JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Two New Members of the Governing Body

10 minutes ago, Bro_BT said:

A brother mentioned to me that Anthony Morris has stepped down as a member of the Governing Body. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? 

Check out this thread.   

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 9:54 AM, Tortuga said:

I Herd that Losch had to Splane to Sanderson why they Lett Jackson Cook Morris Fleegle Winders than him...😂

Can somebody explain the “Morris Fleegle Winders than him” part of this funny English language pun?

I understand the “I heard that Loesch had to explain to Sanderson why they let Jackson cook…” portion, but I don’t get the last part?

(And yes, I’m aware that brother Morris is no longer GB, I just want to understand the play on words)

On 3/22/2023 at 3:00 PM, Sharkfin182 said:

Can somebody explain the “Morris Fleegle Winders than him” part of this funny English language pun?

I understand the “I heard that Loesch had to explain to Sanderson why they let Jackson cook…” portion, but I don’t get the last part?

(And yes, I’m aware that brother Morris is no longer GB, I just want to understand the play on words)

Does the lack of response mean that nobody else understands what the second half of this “sentence of names” pun means either?

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

It can be readjusted to

I HERD LOSCH 'SPANE to SANDERSON why JACKSON LETT FLEEGLE COOK WINDER.

All nine names are included this way. A mnemonic memory aid to get all the names.

Now THAT makes sense! Good one! Ha ha!

I just wasn’t getting the “Lett Jackson Cook Morris Fleegle Winders THAN HIM”? Not sure what I was missing? But your version’s much better!

• 3 weeks later...

Also, in March 2020, brother Lett assured us that "the events unfolding around us are making clearer than ever that we’re living in the final part of the last days. Undoubtedly the final part of the final part of the last days.  Shortly before the last day of the last days."

This gives me the energy and encouragement I need to push through the great tribulation.

24 minutes ago, Dove said:

Does anyone know the correct pronounciation of Bro. Winder's name..is it like  strong wind, or winding road, short letter 'i' or long letter 'i'

In the video, 2023 Governing Body Update #2, Brother Cook pronounced it as “win” of “wind.” i.e. /win/ not /wain/. Since the video had the direct interview with him, it’s quite safe to assume that is the correct pronounciation.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=702023006&srcid=share

Edited by Hinata

16 minutes ago, Hinata said:

In the video, 2023 Governing Body Update #2, Brother Cook pronounced it as “win” of “wind.” i.e. /win/ not /wain/. Since the video had the direct interview with him, it’s quite safe to assume that is the correct pronounciation.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=702023006&srcid=share

Thank you so much brother Minwoo!

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

He gave a talk on the Gilead Graduation.  He was introduced by name.  They pronounced it as wind-der (like a blowing breeze...wind).

Thank you. I did watch those programs, the Update and the Gilead Graduation. But I wasn't focusing on the pronounciation of the name. Only when someone said to me that they didn't know which way it was said did I want to ask because I wondered about it previously myself. 

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

3 hours ago, Dove said:

Thank you. I did watch those programs, the Update and the Gilead Graduation. But I wasn't focusing on the pronounciation of the name. Only when someone said to me that they didn't know which way it was said did I want to ask because I wondered about it previously myself. 

You can re-watch that moment on the video.  It is at the 25:55 minute of Part 1 of the 152nd Class of Gilead Graduation.  Br. David Splane introduces the entire video but Br. Jackson is the host of the program. Fast forward to the 25:55 minute mark to hear Jeffery Winder's name spoken in his introduction.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtGilead/pub-jwb-098_1_VIDEO

wind.JPG

Edited by jwhess

• 9 months later...
6 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

I need that picture with the Governing Body members where everyone is at the table, but with the two newest members. I can't find her. Does anyone among the friends remember where this photo is, please?

Here is the photoshop progression, with publication references, the base photo/s are obviously from the same original photoshoot.

image.thumb.png.12d5127f1b881302839b3d0edee77332.png

• 2014 - God's Kingdom Rules!, page 130
  • 2017 - Watchtower, February 2017, page 27
  • 2021 - Enjoy Life Forever!, page 225
  • 2024 - Watchtower, February 2024, page 23
  • 2021 - Governing Body Update 2021, #6

4 hours ago, Parale said:

Here is the photoshop progression, with publication references, the base photo/s are obviously from the same original photoshoot.

image.thumb.png.12d5127f1b881302839b3d0edee77332.png

• 2014 - God's Kingdom Rules!, page 130
  • 2017 - Watchtower, February 2017, page 27
  • 2021 - Enjoy Life Forever!, page 225
  • 2024 - Watchtower, February 2024, page 23
  • 2021 - Governing Body Update 2021, #6

Excellent! I didn't remember the last photo with everyone looking at the camera (from 2021). Thank you very much!

3 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

I didn't remember the last photo with everyone looking at the camera (from 2021)

It's not technically a photo, it's a screenshot from the GB Update video - but it's not been 'photoshopped' so you can compare it with the above photos that have been photoshopped to place them in the same room.

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2023 at 9:45 PM, Hope said:

I must admit, I'd enjoy seeing a bit more diversity on our Governing Body... but I know that everything is well in hand.  It's just a passing thought for me. ❤️ 

I do agree with you, on this one, but yes like you said everything is in place.