JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Will the Governing Body get a new member in 2022?

Go to solution Solved by Parale,
Message added by Brother_Bliss,

Just a reminder, that if there is actually something to this rumor, and you become aware of it, do NOT post it in this thread or in any of the other forums, but wait until after any such announcement has been made by proper official channels.

Message added by Brother_Bliss,

This topic is now moderated for everyone

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 485 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Miss Bea said:

Guessing game aside. I love the history here. And I really love the fact we readily know who the GB is. There was a time when a brother in our congregation came across transcripts of the Annual meeting. And we enjoyed the peek into that. Not knowing who was who. Now we do! We are just being taken care of so wonderfully. 

The COVID period really united us more than ever. And the broadcasting even before that prepared us little by little

12 hours ago, Hinata said:

If there is a new member, it will be US or at least English speaking world. (Europe or Australia) They will never add GB members from SA, Africa or Asia.

Losch isn't from an English speaking country. He’s from Austria and German is his native language. 

Btw, if there’s going to be a new GB member, there isn’t a Bible principle saying that he’s to be from the helpers pool 😉 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

6 hours ago, jayrtom said:

All the last brothers appointed to the GB, were appointed first as helpers one or two years before

Thanks for the research @jayrtom.

We could say that the last 9 members (that is if we include brother Guy Pierce) have served in these committees or departments:

Service = 4

Writing = 2

Teaching = 2

Personnel = 1

And if we include brother Sydlik and Schroeder as well, we get:

Service = 4 (or 5*)

Writing = 3

Teaching = 2

Personnel = 1

School instructor = 1

*Brother A. Schroeder was in the service department before becoming a School instructor.

So, it seems that most GB members first served in writing or the service committee/department (Those seem to be the most likely areas to look at)

But I would also like to believe/hope that brother Mark Noumair will become a GB member, just like brother A. Schroeder was back in 1974. It seems like brother Trent Lippold has slowly been taking over as the main instructor. (This is just how it seems to me, I might be completely wrong, and brother Noumair might just show up at the next Gilead graduation as one of the instructors)

Again, this is all a guessing game, we don’t even know if there will be a new GB member, at the moment.

20 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

/Conspiracy theory

What if it is a helper that's a member of the great crowd?  What if we're so close, they're getting the NWGB(New World Governing Body) ready?

\Conspiracy theory

I like this idea, it's intriguing.

But at the same time... That feels weird. Also, doing such a move... The feeling of urgency would be incredible. That could only be fathomable during the GT, at best.

Edited by Dages

16 hours ago, Hinata said:

If there is a new member, it will be US or at least English speaking world. (Europe or Australia) They will never add GB members from SA, Africa or Asia.

Didn’t brother Mark Sanderson serve in the Philippines branch also for a time? Also brother James Mantz (Helper to the writing committee) I believe is serving with his wife currently in a Japanese congregation somewhere in New York. In the 1970‘s brother Mantz was part of the Japanese branch committee. Not to forget many of these brothers have traveled extensively and been right at the heart of many dedications, branch meetings  and assemblies  or natural catastrophes to understand the current issues. A research could probably show some serving time in international fields such as Africa, and no doubt are aware of the needs.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

20 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

hat if it is a helper that's a member of the great crowd?  What if we're so close, they're getting the NWGB(New World Governing Body) ready?

Nope, not gonna happen. Certainly there is an arrangement in place for when they all get whisked away, but until that happens the GB will only ever be anointed men.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

45 minutes ago, Brother_Bliss said:

Nope, not gonna happen. Certainly there is an arrangement in place for when they all get whisked away, but until that happens the GB will only ever be anointed men.

As our history points out....

*** w01 1/15 p. 28 How the Governing Body Differs From a Legal Corporation ***
"There was one exception. In 1940, Hayden C. Covington—then the Society’s legal counsel and one of the “other sheep,” with the earthly hope—was elected a director of the Society. (John 10:16) He served as the Society’s vice president from 1942 to 1945. At that time, Brother Covington stepped aside as a director to comply with what then seemed to be Jehovah’s will—that all directors and officers of the Pennsylvania corporation be anointed Christians."

13 hours ago, Parale said:

Since 1992, the Governing Body has appointed experienced, mature Christian elders to help its committees carry out their work. These helpers, from among the “other sheep,” provide valuable support to the Governing Body.

I think those words don't mean that all the helpers are necessarily of the "other sheep". As already mentioned, brother Sanderson was a helper and was anointed. I think what the article means is that the GB is including among their helpers some of the "other sheep", so that they are prepared to take the lead when all the anointed are gone.

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Hhmm... The brother who wrote the OP has not come back here to enlighten us, even though he's been on the forums since...

He isn't a full access user yet, so all of his posts need to be approved by a moderator. So even if he posted the information the moderators probably wouldn't approve his post until the information is officially released. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Then, perhaps, this entire thread should never have been approved 

Sesame Street Idk GIF

I could be wrong...😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

And the new member is ....(but please be wise and careful clicking below) 

Reveal hidden contents

Donut 🍩 you get! I told you to be careful LOL :lol1:

I knew it would be a brother!!!!

33 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

And the new member is..

We strictly ordered to you to....

Spoiler

donut say a thing - donut post any spoilers

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

And the new member is ....(but please be wise and careful clicking below) 

Reveal hidden contents

Donut 🍩 you get! I told you to be careful LOL :lol1:

I've heard that he is a little 'old fashion'. He likes to fritter around but that he is really just a cream puff.

It's fun to speculate, but it seems to me that IF there is a new member of the GB it wouldn't be announced in the middle of the convention.  It would be more likely at the annual meeting.  I wonder how this whisper gained traction so quickly.  It makes me laugh because of all the material we are getting about gossip.  Not that this speculation hurts anyone, but a gust of wind can become a tornado so quickly!

1 minute ago, Californiamama said:

It's fun to speculate, but it seems to me that IF there is a new member of the GB it wouldn't be announced in the middle of the convention.  It would be more likely at the annual meeting.  I wonder how this whisper gained traction so quickly.  It makes me laugh because of all the material we are getting about gossip.  Not that this speculation hurts anyone, but a gust of wind can become a tornado so quickly!

Agreed. I was going to mention something similar, but you beat me to it. Appointments of Governing Body members are usually made as of the beginning of a new service year, or a new calendar year. We're not near one of those just yet.

Not that I believe this "rumour" about a new GB member........

but intressting the dates about the previous annoncements :

On Wednesday morning, September 5, 2012, an announcement was made to the United States and Canada Bethel families. Starting September 1, 2012, Mark Sanderson began serving as a member of the Governing Body.

ON Wednesday morning, August 24, 2005, ....... Effective September 1, 2005, two new members—Geoffrey W. Jackson and Anthony Morris III—would be added to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 485 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.