JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Two New Members of the Governing Body

It took me too long to locate the video.  Here is Br. Splane giving the talk..."Close to the End of the System of things"

The chart is presented around the 8 minute mark.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioTalks/pub-jwban_201509_1_VIDEO

Edited by jwhess

This chart form God’s Kingdom Rules! book shows it better.

1102014240_E_cnt_7_lg.jpg

GROUP 1: Anointed ones who saw the beginning of the fulfillment of the sign in 1914.

GROUP 2: Anointed ones who were contemporaries of the first group; some of these will live to see the great tribulation.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014240#h=22:0-28:0

Edited by Luigi62

1 hour ago, redvet said:

Can someone enlighten me on "This generation" its been 109 since 1914 and those brothers have died so what generation is this scripture speaking about?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Br. Splane had a talk (video) with a chart showing how the 1st and 2nd half of the "generation" overlapped

Instead of derailing this topic with a discussion on our understanding of 'this generation.". Those who wish to do so are invited to do so here:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/35497-the-overlap-in-this-generation/page/2/

This is another more recent topic available to review, but is locked to further participation. 

https://jwtalk.net/topic/41501-this-generation/

12 hours ago, jwhess said:

It took me too long to locate the video.  Here is Br. Splane giving the talk..."Close to the End of the System of things"

The chart is presented around the 8 minute mark.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioTalks/pub-jwban_201509_1_VIDEO

Thank you so,so much , for finding this video. I thought I'd saved it on my computer. Very much appreciated. 😃

15 hours ago, Shannie said:

Why does it seem like all anointed are white?

It really depends on the country. The majority of people in the U.S are white so it would make sense that the majority of anointed at the United States branch are white. This wouldn’t be the case in countries where whites are the minority. I personally know 3 anointed brothers and sisters and they are all black.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

16 hours ago, Danni said:

Actually, brother Gage Fleegle and bro. Seth Hyath.

Tomorrow morning! Everyone's excited.

A very loving arrangement! Both brothers are jolly, happy and encouraging. Bro. Fleege's talk and storytelling is superb. 😍😍😍

Bro. Hyatt on his conclusion said: "Supposed to be, the chairman should introduced the next speaker (bro. Fleegle), but I said "No! ............ I will do it."" 😄 He then states that while they were on their visiting assignments with their wives, bro. Fleegle received a new privilege. After that, he introduced bro. Fleegle's talk.

20230122_105534.jpg

20230122_105635.jpg

1 minute ago, Hope said:

I must admit, I'd enjoy seeing a bit more diversity on our Governing Body... but I know that everything is well in hand.  It's just a passing thought for me. ❤️ 

I don't understand that kind of thinking. What difference does it make what color they are? Jehovah chose them for their spiritual quality, not the color of their skin or their ethnicity.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

23 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I don't understand that kind of thinking. What difference does it make what color they are? Jehovah chose them for their spiritual quality, not the color of their skin or their ethnicity.

Background informs viewpoint... and oftentimes, empathy. It's not quite the same as a never-married brother giving talks/counsel about marriage & children or weighing in on issues peculiar to sisters... but it's a bit like that.  You appreciate that the information is ultimately from Jehovah and certainly take it in as such - with much appreciation, but there is something to be said for being able to speak from experience, isn't there?

That's all I'm saying. :peace:

Edited by Hope