JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Will the Governing Body get a new member in 2022?

Go to solution Solved by Parale,
Message added by Brother_Bliss,

Just a reminder, that if there is actually something to this rumor, and you become aware of it, do NOT post it in this thread or in any of the other forums, but wait until after any such announcement has been made by proper official channels.

Message added by Brother_Bliss,

This topic is now moderated for everyone

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 472 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Okay, so lets turn this into a guessing game. If there is a new member, who do you think it is? I would guess it would be one of the Helpers but we don't know if any of the Helpers are Anointed, so I guess this is a short guessing game...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

41 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Okay, so lets turn this into a guessing game. If there is a new member, who do you think it is? I would guess it would be one of the Helpers but we don't know if any of the Helpers are Anointed, so I guess this is a short guessing game...:lol1:

I guess....  an anointed helper!!!

2 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

I guess....  an anointed helper!!!

Technically the Helpers are from the Other Sheep according to the WT but I wonder if any of the Helpers have started partaking while serving as a Helper.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

Technically the Helpers are from the Other Sheep according to the WT but I wonder if any of the Helpers have started partaking while serving as a Helper.

/Conspiracy theory

What if it is a helper that's a member of the great crowd?  What if we're so close, they're getting the NWGB(New World Governing Body) ready?

\Conspiracy theory

The vast majority of the helpers are of the other sheep but new members of the Governing Body always serve as helpers first before being appointed to the Governing Body. So not all of them are of the other sheep. 

Some recent additions to the helpers over the past couple of years are as follows:

2021:

Clive Martin (Writing)

Leonard Myers (Writing)

2022:

Gage Fleegle (Service)

Paul Gillies (Coordinators)

Jonathan Smith (Service)

Jeffrey Winder (Personnel)

As a side note, Paul Gillies was transferred from the Britain branch to World Headquarters in 2018 to serve with the Office of Public Information before being appointed as a helper to the Coordinators Committee. I am not familiar with the background of any of the other brothers above.

11 minutes ago, Br. Ice said:

If this is true, will the brother be from North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia or Australia?

Hmmmm... Since the OP is in the US and if we assume he knows the brother, then the brother is likely from the US. This is a fun guessing game :lol1:

17 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

then the brother is likely from the US.

The answer is also likely US based on the 8 members we have now.😃

If my data is correct this is how things stand at the moment (because where the brothers were born or raised isn’t specifically mentioned for all the 8 brothers)

North America = 6

South America = 0

Africa = 0

Europe = 1

Asia = 0

Australia = 1

Edited by Br. Ice

3 hours ago, Br. Ice said:

If this is true, will the brother be from North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia or Australia?

If there is a new member, it will be US or at least English speaking world. (Europe or Australia) They will never add GB members from SA, Africa or Asia.

Edited by Hinata

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Take my name out....Oh..(sigh of relief)  ...so much easier to guess now LOL 🤣

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, jscotchie said:

The vast majority of the helpers are of the other sheep but new members of the Governing Body always serve as helpers first before being appointed to the Governing Body. So not all of them are of the other sheep. 

Some recent additions to the helpers over the past couple of years are as follows:

2021:

Clive Martin (Writing)

Leonard Myers (Writing)

2022:

Gage Fleegle (Service)

Jonathan Smith (Service)

As a side note, Paul Gillies was transferred from the Britain branch to World Headquarters in 2018 to serve with the Office of Public Information before being appointed as a helper to the Coordinators Committee. I am not familiar with the background of any of the other brothers above.

That's correct, and my guess is that brother that you mentioned, Paul Gillies. For example Br Cook also was appointed as a helper before. During is time as a helper he didn't show up in any video

1 hour ago, Hinata said:

If there is a new member, it will be US or at least English speaking world. (Europe or Australia) They will never add GB members from SA, Africa or Asia.

Why not? assuming you're not having any prejudice...

2 hours ago, Hinata said:

They very well could (that's a decision from heaven after all), but we as JW don't care about that. No need for quotas in God's people.

Edited by Dages

8 hours ago, jscotchie said:

The vast majority of the helpers are of the other sheep

Yes there was an interesting statement made in the Watchtower 15 October 2015, page 3:

Since 1992, the Governing Body has appointed experienced, mature Christian elders to help its committees carry out their work. These helpers, from among the “other sheep,” provide valuable support to the Governing Body.

Obviously since 2015 it might have changed, and some helpers, after being appointed, may also be subsequently annointed.

2 hours ago, carlos said:

Friends, let's be careful not to spread rumors. An announcement like this, if true, will quickly be posted on JW.org, so unless we have first-hand information it's better to wait until it's published. Probably even if we have the first-hand information it's better to wait.

Thank You GIF by Mailchimp

Han Solo Ok GIF

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

49 minutes ago, Parale said:

Yes there was an interesting statement made in the Watchtower 15 October 2015, page 3:

Since 1992, the Governing Body has appointed experienced, mature Christian elders to help its committees carry out their work. These helpers, from among the “other sheep,” provide valuable support to the Governing Body.

Obviously since 2015 it might have changed, and some helpers, after being appointed, may also be subsequently annointed.

All the last brothers appointed to the GB, were appointed firsat as helpers one or two years before

Br. Cook

A New Member of the Governing Body — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

ON ... January 24, 2018, ...Brother Kenneth Cook, Jr., had been added to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

In January 2017, Brother Cook was appointed to serve as a helper to the Writing Committee of the Governing Body.

Br. Sanderson

A New Member of the Governing Body — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

On ... September 5, 2012,... a new member had been added to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Effective September 1, 2012, Mark Sanderson began to serve in that capacity.

In September 2010, he was invited to return to the United States, where he served as a helper to the Service Committee of the Governing Body.

Brs Jackson and Morris

New Members of the Governing Body — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

ON ... August 24, 2005, ... Geoffrey W. Jackson and Anthony Morris III—would be added to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

In April 2003, he and Jenny became part of the United States Bethel family and began to work in the Translation Services Department. Soon thereafter, Brother Jackson was made a helper to the Teaching Committee of the Governing Body.

...Brother Morris worked in the Service Department at Patterson and later as a helper to the Service Committee of the Governing Body.

Brs Samuel F. Herd; M. Stephen Lett; Guy H. Pierce; and David H. Splane

New Members of the Governing Body — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

ON ... October 2, 1999,... four new members had been added to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. The new members, all anointed Christians, are Samuel F. Herd; M. Stephen Lett; Guy H. Pierce; and David H. Splane.

• Samuel Herd ... 1997... Brother Herd has been working in the Service Department. He was also serving as a helper to the Service Committee.

• Stephen Lett ... Since April 1998, he and Susan have been part of the United States Bethel family. There he has worked in the Service Department and was a helper to the Teaching Committee.

• Guy Pierce ... 1997, when he and his wife, Penny, became part of the United States Bethel family. Brother Pierce had been serving as a helper to the Personnel Committee.

• David Splane ...  Since 1998, he had been a helper to the Writing Committee.

If there is a recent GB member to be assigned, the logic dictates that he will be one of the new Brs apointed as helpers, like Jamie (@jscotchie) said above 

2021:

Clive Martin (Writing)

Leonard Myers (Writing)

2022:

Gage Fleegle (Service)

Jonathan Smith (Service)

And if they are to stay as helpers during at least an year than the logical options are Clive Martin or Leonard Myers... Also the logic of they not being to visible points to Clive Martin as the right answer

There is IF THERE IS REALLY A NEW MEMBER TO BE APPOINTED IN 2022

Edited by jayrtom

23 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

All the last brothers appointed to the GB, were appointed firsat as helpers one or two years before

Thank you for that run down of names and dates! Fascinating. I was wondering about that, but hadn't looked it up yet.

So now I'm very confused about that Watchtower statement 😧

1 hour ago, Parale said:

Mark Sanderson was already anointed (in early 1990s) when he was appointed as a helper in 2010, but maybe, because he was then appointed to Governing Body in 2012, before the article was written, he wasn't 'counted' as he wasn't then a current helper at that time, but all the remaining helpers where of the 'other sheep'? hmmm

Edited by Parale

19 minutes ago, Parale said:

Thank you for that run down of names and dates! Fascinating. I was wondering about that, but hadn't looked it up yet.

So now I'm very confused about that Watchtower statement 😧

Mark Sanderson was already anointed (in early 1990s) when he was appointed as a helper in 2010, but maybe, because he was then appointed to Governing Body in 2012, before the article was written, he wasn't 'counted' as he wasn't then a current helper at that time, but all the remaining helpers where of the 'other sheep'? hmmm

Think of it as them going to be helpers just as a way to gain practice on the work of the commissions. They are an exception for the period of their training

Guessing game aside. I love the history here. And I really love the fact we readily know who the GB is. There was a time when a brother in our congregation came across transcripts of the Annual meeting. And we enjoyed the peek into that. Not knowing who was who. Now we do! We are just being taken care of so wonderfully. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 472 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.