Afternoon. A similiar thing happened with Stephen Lett in 2021.

Thank you for the information. I asked, in fact, because word came to me that (removed - Bob}

That's why I turned to you, who are my most reliable source of information.(after jw.org 😄)

Edited by Brother_Bliss

I said not to reveal anything

This topic made me remember what br Morris said on the introduction to the 2020 Anual Meeting. That it would be an historic meeting. When he gave examples of other historic meetings he mentioned anual meetings that brought changes to the GB structure...

At the time I was convenced that changes to the GB would come again... but then nothing came and in fact it was a very good meeting like always but I didn't notice anything that would make it different than others, that is, historic

Now I'm thinking... Could a mistake have been made and a spoiler was spilled in relation to this AM? :)

Just speculating here...

2 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

Thank you for the information. I asked, in fact, because word came to me that (removed - Bob}

That's why I turned to you, who are my most reliable source of information.(after jw.org 😄)

You were warned. This topic is locked while the staff discusses it.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

2 hours ago, Brother_Bliss said:

You were warned. This topic is locked while the staff discusses it.

Sorry for all the inconvenience for this information. An old Bethel friend was worried about this story and asked me about it... As I hadn't heard anything about it, I decided to ask here.. Sorry.

59 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

Sorry for all the inconvenience for this information. An old Bethel friend was worried about this story and asked me about it... As I hadn't heard anything about it, I decided to ask here.. Sorry.

Thank you for your apology. 

We're want to be obedient and are trying hard not to allow any leaks. Such special news, if there is any truth to this rumor, would be the sole right and privilege of the Governing Body / Branch to officially announce themselves.

That's why we have warnings plastered all over this topic, lol.

This discussion may resume. But from now on every comment will be held in moderation to await approval.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 8/4/2022 at 12:56 PM, jwhess said:

This is the published notice.

*** km 8/80 p. 2 Announcements ***
● This is a notification that Raymond Victor Franz is no longer a member of the Governing Body and of the Brooklyn Bethel family as of May 22, 1980.

That is true and I do not know what is you point is. If I'm right, I was told by others who was there at the time in Bethel is that he left. And that is why he was no longer a member of  GB and family member too. Correct me if I wrong on this.

30 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

That is true and I do not know what is you point is. If I'm right, I was told by others who was there at the time in Bethel is that he left. And that is why he was no longer a member of  GB and family member too. Correct me if I wrong on this.

No discussion is necessary.  He left originally for health reasons and then returned. He left and was not disfellowshipped until later. Voluntary or involuntary the announcement would be the same.  Ray Franz said (quoting the Wikipedia)..." Franz stated the request for his resignation..."  It is not important.  He is, was or became and apostate.  He is now dead.  Enough said about him.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And now we have the official answer.

We got two new members 18 days into 2023.

Jeffrey Winder

Gage Fleegle

Nice, very exciting news.

We were introduced to these brothers during the last Gilead Graduation and now BREAKING NEWS.

Amazing.

Discussion here:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/54073-breaking-news-two-new-members-of-the-governing-body/

Edited by Brother_Bliss

Link to New GB Discussion

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 485 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.