JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Adjustments to Mask-Wearing Starting October 1, 2022

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 524 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Since we don't know everyone's circumstances, daily routines and whereabouts - we cannot/should not say/imply/insert/suggest that, if they say they got COVID at the KH, they really got it somewhere else.

There are some who do not go out to the store (or other places), nor do they have visitors and the only place they go outside their homes is to the KH - so, they know that is where they got COVID.

At the same time, we should not simply say we got it at the KH if we do other things in public and are around many people - we may have gotten COVID somewhere else the same day we went to the KH.

As far as the prevalence of COVID and any possible effects of the vaccine(s) - we should keep in mind, as 2 Timothy 3:1 says, "in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here" - and here they are.

We each should take the appropriate precautions and show love to our brothers and sisters even if their decisions are different than ours.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 1 month later...

Well, we've had an interesting couple of months with no masks. Personally, I still wear a mask, and I also sit in the second school whenever I go to meetings in person.

However, I just received an email today from my group overseer, with this note from the branch:

Masks.thumb.png.83896b40f45421cb2279f54d35accd47.png

Shortly after that email came a second email: Our meeting for tonight will be on Zoom only. I'm not sure it has anything to do with COVID though. Today was our first significant snowfall of the season; we're expecting 5 to 10 cm (2 to 4 inches). That's an early snowfall for us, so maybe that's the reason.

Edited by Sheep

Wow. Nothing yet from USA branch. Maybe soon though. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

On 10/14/2022 at 5:46 PM, Qapla said:

Since we don't know everyone's circumstances, daily routines and whereabouts - we cannot/should not say/imply/insert/suggest that, if they say they got COVID at the KH, they really got it somewhere else.

There are some who do not go out to the store (or other places), nor do they have visitors and the only place they go outside their homes is to the KH - so, they know that is where they got COVID.

At the same time, we should not simply say we got it at the KH if we do other things in public and are around many people - we may have gotten COVID somewhere else the same day we went to the KH.

As far as the prevalence of COVID and any possible effects of the vaccine(s) - we should keep in mind, as 2 Timothy 3:1 says, "in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here" - and here they are.

We each should take the appropriate precautions and show love to our brothers and sisters even if their decisions are different than ours.

So you mean to say even if we are pretty certain we got Covid from the KH, we should be quiet for the sake of unity? 

Masks, or not? 
It’s up to us. If we are nervous, get the masks out.

Or, we can practice self-care.  
Our hall is small, and our family is loving. 
We can tell if someone shows up with a mask, either they have been exposed, or they are not feeling up to par, themselves. They have a mask on.

Self-care? I worked in a clinic, so it has been a way of life for me. Wash those hands, and, keep them away from your face. 
Unless someone coughed in your face, we give whatever to ourselves, by touching ways for germ’s, (or, whatever) to enter our system. Mostly by touching our face, and any, “mucus” entry point on our face. 
If we touch door handles, etc.,with ungloved hands, then our face, it’s on us. 

Me? I’m paranoid about bathroom door handles. Any of them. Anywhere. I’ve known ones in our spiritual family, who don’t wash their hands after…

So, I still practice special,”universal precautions”,at all times. All times. Very quietly. 
My self-care is on me. No one else.

l’m 79, and, can’t tell you when I’ve caught the winter time flu, or even a cold, for that matter. 
This year for the first time since I retired, almost 20 years ago, I’m getting the flu shot. This pandemic and my age…

If we got whatever, friends, we know not where it came from, and, for the most part, we gave it to ourselves.💐

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

40 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

We can tell if someone shows up with a mask, either they have been exposed, or they are not feeling up to par, themselves. They have a mask on.

From the USA branch one who comes to the local kingdom hall would not be having cold or flu like symptoms and have not been exposed to a person with confirmed Covid-19 case within 5 days. The 5 days notice is on the USA branch supplied health notice on front of Kingdom Hall door. 

Screenshot_20221118-130011_kindlephoto-212957142.png

Edited by AH173

Correction

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible