JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Two New Members of the Governing Body

BREAKING NEWS | Two New Members of the Governing Body

We are pleased to inform you that two additional brothers have been appointed to serve as members of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses: Brothers Gage Fleegle and Jeffrey Winder. Both brothers are anointed Christians who have a long history of loyal service to Jehovah. Brother Fleegle began his full-time service in 1989 and Bethel service in 1991. Brother Fleegle has served as a helper to the Service Committee of the Governing Body. Brother Jeffrey Winder began his full-time service in 1986 and Bethel service in 1990. Brother Winder has served as a helper to the Personnel Committee of the Governing Body. We thank our heavenly Father, Jehovah, for raising up such faithful men to share in the work of the Governing Body. We pray that Jehovah will richly bless Brothers Fleegle and Winder and their wives!

Jeremiah 3:15,16 “And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, and they will feed you with knowledge and insight. You will become many and will bear fruit in the land in those days,” declares Jehovah.”

We share in their joy at receiving this weighty privilege, and they can count on our loyal support.

This is a good reminder that we can't make predictions based on the age of the GB. We never know when there will be new ones..:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

This is a good reminder that we can't make predictions based on the age of the GB. We never know when there will be new ones..:lol1:

Besides that, we already know the anointed aren't going to die of old age.  The last ones will be taken up.

I Herd that Losch had to Splane to Sanderson why they Lett Jackson Cook Morris Fleegle Winders than him...😂

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Eejay said:

Duo....or is that what you meant?

Not really. The thing is that I looked for the pictures and post them and then realized that brother "Hinata" had just post them a second before me.

Doh.webp

I'm afraid my "d'oh!" wasn't very clear. 

Edited by Semer

And does anyone know the ages of these 2 Governing Body Members? And if they would considered to be of the 2nd GROUP, of the Anointed ones, who make up "This Generation"??? Because as we've already learned with Bro. David Splane, there could be some brothers and sisters who Jehovah decided to be Anointed, but they just were NOT part of the 2nd group of Anointed Ones, who make up "THIS GENERATION".

14 minutes ago, redvet said:

Can someone enlighten me on "This generation" its been 109 since 1914 and those brothers have died so what generation is this scripture speaking about?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Br. Splane had a talk (video) with a chart showing how the 1st and 2nd half of the "generation" overlapped.  Here is an excerpt from the later Watchtower.

*** w14 1/15 p. 31 pars. 15-16 “Let Your Kingdom Come”—But When? ***
15 In his detailed prophecy about the conclusion of this system of things, Jesus said: “This generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen.” (Read Matthew 24:33-35.) We understand that in mentioning “this generation,” Jesus was referring to two groups of anointed Christians. The first group was on hand in 1914, and they readily discerned the sign of Christ’s presence in that year. Those who made up this group were not merely alive in 1914, but they were spirit-anointed as sons of God in or before that year.—Rom. 8:14-17.

16 The second group included in “this generation” are anointed contemporaries of the first group. They were not simply alive during the lifetime of those in the first group, but they were anointed with holy spirit during the time that those of the first group were still on earth. Thus, not every anointed person today is included in “this generation” of whom Jesus spoke. Today, those in this second group are themselves advancing in years. Yet, Jesus’ words at Matthew 24:34 give us confidence that at least some of “this generation will by no means pass away” before seeing the start of the great tribulation. This should add to our conviction that little time remains before the King of God’s Kingdom acts to destroy the wicked and usher in a righteous new world.—2 Pet. 3:13.

EDIT: here is a copy of the chart he used.

xhart1.JPG

Edited by jwhess